Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    It's not bad.. u have things to do in wod wod/dailies/raids/dungeons/profession/afk/bg/pvp/etc etc etc Get use to flight path for a while \o/
    Not to mention that you don't really have to leave your city/garrison walls to do stuff. So you won't see more people in the world as it's being claimed. In fact, considering the garrisons and the generally boring faction "cities" you'll probably see less. Ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    It's not bad.. u have things to do in wod wod/dailies/raids/dungeons/profession/afk/bg/pvp/etc etc etc Get use to flight path for a while \o/
    Going afk is a thing to do now? Wow, I can't wait for WoD so I can go afk :P
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-07-30 at 05:37 PM.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Going afk is a thing to do now? Wow, I can't wait for WoD so I can go afk :P
    Yah I never knew... lol

World of Quecraft here we come.

Next expansion WoW is just going to be a lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Yah I never knew... lol

World of Quecraft here we come.

Next expansion WoW is just going to be a lobby game.
    World of Warcraft: The Lounge Room

What if they made flying very expensive like in TBC? That way flying can exist in the game for those that are willing to find the gold. While at the same time the cost will leave a fair amount of players and alts on the ground for a while to increase player density and proximity in zones?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    World of Warcraft: The Lounge Room
    Hey welcome back haven't seen ya for a bit.

I think it will be World of Warcraft: Prepare for Battle lounge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Not what he said. And he kept saying it. At some point a man has to speak up.
    Didn't know you could delete them. You awalys have the option of not summoning them.... same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    What if they made flying very expensive like in TBC? That way flying can exist in the game for those that are willing to find the gold. While at the same time the cost will leave a fair amount of players and alts on the ground for a while to increase player density and proximity in zones?
    Cost really isn't a issue.

You want to see people on the ground go to where the new content is.

I use this as a example all the time Battlefield Barrens: People every where, working together (even apposing factions), grouping, hell even world PVP happened on my PVE server... this all happened while we had flight.

The same can be said for Golden Lotus dailies, and Operation Shield Wall.

Flying isn't the problem lack of content is the problem. One of the key things Blizzard would need to do to make a no flight world work, is release content at a pace of at least 5 times a year. By new content I don't mean "hey here is a new raid and a couple quests" . It would have to be new zones, quest hubs, etc etc... then raids on top of that ... WoW is either unable or unwilling to do that.

and that is only one thing that would need to happen to make a flightless world tolerable to the masses IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    No flying will not " leave a fair amount of players and alts on the ground for a while", the penalty of no flight will push us into cities and garrisons to play the game from menus. This will not work.

Yep, other ideas also brought up in this thread before as solutions are a nerf to the speed, a reduction in the height of the skybox, finishing lore master for each zone to unlock flying there, increase ground mount speed, make content for and uses flying, specific areas of zones that are flight restricted for w/e reason etc...

All better than "We might remove it, or not, but we could, but that may not be the case, cuz we could bring it back. But we might remove it. Or not. /shrug"
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-07-30 at 05:59 PM.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Flying isn't the problem lack of content is the problem.
    LOL, no matter how many times we tell them this, they just don't get it.

Give us a reason to go into the open world and we would be there. Killing rares that only give loot one time will not keep us in the open world.

With flying, we don't have to slog through low level mobs that are no risk, no challenge and little reward just so we can do pet battles, archaeology, ore, herbs, skinning, exploring, pet collecting, dailies, fishing and so on. If we can fly to these points of interests, we will be in the open world.
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-07-30 at 06:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Money sinks really aren't much fun.

That aside, for a lot of people flying IS still very expensive. My wife rarely has 2k on her. I suspect there are probably quite a lot of people who either don't buy flying right away, or never even purchase 310% speed.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Money sinks really aren't much fun.

That aside, for a lot of people flying IS still very expensive. My wife rarely has 2k on her. I suspect there are probably quite a lot of people who either don't buy flying right away, or never even purchase 310% speed.
    Yah that is what I typically have on my toons as well.

I remember having to send gold from all my toons so one of them could get flight.

although when I quit the game I had around 250k gold .... from prepping for the gold sinks in WoD.

I'd rather see a questline. I've never been good at getting gold and only have 310% flying on 1 character and then only because I got it with the Violet Proto-drake, 1 character has 280% flying and the other 9 are stuck with 150% flying because I simply don't have the gold for better.
    Making some special mounts expensive is a better solution than making the skill expensive.

Considering how "time-pressed" they are it'll probably just be an item you buy for 3,500 gold. 1,000 or so up from MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    Considering how "time-pressed" they are it'll probably just be an item you buy for 3,500 gold. 1,000 or so up from MoP.
    probably that is still going to be a lot of gold for my main and alts <sigh>

I still haven't seen a post it is being returned in 6.1 yet.... the sooner the better

I see the tagging system has become a issue of debate.

Open tag was one of my points on how to make WoD fun w/out flight. Looks like they want to go the opposite direction.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-07-30 at 07:40 PM.

Blizzard's "wait and see" attitude toward flight is one of the things which has created a "wait and see" attitude towards my purchase of WoD. What I care about most in WoW is group content - raiding and 5-mans.

Don't get me wrong, no-flight isn't the only issue. What I have gathered via occasional perusing of MMO-C and Blue Tracker:

Garrisons have been gutted and no longer can be placed anywhere, making the lone new feature seem pretty lackluster. Right now it appears to me to be a clone of SWTOR's companion missions but featuring more micromanagement.

Valor is gone, and LFG requires getting Silver in Proving Grounds. This just screams 'tedious grind' to me; if I need (for example) better bracers, I'll have to run whichever dungeon drops those bracers until (a) they drop and (b) I win the roll... and that's after I jump through whatever hoops are required for permission to queue up. Another problem, what happens to players who start playing WoD months after the launch? Will anyone even run the launch Heroic Dungeons, since there won't be the Valor carrot?

Apparently one can queue into LFR without any prerequisites, though I expect LFR to continue to be a miserable experience.

Gathering materials for trade skills will simply take more time, since the Beta feedback has been that nodes are the same distance from each other as they are in MoP, along with MoP-ish drop rates.

None of the above inspires me to give Blizzard $50 and hope that the endgame doesn't suck. I know people who still play WoW, and I will be able to get brutally honest opinions about the expansion when it launches. Right now I simply do not see the big selling point for WoD, especially given the increased price for what sure seems to be less content.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    LOL, no matter how many times we tell them this, they just don't get it.

Give us a reason to go into the open world and we would be there. Killing rares that only give loot one time will not keep us in the open world.

With flying, we don't have to slog through low level mobs that are no risk, no challenge and little reward just so we can do pet battles, archaeology, ore, herbs, skinning, exploring, pet collecting, dailies, fishing and so on. If we can fly to these points of interests, we will be in the open world.
    But with rares, you'll be d-OH CRAP GOTTA TAB IN HUO'S UP

Quote Originally Posted by Enjoy Everything View Post
    But with rares, you'll be d-OH CRAP GOTTA TAB IN HUO'S UP
    You made the perfect reply *for* flying.

A timed mob, with a desired mount drop, on a limited path, on a terrain rise with only one pathway to get there.

So we have...

Opt A - No flying, better park and AFK until I can attack him, because I'll never make it from 90% of the lower areas of the island, and everyone else is already farming Berserkers so there's not much to do.

or...

Opt B - With flying, can pretty much do whatever I want on the island until someone calls out Houlon is up, and then fly to him quick to get in on the action/fun.

But yeah that no flying option, what immersion!

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I'd rather see a questline. I've never been good at getting gold and only have 310% flying on 1 character and then only because I got it with the Violet Proto-drake, 1 character has 280% flying and the other 9 are stuck with 150% flying because I simply don't have the gold for better.
    Making some special mounts expensive is a better solution than making the skill expensive.
    I wouldn't even mind if they made us do all quests, all zones explored, all five man heroic bosses killed, and the last boss of the raids killed(LFR and higher should count) for flight to be enabled. That will take me about a week, maybe two weeks as it depends on how many shitty quests there are, to complete. That might sting for casuals, but it will give them something to look forward to at max level.

But, we all know that this is an attempt to slow player progression(they admitted to this in a few posts), and couple that with the fact that the main continent of Draenor won't even be finished by the time they ship WoD. Makes me wonder what the they were doing since blizzcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.