Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Been there, and done that. Cancelled and deleted all 3 accounts. 8 years of loyalty and $5k spent. Even ditched D3 and Hearthstone.
    Why did you do that. I hate the change as well.

They are going to revert it. The anti fly community is simply too small.

I have been going in game encouraging people to come and post about it. People do not know flying is on the chopping block. They do not believe blizzard would do that to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Why did you do that. I hate the change as well.

They are going to revert it. The anti fly community is simply too small.

I have been going in game encouraging people to come and post about it. People do not know flying is on the chopping block. They do not believe blizzard would do that to them.
    I will share with you the same reason I shared with Ordinator in a Private Message:

While I agree the decision may seem hasty, it was mine to make. I wanted them to get just ONE piece of feedback from someone willing to permanently destroy 8 years of enjoyable game-play all because of their stance on "possibly" no flight in Draenor. If 6.1 comes, and flight is added into the new zones, I may pick up a new copy of the game, take the free boost, and recreate my Druid. I may miss the mounts, achievements, and all that gold, but the most important part of this game for me is the freedom that comes with shape-shifting into a storm crow and soaring high above the world, and then swooping in, meeting up with fellow druids, and role-playing my character in the Druid's council. I know I am the extreme minority on this, but I felt I had to make a big statement. 8 years, $5k, and 10k+ achievement points are gone, and I do not regret standing up for the one key feature in which I believe. I hope that helps clarify matters.

I will share with you the same reason I shared with Ordinator in a Private Message:
    I get it. Blizzard is really being dumb on this one. THey should just let people know their intent.

Bliion dollar companies do not wait and see. It is stupid to even say it.

A more accurate statement would be:

We at Blizzard WANT to do this and our players DO NOT WANT us to do this and we do not know what to do.

Anyone who believes that playing at 100% travel speed is going to be more enjoyable than playing at 310% travel speed is in for a harsh reality once people start dinging 100.

I did not delete my stuff. But i will not buy WoD until they announce flying.

I hope they announce soon as I am spending a small fortune on games i would have never bought had they never screwed with flying.

At least I m seeing some pretty cool games that I never knew existed. I am liking the Assassins Creed series immensely.

Maybe the no flying thing is a good thing for the PC video game market. I dabbled in PC MMOs but pretty much spent the majority of my time on Blizzard products. Since the announcement I avoid Blizz products as best as possible. The no flying also stopped me from Buying Diablo 3 exp. I picked up Borderland 2 which is pretty fun.
    Last edited by Barkloud; 2014-05-24 at 05:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get it. Blizzard is really being dumb on this one. THey should just let people know their intent.

-- Snipped --
    Agreed. I've been spending all my time in SWTOR and am loving it. Already recruited 6 friends from work and we play together every Fri/Sat night from 8PM til Midnight. It's a BLAST! Plus, everytime I roll an alt, as a subscriber I have like 15 things free just sitting in my mailbox (which is endless, not 29 days) for me to open and get started with. Gear, titles, pets, mounts, and more.

As for WoW, I hope they see that some of us take a key feature's removal from new content VERY seriously, and are not afraid to stand up to them and make a statement about our discord.

Don't be silly. Blizzard KNOWS everything. They will remove flying from Draenor and it will stay removed UNLESS too many people cancel. That is what they know, but they are not DUMB to tell people. We only know about it because that silly Afrasiabi couldn't keep his mouth shout. He probably got cock-slapped in the face for that shit anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Don't be silly. Blizzard KNOWS everything. They will remove flying from Draenor and it will stay removed UNLESS too many people cancel. That is what they know, but they are not DUMB to tell people. We only know about it because that silly Afrasiabi couldn't keep his mouth shout. He probably got cock-slapped in the face for that shit anyway.
    It as probably his idea. So both parties are wrong. He is for suggesting it and they are because when GC left and took a bunch of people with him, they had no idea of what to do, so they promoted him. Alex has literally done nothing to deserve to be the lead on a billion dollar anything. Let alone a video game.

His way of wanting to play is not how the majority of people play. He doesn't have to pay, and this is his job. Those two items skew his ability to make a game for the masses, and make no mistake WoW is not an exclusive community.

Ya know...as I sit here in limbo, having cancelled...wondering what to do with my gaming time. I look over at wildstar, and I gotta say. So far everything I see looks better than wow right now. The art, the concept, the pvp...havn't checked out pve yet though. But if the mechanics carry over from pvp...then that's pretty damn fun looking play wise. All warcraft has right now are my guildmates, but i can make new ones pretty simple.

And to be honest, I think it's kind of appealing to be able to join another game at launch and see where it goes.

I think this was a very bad time to split your player base down the middle between who you pissed off and who you didn't piss off, with the removal of flying.

I'm leaning towards never coming back to be honest. Even if blizzard suddenly declared their idiocy and apologized while reinstating flying. With wildstar, I'm guaranteed no more story lines centered around green jesus. That's a bonus!
    Last edited by Drytoast; 2014-05-24 at 06:32 PM.

Deleted
    Inner reactionist roots for no-flying in WoD.

Altho that would make rep,daily and proffesion farming booring and annoying as hell.
    But for reals no flying for first raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffodily View Post
    Inner reactionist roots for no-flying in WoD.

Altho that would make rep,daily and proffesion farming booring and annoying as hell.
    But for reals no flying for first raid tier.
    I do not think peeps have a problem with no flying while leveling. It is a problem however with no flying ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    Ya know...as I sit here in limbo, having cancelled...wondering what to do with my gaming time. I look over at wildstar, and I gotta say. So far everything I see looks better than wow right now. The art, the concept, the pvp...havn't checked out pve yet though. But if the mechanics carry over from pvp...then that's pretty damn fun looking play wise. All warcraft has right now are my guildmates, but i can make new ones pretty simple.

And to be honest, I think it's kind of appealing to be able to join another game at launch and see where it goes.

I think this was a very bad time to split your player base down the middle between who you pissed off and who you didn't piss off, with the removal of flying.

I'm leaning towards never coming back to be honest. Even if blizzard suddenly declared their idiocy and apologized while reinstating flying. With wildstar, I'm guaranteed no more story lines centered around green jesus. That's a bonus!
    As if the vast majority of changes ever implemented haven't pissed off a significant number of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    It as probably his idea. So both parties are wrong. He is for suggesting it and they are because when GC left and took a bunch of people with him, they had no idea of what to do, so they promoted him. Alex has literally done nothing to deserve to be the lead on a billion dollar anything. Let alone a video game.

His way of wanting to play is not how the majority of people play. He doesn't have to pay, and this is his job. Those two items skew his ability to make a game for the masses, and make no mistake WoW is not an exclusive community.
    The devs have never had to play and it's always been their jobs. This is the case for all video game developers ever. Are you saying video games in general are fundamentally flawed because their makers don't pay for them and made the games as part of their job?

Also, Alex has done nothing to deserve lead on anything?
    Jesus people were quick to forget that GC was originally a Marine Biologist with zero experience when he was brought into the Age of Empires series.

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post

Honestly there's nothing wrong with giving WoW a break.

Go play Wildstar. Chances are you'll eventually get to a point where you've done almost all that there is currently available to do and will grow bored - wether that's 3 months or 3 years from now.

The beautiful lesson I learned is that ALL of WoW's content will STILL be there when you get back (provided the servers don't shut down and/or Blizz does some weird Cataclysm-level revamping). And depending on how long you were gone, you'll have THAT much content to experience and enjoy when you come back.

The lesson I learned with my yearly breaks is this - WoW breaks are EXCELLENT... as the longer you're away, the more content and refinements you'll have when you come back. No sense in paying for things when you're not having enough fun and/or new content experiences. But you CAN pay for it later when you come back... and you'll pick up right where you left off.

i just rewatched the video from page 1. I almost feel bad for that Alex guy. How would you like to go down as the guy who destroyed WOW. Even if he is not at fault.

He pulled aggro from GC pretty fast.

uuuhhhh i think we can have a world without flight. 10,000 posts later......

i just rewatched the video from page 1. I almost feel bad for that Alex guy. How would you like to go down as the guy who destroyed WOW. Even if he is not at fault.

That's a ton of hyperbole you have there.

The reality is it's the same few people arguing the same points over and over and over again.

seems like there was some hate for him before he started being the new spotlight guy to hate on
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    That's a ton of hyperbole you have there.

The reality is it's the same few people arguing the same points over and over and over again.
    I would challenge you to find 10 threads in the first 10 pages that don't mention "no flying in Draenor zones" at least ONE time. This topic is bigger than most people think, and it has gotten SO big on the official forums, when I left, they were STILL locking/deleting threads talking about No Flying. $100 says they wish the could lock this massive fucker and delete it.

I would challenge you to find 10 threads in the first 10 pages that don't mention "no flying in Draenor zones" at least ONE time. This topic is bigger than most people think, and it has gotten SO big on the official forums, when I left, they were STILL locking/deleting threads talking about No Flying. $100 says they wish the could lock this massive fucker and delete it.
    And I bet you $100 that it's the same handful of people trying to turn every single thread into a flying debate.

Yes i'm sure they're absolutely shitting themselves over this thread....

Blizzard need to stand strong on their stance and not give into the people crying about flying, and hopefully they will. Like lots of other current MMOs have realised, flying isn't positive for gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I bet you $100 that it's the same handful of people trying to turn every single thread into a flying debate.

Yes i'm sure they're absolutely shitting themselves over this thread....

Blizzard need to stand strong on their stance and not give into the people crying about flying, and hopefully they will. Like lots of other current MMOs have realised, flying isn't positive for gameplay.
    And yet none of them have ever truly included it. Not sure if that means they thought flying sucks, or that they just did not want to waste money and resources developing a skybox. But since neither of us ever worked for every MMO in existence, we'll just have to guess.

Yeah, Blizzard will stand strong on their stance until they find their customers are, also, prepared to stand strong and deprive them of a monthly sub and then they will crumble, as they have every other time, blaming the players that told them it was a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Yeah, Blizzard will stand strong on their stance until they find their customers are, also, prepared to stand strong and deprive them of a monthly sub and then they will crumble, as they have every other time, blaming the players that told them it was a good idea.
    as they have in the past... and will again in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Until that can be backed up with hard evidence it's just meaningless to be honest.