Possibly no flying throughout entire xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    So we finally have a San Fran fotage even though its just an interview with Furor, something came out from it :P

Near the end of the interview they hint at no flying throughout the entire xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by UPDATE
    Recent AMA from Reddit has Ion Hazzikostas answer a few of our questions. http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...developer_ama/ as well as the specific answer for flight and travels:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Overall, we’re happy with how ground travel in Draenor has played out thus far, and we’ve heard a lot of feedback to that effect as well, though we of course recognize that there are players who feel differently. We’ll have more to announce about our 6.1 patch plans in the very near future, but as the focus of our endgame outdoor content remains in the main Draenor zones, our reasons for disallowing flight in 6.0 continue to apply in 6.1. Whether you’re navigating your way to Orumo the Observer in Shattrath Rise, trying to reach a treasure cache atop a column in Spires, or working your way around the ledges encircling The Pit, you’re engaging in gameplay that simply would not exist in a world with unfettered flight. It was never our intent to make large-scale navigation of the world inconvenient, and in 6.1 we’re going to be improving our flight path system to always take the most direct route between two points, even if you have not discovered some of the intermediate nodes. Please keep the feedback coming – if you’re unhappy with the design, some of the most helpful feedback would be specific examples of situations or systems that feel frustrating without being able to fly in Draenor.
    (Source)
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-12-05 at 05:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make my flying only mounts be used as ground only mounts and i will be fine with it..what I'm most upset is that i cant use my favorite mounts that i put a LOT (years in some cases) of effort into...

Deleted
    Thumbs up.

I'm so happy! Best expansion ever!

Deleted
    Wouldn't mind to be honest. I play on a PvP realm so it just means there will be more action. :P

Oh joy, going afk on flight paths is so much fun and immersive.

Would be nice if you linked to a time...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wont sub then. For context, yes I played Vanilla. Yes, I rode throughout TBC. But those days are gone and if they disallow flying entirely, I'm done. Not so much because I couldn't live without it as because I don't like arbitrary restrictions like this. Every expansion they seem to get some asinine notion (no rep from dungeons, all rep from dailies was the MoP one) and instead of saying "does this make sense, is it good for the game" they impose something silly on the players. It would be especially hypocritical given that they have sold flying mounts for real money.

Oh and before anyone types the silly stock replies....

Yes, I know, it's their game, they can do what they want. So can I.

Yes, I know, I'd still be able to fly in the other parts of the world. This is irrelevant since anyone at 90+ will be spending the vast majority of their time in the new zones.
    Last edited by clevin; 2014-03-09 at 12:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And not a single fuck was given.

I would love there to be no flying for many reasons.

1. I love exploring games. in Skyrim I never used the mounts just walked.

2. I would love to see the butt hurt from people this bothers.

**not really many reasons***
    Last edited by Harry Botter; 2014-03-09 at 12:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

This is going to be up there with the STAR WARS NGE. As an avid gamer of 25+ years I hope that this is not true.

Wtf? If that's the case I'll be unsubbing, and I've been subbed since BC.

Obviously not just for this reason alone, but yeah. So far, 0 selling points in the next xpac for me, save character model updates.

To be fair, I'm going flightpath -> afk a lot more lately, simply because of the sheer boredom that is flying yourself. But yes, if they really think about that they better make all mounts usable in non-flight zones, and maybe add nicer ground riding animations for some of them.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Time to find something else to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think they should stick to no flying until first major patch. Like someone above has said, if my flight mounts can be used as ground I'll be happy. If not I'm gonna be pissed because I have a tonne of flight mounts I've worked for and would like to use.

Stood in the Fire Constellation's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Wtf? If that's the case I'll be unsubbing, and I've been subbed since BC.
    I'm sure blizzard will remember your greatness and miss you dearly.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Time to find something else to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    And not a single fuck was given.

I would love there to be no flying for many reasons.

1. I love exploring games. in Skyrim I never used the mounts just walked.

2. I would love to see the butt hurt from people this bothers.

**not really many reasons***
    1) And I'm sure you never fly now. Wait, you do? Then you're a fucking hypocrite. You can ride, hell you can WALK almost everywhere in WoW *today*. Unless you do, you're just mouthing off here.

Deleted
    I'm laughing at everyone who's saying they're unsubbing just because you won't be able to fly. Kind of hilarious

I personally love the idea of not being able to fly. The world feels so much bigger and scarier while not being able to fly!

Quote Originally Posted by Valock View Post
    I'm sure blizzard will remember your greatness and miss you dearly.
    I couldn't give a shit if Blizzard misses me or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Near the end of the interview they hint at no flying throughout the entire xpac.
    He said "at ship we wont allow players to fly at all" Which just means what they have been saying...no flying possibly until the 2nd patch.