Quote Originally Posted by WtfamIreading View Post
    Nope they can't fly. not the same.
    Anyone who uses the argument "swoop in and bypass content" need to stop and realize that you can do that regardless of flight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Anyone who uses the argument "swoop in and bypass content" need to stop and realize that you can do that regardless of flight.
    Wrong. Flying is bad for the game, so they decide not to implement it. If you can't accept that. Find a different game. I've seen you in this thread like 300 pages ago, must suck real bad to fight a dead cause as much as you do...

Wrong. Flying is bad for the game, so they decide not to implement it. If you can't accept that. Find a different game. I've seen you in this thread like 300 pages ago, must suck real bad to fight a dead cause as much as you do...
    Right. Flying is good for the game, that's why they decided to implement it. If you can't accept that. Find a different game. I've never seen you before in my life, but LOL at your post.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

They have actually come out saying they regret implementing it in the first place, so yeh. lols

They have actually come out saying they regret implementing it in the first place, so yeh. lols
    They say a lot of shit. They lie a lot. When they bring Flying back, they'll pretend like they regret removing it, too. The fact that you don't really grasp that is amazingly entertaining to me.

Oh boy. Do you honestly believe that? You should prepare yourself for yet a disappointment then, because frankly, there will be no flying in level 100.

Oh boy. Do you honestly believe that? You should prepare yourself for yet a disappointment then, because frankly, there will be no flying in level 100.
    Maybe not. I don't really care at this point. I actually get more entertainment from these threads than I've gotten from the game since I unsubbed back in November after getting bored of clearing SoO and farming rares on the TI.

Such a well thought out post!

I bet you can't even tell me what "bad for the game" even means. If you knew what it meant you wouldn't be using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

What's bad for an MMO is creating features that removes 99% of the social aspects of the game, flying is anti-social so they change it. LFR is anti-social so they change it. Anything that disrupts the social aspects of the game is damaging the game values. Oh and more or less everything they've added from Cata to 5.4. I can count good implementations in this time period on one hand. Which the subcount also can confirm.

Deleted
    What's bad for an MMO is creating features that removes 99% of the social aspects of the game, flying is anti-social so they change it. LFR is anti-social so they change it. Anything that disrupts the social aspects of the game is damaging the game values. Oh and more or less everything they've added from Cata to 5.4. I can count good implementations in this time period on one hand. Which the subcount also can confirm.
    flying and lfr aren't anti-social. the people that play the game are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    So the issue brought to the table is with the current implementation of flying, content becomes just a swoop in on top of the objective and get out as fast as possible with no resistance. How would you fix that, and why is removing flying not a legitimate way of fixing this problem when that is literally all flying brings to the table.
    It is a fix, I just don't feel amputating a feature for such minor issues is appropriate. Specially when they haven't backed it up with anything but a weak scenario that only shows a symptom of the issue...not the solution to it and certainly not why solution A is better than solution B. Hell pvp has caused far more problems in the game than flying ever could. But we'll work in that. But a simple feature that doesn't generate many problems, but does force us to do more dev work flushing out a truly finished 3d world is going to get cut.

So until I see something that backs up why removing > Fixing..I'm going to have to side with my developer side of cutting what can be cut to make a deadline =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    It is a fix, I just don't feel amputating a feature for such minor issues is appropriate. Specially when they haven't backed it up with anything but a weak scenario that only shows a symptom of the issue...not the solution to it and certainly not why solution A is better than solution B. Hell pvp has caused far more problems in the game than flying ever could. But we'll work in that. But a simple feature that doesn't generate many problems, but does force us to do more dev work flushing out a truly finished 3d world is going to get cut.

So until I see something that backs up why removing > Fixing..I'm going to have to side with my developer side of cutting what can be cut to make a deadline =P
    With the dozens of analogies i've read in this thread.. I sincerely feel that a lot of you put far too much weight on the importance of flying. WoW will continue to be WoW without it.

With the dozens of analogies i've read in this thread.. I sincerely feel that a lot of you put far too much weight on the importance of flying. WoW will continue to be WoW without it.
    Well of course it would still be WOW. It would still be wow if we all just walked everywhere and removed ground mounts as well.

Either way, what it would be is be less of an interesting game. You don't remove a feature that makes your game stand out from almost every other MMO out there. You showcase it. Enhance it, build content around it and show everyone that wow has flying and many others do not or are trying to add it.

You don't remove a sales pitch that strong, in times when wow is losing 4.5- 5.5 million subs and more as each day passes with no new live content.

How exactly is Flying anti-social? To me it looks socially neutral...neither adding to nor removing from that aspect.

The largest anti-social aspect I've experienced in wow and really most multiplayer games as of late are the player's themselves. So much toxicity.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Well of course it would still be WOW. It would still be wow if we all just walked everywhere and removed ground mounts as well.

Either way, what it would be is be less of an interesting game. You don't remove a feature that makes your game stand out from almost every other MMO out there. You showcase it. Enhance it, build content around it and show everyone that wow has flying and many others do not or are trying to add it.

You don't remove a sales pitch that strong, in times when wow is losing 4.5- 5.5 million subs and more as each day passes with no new live content.
    But... but... Cata and MoP was made for flying and they've lost ~5million subs in this period. Mayhap, a change is direction is needed?

It will. At no point did I say it wouldn't. I have no doubt that the ground experience will be nice, and once I grow tired of it I will ignore it like I have ever since vanilla, and only participate in the parts I need/want to. And again, this isn't a reason why removal is the right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    How exactly is Flying anti-social? To me it looks socially neutral...neither adding to nor removing from that aspect.

The largest anti-social aspect I've experienced in wow and really most multiplayer games as of late are the player's themselves. So much toxicity.
    My theory is that stuff like flying in Stormwind/Orgrimmar, LFR among a ton of other implementations we've seen the last 4 years has nurtured the society we have today. I think that a ton of simplifications of playing the game removes the need of others to progress your character, which gets boring much quicker than an including, community-based game. I don't know, maybe all the changes we see from Blizzard today is because they share the same views? I don't know. But they acknowledge that something is wrong, and they try to fix it with whatever they think is what's best for the game. To be honest, I agree with much if not all the changes that is coming.

But... but... Cata and MoP was made for flying and they've lost ~5million subs in this period. Mayhap, a change is direction is needed?
    Except in the formula of wow success, cataclysm and MoP sucked whenit came to content and story. Player need that too along with staple features that make the game interesting especially at max level. Flying would be one of those features.

TBC and WoTLK had great content and story and flying at max level. Guess what - They brought wow to 12 million subs.

Over the years flying has changed little. It's not the cause of cata and MoP losing subs or it would have had a similar effect on TBC and WoTLK.

Your idea there is flawed.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-05-06 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's bad for an MMO is creating features that removes 99% of the social aspects of the game
    - Soloing old content is not a social aspect, needs to be removed
    - Soloing current content is not a social aspect, needs to be made more difficult and unsoloable
    - Pet Battles / Collecting do not provide a social aspect, better just sell all pets in the store and force all battles to be against other players
    - Dailies are not a social aspect, guess we need to tune those UP
    - Most quests are soloable, guess all quests need to require a (3) or (5) to complete

- Sitting in the cities and chatting is a social aspect, that should be encouraged more
    - Chatting while queued for BGs/Arenas/Raids/5M Dungeons is social, so we should encourage that more
    - ERPing in Goldshire is a social interaction, that should be encouraged at every tavern!

Now, it might just be me, but just because something is not a social aspect doesn't convince me it should be removed from the game. Just my thought on it.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Your idea there is flawed.
    Well, yea of course it is, I was being sarcastic on the first bit. But claiming it will be less interesting to play without it, when you haven't even played the game-extension is kind of ignorant and based on stubborn attitude.
    Last edited by WtfamIreading; 2014-05-06 at 05:31 PM.