Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    What I meant was turning the genre into something else.
    Ok, and the game was that way for about, er, 80% of the time it's existed? 70%? something in that range? And you don't get why people have a problem with it being changed from what it was almost the entire time it has existed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    LOL. I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I was half expecting a bird to swoop in and eat it, then I remembered that birds are lazy and just fly past things they find relevant on the ground. Birds skip ground content all the time. Stupid birds aren't immersed.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

What I meant was turning the genre into something else.
    Soooo, it wasn't an mmo then for then past 8 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    As a fan of world PvP I hope that flying doesn't come to WoD anytime soon. I understand if Blizz feels it has to arrive 6.1 (or thereabouts), however I would be happy ground mounts enforced for the whole expansion - and only opened up when the next expansion lands.
    As serious athoholic with 22 90's, just to think about no flying make me scream in horror.
    It was horrible enough to get my flying till lvl 90 during mop. i'm all for a tome to fly lk style.
    No flying even at max lvl is just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Then you can enjoy them on your own expense, with patches lagging behind for months, etc. We, normal people, are not going to buy an expansion without flying.
    You mean you cry babies wont buy this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    You mean you cry babies wont buy this expansion.
    I am amazed your fingers don't curl the wrong way when you write this. You know that this only happens because of a 7 year old whine from a very vocal minority spending too much time in cities trying to impose the idea that whining is cool if it's about what you think you want.

WOD is very back and forth between your garrison and the other points of interest on the World map. Most of these are covered by flight paths and your 2nd heartsone. Efectively retarding the freedom of movement a player has in general and reducing the time they spend in the World. Now we have an entire patch to get to know that feeling so the people who know this brings nothing new or interesting to the game can have that fact validated and the ones who think it's gonna blast them back to the good old times find out how wrong they are. I think going past that is pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barkloud View Post
    So immersing!!!
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    Soooo, it wasn't an mmo then for then past 8 years?
    It sure as hell didn't seem like it was since the group finder tech when it opened the flood gates of entitled casuals into the game where elements that were a staple for RPGs were seen as inconveniences.

Deleted
    First World Problems.

It sure as hell didn't seem like it was since the group finder tech when it opened the flood gates of entitled casuals into the game where elements that were a staple for RPGs were seen as inconveniences.
    And behind them a bunch of even more self entitled elitists or elitist wannabes trying to drive them out by begging Blizzard to remove whatever they enjoyed. But since the group finder was a huge hit. Turns out people don't pay to work hard they pay for entertainment and games are meant to entertain. Either way, when WoW loses it's casuals leaving behind the elitists then they lose too because Blizzard won't invest shit in a game that's not making them a lot of money. It's a shame those elitists are too stupid to tell.

Maybe they'll catch on when they are forced to play on some guy's private server having to submit to his rules and his idea of entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    No flying means:

1. everyone sits in town waiting for groups on LF(r/d/PVP)
    2. will only do the bare minimum out of town.
    3. Warlocks will be required for all world group content. No Warlock no World Boss.

As a warlock player, I will either set up a Taxi business, or stop playing Warlocks.
    Wait everyone does that already, even in Cataclysm with have group will travel people did that.

It was one of the reasons they removed the Guild Perk for Mass Rez.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Group finder was introduced in classic and then later taken out and reimplemented in Wrath with a better version of it. An MMORPG is just a game that has a lot of players, a persistent world, and role playing elements(leveling, lore, spells, etc...). So, I don't see how removing something I didn't mention is going to make the game something other than an MMO...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Perhaps you should speak for yourself. I for one will be entirely more compelled to leave the faction city.
    Since I'm on a PvE server and don't give a shit about WPvP, I will avoid tedious, boring and worn-out content by sticking to my Garrisons and Cities. The penalty of no-flight will make me leave the open world at max level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I'm not sure if you quoted right post - I was just trying to point out that Blizzard isn't doing this for WPvP.
    They aren't, they are trying to slow content consumption, all the other excuses are PR spin and double speak. This is all about the money.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly this. And the funny thing is there are so many reasons to get rid of flying.. The only reason people can come up with to keep flying is some variation of convenience and I don't see that being a good reason at all. If you like your MMOs convenient, find a different game to play. We all see what that kind of game design has done to WoW.
    We have explained to you many times that we like flying for more than convenience, yet you continue to belligerently post this tripe. Your inability to accept that other people enjoy different aspects of the game different than you is why you are frequently labeled as a forum troll. Stop being belligerent and obnoxious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now this would be awesom... annoying.

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/452

WoD is going to turn into a lobby game. So sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    WoD is going to turn into a lobby game. So sad.
    Menu game from Garrisons. Maybe they will release it for my iPhone? The rest will be queuing for content from the cities.

What the hell happened at Blizzard to cause this colossal train wreck?

Perhaps you should speak for yourself. I for one will be entirely more compelled to leave the faction city.
    I will not. This change will only keep people in the city. If you give people broken travel. They will not use it.

Main travel speed for expansion is going from 310% to 100%.

It is weird to think a 10 year old game, with a declining player base is nerfing there travel speed by 210%

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Menu game from Garrisons. Maybe they will release it for my iPhone? The rest will be queuing for content from the cities.

What the hell happened at Blizzard to cause this colossal train wreck?
    Its your own fault really. Being pouty and stubborn and saying things like "im just going to stay in my garrison and ignore the world because i cant fly". The world is still there. You would rather just be mad little kid instead.

Its your own fault really. Being pouty and stubborn and saying things like "im just going to stay in my garrison and ignore the world because i cant fly". The world is still there. You would rather just be mad little kid instead.
    The only one I see pouting is you by throwing insults at people.

After 7 years travel speed is nerfed by over 66% and you think people complaining is pouting? Come on. This is the single largest global nerf in the history of the game.