10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    such an emo move dude, just leave it unsubed.
    Staying "unsubbed" implies a desire to return at a future date. Since I have no such desire, the need to just "unsub" is just a bandaid for someone with no willpower, or a new found disdain for Blizzard. Permanently deleting 8 years of game time and achievements is my own way of proving to myself I am over this game, and ensuring the path back is closed.

such an emo move dude, just leave it unsubed.
    That's how Superman-BladesEdge works. He is constantly dramatic and over the top and its all for show. Just look at his avatar and signature. Blizzard was his girl friend and now he's showing off his new one to everyone and hopes Blizzard gets jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Then it's pretty clear that those people didn't want to PVP anyway and no amount of "force interaction" would have made them stay and PVP in any choke point or bottle neck.

Ganking, while still PVP is a little one sided and rather meaningless.

If gamers don't want to PVP, you can't really force them. Flying just allowed them to do what they wanted quicker and get past areas they already want to avoid.
    if they don't want to PvP they can move to PvE servers where they belong. until then i'm sure i can find a way to force some PvP on them, will be so much easier with no-flying.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

regarding flying

flying is not being removed due to pvp. flying is being removed because people could do stuff so much faster when flying and thus reduced the time needed to do stuff. with the removal of flying at the start and who knows if they will add flying options. thus if you want to do something now you have travel time which increases the amount of time that bliz doens't have to set up something to occupy you. used to play everquest back in the day and you could spend hours travelling from 1 area to another. the wait time for some of the boats (you had to be on the boat to zone, if you weren't on a boat then you couldn''t zone)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    That's how Superman-BladesEdge works. He is constantly dramatic and over the top and its all for show. Just look at his avatar and signature. Blizzard was his girl friend and now he's showing off his new one to everyone and hopes Blizzard gets jealous.
    You must be in tight with the mods since they seem to be ok with you constantly following, naming, and shaming me without any recourse. I had you on ignore and removed you when I thought you were done stalking me. Guess I acted too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    You must be in tight with the mods since they seem to be ok with you constantly following, naming, and shaming me without any recourse. I had you on ignore and removed you when I thought you were done stalking me. Guess I acted too soon.
    I've been in this thread since the beginning.. Get over yourself. You're too obnoxious to stalk.

Staying "unsubbed" implies a desire to return at a future date.
    nah, it just leaves a door open in case, you know, you change your mind?

Since I have no such desire, the need to just "unsub" is just a bandaid for someone with no willpower, or a new found disdain for Blizzard. Permanently deleting 8 years of game time and achievements is my own way of proving to myself I am over this game, and ensuring the path back is closed.
    by perma deleting everything you take willpower out of the equation and make it easy on yourself. if you really had strong willpower just unsubbing would do.

sorry, emo move. but whatever, suit yourself.

Deleted
    isnt there a trinket that allows priests to 'fly' for 30 seconds...im alright jack

Quote Originally Posted by krunr123 View Post
    flying is not being removed due to pvp. flying is being removed because people could do stuff so much faster when flying and thus reduced the time needed to do stuff. with the removal of flying at the start and who knows if they will add flying options. thus if you want to do something now you have travel time which increases the amount of time that bliz doens't have to set up something to occupy you. used to play everquest back in the day and you could spend hours travelling from 1 area to another. the wait time for some of the boats (you had to be on the boat to zone, if you weren't on a boat then you couldn''t zone)
    I missed the article where Blizzard said that was their intentions. They did say though that flight paths will be quicker and more direct. So that kinda throws your theory out the window.

10+ Year Old Account
    suit yourself.
    Which is exactly my plan. So, since I am tired of defending my hate for Blizzard and hanging up my FanBoy tights...

I pass you and the other knights in the thread, the torch. Good luck to you all.

Deleted
    I missed the article where Blizzard said that was their intentions. They did say though that flight paths will be quicker and more direct. So that kinda throws your theory out the window.
    blizz posted the other day that they still havnt decided what theyre actually going to do about flying.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Then it's pretty clear that those people didn't want to PVP anyway and no amount of "force interaction" would have made them stay and PVP in any choke point or bottle neck.

Ganking, while still PVP is a little one sided and rather meaningless.

If gamers don't want to PVP, you can't really force them. Flying just allowed them to do what they wanted quicker and get past areas they already want to avoid.
    They don't want to PvP when they are at a disadvantage, that's the issue, people only land when they know they will have the upper hand, which leads to aerial stalemates of people looking at each other. Nobody likes being jumped because they are at a dusadvantage, so everybody will stay away

If they don't want to PvP they shouldn't be flagged or on a PvP server. The whole point of PvP in the world is for there to be a sense of danger, which doesn't exist when you are far out of the way. If a hunter is waiting around a tunnel to jump you, they should be able to do so, not have you hang 41 yards above ground and go on your merry way.

Which is exactly my plan. So, since I am tired of defending my hate for Blizzard and hanging up my FanBoy tights...

I pass you and the other knights in the thread, the torch. Good luck to you all.
    sir joeyray... i like the sound of that!

but i don't consider myself a knight tbh. i criticize blizzard as often as i defend them.

good luck to you too ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    sir joeyray... i like the sound of that!
    I do too mate. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    blizz posted the other day that they still havnt decided what theyre actually going to do about flying.
    That has nothing to do with what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    They don't want to PvP when they are at a disadvantage, that's the issue, people only land when they know they will have the upper hand, which leads to aerial stalemates of people looking at each other. Nobody likes being jumped because they are at a dusadvantage, so everybody will stay away
    There with that logic we should remove everything that isn't fair equal ground.

Since thats not going to happen, flying should also be left as a max level pickup.

If they don't want to PvP they shouldn't be flagged or on a PvP server. The whole point of PvP in the world is for there to be a sense of danger, which doesn't exist when you are far out of the way. If a hunter is waiting around a tunnel to jump you, they should be able to do so, not have you hang 41 yards above ground and go on your merry way.
    and maybe your right when on a PVP server but that is still up the the player to decide. Unless you somehow force everone to abide some some forced rule of PVP. Then PVP even on a PVP server is up the the player. That is not something to be forced.

Sure you can try to make areas of interest but if no one comes to it or cares. Then it stands to reason, no one really wanted it at anyway, didn't matter if it was PVP or PVE or BOTH.

if they don't want to PvP they can move to PvE servers where they belong. until then i'm sure i can find a way to force some PvP on them, will be so much easier with no-flying.
    and I agree on the PVP part but I'm not so blind that you can alway force PVP even on a PVP server.

You can try sure but if players don't want to participate. They will not. Doesn't matter how forced you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    Thats just PR verbal vomit from blizzard in a poor attempt to keep things smoothed over. Flying is out till 6.1

We are getting a crap load of TI content. It will be rather disappointing as it was in MoP and it will be the major content till 6.1 when flying is returned and a new area of TI content will be in place where flying is once again removed.

It's not sounding fun or exciting at all.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-05-06 at 02:24 PM.

I've done my fair share of Blizzard hate. They are far from infallible. I still know good game decisions when I see them. Can you do anything other than incorrectly categorize people with differing opinions than you or no?
    So "good" = fits your personal likes, sound reasoning not necessary. LOL

Still waiting on some sound reasoning why cutting a popular feature is better than fixing the small issues with the feature. The story crafted by the blue isn't sound reasoning. It just illustrates an issue with flying, but actually isn't a reason for axing vs fixing.

Honestly I think this boils down to dev time savings on blizzards end. And if the players accept it, they can continue it and maybe get things out faster.
    Last edited by gamingmuscle; 2014-05-06 at 02:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    So "good" = fits your personal likes, sound reasoning not necessary. LOL

Still waiting on some sound reasoning why cutting a popular feature is better than fixing the small issues with the feature. The story crafted by the blue isn't sound reasoning. It just illustrates an issue with flying, but actually isn't a reason for axing vs fixing.

Honestly I think this boils down to dev time savings on blizzards end. And if the players accept it, they can continue it and maybe get things out faster.
    So the issue brought to the table is with the current implementation of flying, content becomes just a swoop in on top of the objective and get out as fast as possible with no resistance. How would you fix that, and why is removing flying not a legitimate way of fixing this problem when that is literally all flying brings to the table.

So the issue brought to the table is with the current implementation of flying, content becomes just a swoop in on top of the objective and get out as fast as possible with no resistance. How would you fix that, and why is removing flying not a legitimate way of fixing this problem when that is literally all flying brings to the table.
    Should remove ground mounts, too. Since you can do the same with them. Everyone should just be running on foot with with no movement enhancing abilities whatsoever. Also, remove stealth. Can't have those pesky classes bypassing content with class specific abilities. Everyone needs to be on equal grounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Nope they can't fly. not the same.