1. #15041
    Dreadlord Nayaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Land of Tin Foil hats
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Flying isn't the problem lack of content is the problem.
    LOL, no matter how many times we tell them this, they just don't get it.

    Give us a reason to go into the open world and we would be there. Killing rares that only give loot one time will not keep us in the open world.

    With flying, we don't have to slog through low level mobs that are no risk, no challenge and little reward just so we can do pet battles, archaeology, ore, herbs, skinning, exploring, pet collecting, dailies, fishing and so on. If we can fly to these points of interests, we will be in the open world.
    Last edited by Nayaga; Yesterday at 06:09 PM.

  2. #15042
    Titan smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    14,365
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    What if they made flying very expensive like in TBC? That way flying can exist in the game for those that are willing to find the gold. While at the same time the cost will leave a fair amount of players and alts on the ground for a while to increase player density and proximity in zones?
    Money sinks really aren't much fun.

    That aside, for a lot of people flying IS still very expensive. My wife rarely has 2k on her. I suspect there are probably quite a lot of people who either don't buy flying right away, or never even purchase 310% speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    The most accurate history of the USSR ever.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  3. #15043
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Money sinks really aren't much fun.

    That aside, for a lot of people flying IS still very expensive. My wife rarely has 2k on her. I suspect there are probably quite a lot of people who either don't buy flying right away, or never even purchase 310% speed.
    Yah that is what I typically have on my toons as well.

    I remember having to send gold from all my toons so one of them could get flight.

    although when I quit the game I had around 250k gold .... from prepping for the gold sinks in WoD.

  4. #15044
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,320
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    What if they made flying very expensive like in TBC? That way flying can exist in the game for those that are willing to find the gold. While at the same time the cost will leave a fair amount of players and alts on the ground for a while to increase player density and proximity in zones?
    I'd rather see a questline. I've never been good at getting gold and only have 310% flying on 1 character and then only because I got it with the Violet Proto-drake, 1 character has 280% flying and the other 9 are stuck with 150% flying because I simply don't have the gold for better.
    Making some special mounts expensive is a better solution than making the skill expensive.

  5. #15045
    Considering how "time-pressed" they are it'll probably just be an item you buy for 3,500 gold. 1,000 or so up from MoP.

  6. #15046
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    Considering how "time-pressed" they are it'll probably just be an item you buy for 3,500 gold. 1,000 or so up from MoP.
    probably that is still going to be a lot of gold for my main and alts <sigh>

    I still haven't seen a post it is being returned in 6.1 yet.... the sooner the better

    I see the tagging system has become a issue of debate.

    Open tag was one of my points on how to make WoD fun w/out flight. Looks like they want to go the opposite direction.
    Last edited by Maneo; Yesterday at 07:40 PM.

  7. #15047
    Blizzard's "wait and see" attitude toward flight is one of the things which has created a "wait and see" attitude towards my purchase of WoD. What I care about most in WoW is group content - raiding and 5-mans.

    Don't get me wrong, no-flight isn't the only issue. What I have gathered via occasional perusing of MMO-C and Blue Tracker:

    Garrisons have been gutted and no longer can be placed anywhere, making the lone new feature seem pretty lackluster. Right now it appears to me to be a clone of SWTOR's companion missions but featuring more micromanagement.

    Valor is gone, and LFG requires getting Silver in Proving Grounds. This just screams 'tedious grind' to me; if I need (for example) better bracers, I'll have to run whichever dungeon drops those bracers until (a) they drop and (b) I win the roll... and that's after I jump through whatever hoops are required for permission to queue up. Another problem, what happens to players who start playing WoD months after the launch? Will anyone even run the launch Heroic Dungeons, since there won't be the Valor carrot?

    Apparently one can queue into LFR without any prerequisites, though I expect LFR to continue to be a miserable experience.

    Gathering materials for trade skills will simply take more time, since the Beta feedback has been that nodes are the same distance from each other as they are in MoP, along with MoP-ish drop rates.

    None of the above inspires me to give Blizzard $50 and hope that the endgame doesn't suck. I know people who still play WoW, and I will be able to get brutally honest opinions about the expansion when it launches. Right now I simply do not see the big selling point for WoD, especially given the increased price for what sure seems to be less content.

  8. #15048
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    LOL, no matter how many times we tell them this, they just don't get it.

    Give us a reason to go into the open world and we would be there. Killing rares that only give loot one time will not keep us in the open world.

    With flying, we don't have to slog through low level mobs that are no risk, no challenge and little reward just so we can do pet battles, archaeology, ore, herbs, skinning, exploring, pet collecting, dailies, fishing and so on. If we can fly to these points of interests, we will be in the open world.
    But with rares, you'll be d-OH CRAP GOTTA TAB IN HUO'S UP

  9. #15049
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjoy Everything View Post
    But with rares, you'll be d-OH CRAP GOTTA TAB IN HUO'S UP
    You made the perfect reply *for* flying.

    A timed mob, with a desired mount drop, on a limited path, on a terrain rise with only one pathway to get there.

    So we have...

    Opt A - No flying, better park and AFK until I can attack him, because I'll never make it from 90% of the lower areas of the island, and everyone else is already farming Berserkers so there's not much to do.

    or...

    Opt B - With flying, can pretty much do whatever I want on the island until someone calls out Houlon is up, and then fly to him quick to get in on the action/fun.

    But yeah that no flying option, what immersion!

  10. #15050
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I'd rather see a questline. I've never been good at getting gold and only have 310% flying on 1 character and then only because I got it with the Violet Proto-drake, 1 character has 280% flying and the other 9 are stuck with 150% flying because I simply don't have the gold for better.
    Making some special mounts expensive is a better solution than making the skill expensive.
    I wouldn't even mind if they made us do all quests, all zones explored, all five man heroic bosses killed, and the last boss of the raids killed(LFR and higher should count) for flight to be enabled. That will take me about a week, maybe two weeks as it depends on how many shitty quests there are, to complete. That might sting for casuals, but it will give them something to look forward to at max level.

    But, we all know that this is an attempt to slow player progression(they admitted to this in a few posts), and couple that with the fact that the main continent of Draenor won't even be finished by the time they ship WoD. Makes me wonder what the they were doing since blizzcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    what? you can knock people off ground mounts with auto attack.

  11. #15051
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I wouldn't even mind if they made us do all quests, all zones explored, all five man heroic bosses killed, and the last boss of the raids killed(LFR and higher should count) for flight to be enabled. That will take me about a week, maybe two weeks as it depends on how many shitty quests there are, to complete. That might sting for casuals, but it will give them something to look forward to at max level.

    But, we all know that this is an attempt to slow player progression(they admitted to this in a few posts), and couple that with the fact that the main continent of Draenor won't even be finished by the time they ship WoD. Makes me wonder what the they were doing since blizzcon.
    I could deal with those restrictions before flight is enabled

    As far as what they have been doing since Blizzcon I think something went horribly wrong with the development of WoD

  12. #15052
    Blademaster Eridon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Make my flying only mounts be used as ground only mounts and i will be fine with it..what I'm most upset is that i cant use my favorite mounts that i put a LOT (years in some cases) of effort into...
    You can still use them just not in Draenor so they're not entirely wasted.

  13. #15053
    Quote Originally Posted by Eridon View Post
    You can still use them just not in Draenor so they're not entirely wasted.
    Unless a player spends a lot of time in not-current content, the flying mounts will be 100% wasted.

  14. #15054
    Quote Originally Posted by Galred View Post
    Unless a player spends a lot of time in not-current content, the flying mounts will be 100% wasted.
    I honestly think the people that use the reasoning that you can still use your flying mount in old content have to be trolling cause people really can't be that stupid can they?

    A. MMO are all about progressing your character... not many ways to progress your character in content Blizz is opting you out of if you spend 60 bucks.

    B. Majority of flying mounts look really stupid running around on the ground like a parrot who had its wings clipped.

  15. #15055
    There has never been no flying in an area with CRZ, I'd like to see how that is.

    Quote Originally Posted by jd5 View Post
    You made the perfect reply *for* flying.

    A timed mob, with a desired mount drop, on a limited path, on a terrain rise with only one pathway to get there.

    So we have...

    Opt A - No flying, better park and AFK until I can attack him, because I'll never make it from 90% of the lower areas of the island, and everyone else is already farming Berserkers so there's not much to do.

    or...

    Opt B - Completely trivialize all the terrain of the island while being in absolutely no rush because I know I can get to him in 2 seconds. In fact, the whole island might as well be one of those miniature models of an area from the way I see it.

    But yeah that no flying option, what immersion!
    Fixed B for you! Can you not see how this completely shits on the whole point of that zones atmosphere? In that setting it doesn't matter where you are, T.I, Isle of Thunder or anywhere, that whole zone might as well be flat ground with nothing but objectives on it.


    WoW with flying:

    WoW without flying:

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I honestly think the people that use the reasoning that you can still use your flying mount in old content have to be trolling cause people really can't be that stupid can they?

    A. MMO are all about progressing your character... not many ways to progress your character in content Blizz is opting you out of if you spend 60 bucks.

    B. Majority of flying mounts look really stupid running around on the ground like a parrot who had its wings clipped.
    What is your point with all this? Blizz isn't doing anything to you but not letting you climb the y axis in a handful of zones. You aren't at a disadvantage and things are basically business as usual.
    Last edited by Brandon138; Today at 05:03 AM.
    Signature

  16. #15056
    Dreadlord Nayaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Land of Tin Foil hats
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    There has never been no flying in an area with CRZ, I'd like to see how that is.
    There is no CRZ on TI? Really? (not sarcasm, real question)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    WoW with flying:
    WoW on a flight taxi:

    Strange, that look the same, image that!

    The only difference is with a flight taxi is you are handcuffed to a forced AFK time, zero immersion. With a personal flying mount you can land anytime to immerse yourself with interesting things on the ground.

    Thus you get this view, which you can't from a flight taxi. LOLOLOLOL

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eridon View Post
    You can still use them just not in Draenor so they're not entirely wasted.
    If you can't use flying mount where you will be playing, they are useless. We will all be in Draenor when the expansion is released. Your statement is moronic.
    Last edited by Nayaga; Today at 01:02 PM.

  17. #15057
    And wait till people get a taste of Archaeology which is just as grindy as it was in MOP with more terrain that's harder to navigate . Then we'll talk about how much you need a flying mount in MOP.

  18. #15058
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    And wait till people get a taste of Archaeology which is just as grindy as it was in MOP with more terrain that's harder to navigate . Then we'll talk about how much you need a flying mount in MOP.
    One of the anti flight people in this thread was talking about how he got all the archeology achievements in MoP. Then I asked if he would have done it w/out flight his answer was "Hell no"

    He has since vanished from this thread. Maybe opinions changed <shrug>

    Taking away flight will turn the response to most people in regards to open world content will be exactly that "Hell No"

    Welcome to world of que craft.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •