Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    You mean like this one that 55% say flying should return at some point and 29% say you should never get flying?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...oll?p=28736179
    Did you really just use that as an example?

Selections 1 and 3 are the same.

I could link you another poll that gives a 60% result for "no flying until 6.1 or further" plus "no flying ever".

Polls on MMO are subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

@Bark

You seriously opened a poll about "nebulous variable mounts" and the majority of posters said they had one or would gladly buy one.

You goofy goober.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipperbane View Post
    Did you really just use that as an example?

Selections 1 and 3 are the same.

I could link you another poll that gives a 60% result for "no flying until 6.1 or further" plus "no flying ever".

Polls on MMO are subjective..
    He said every poll was massively in favor of no flight, he was wrong.

Do I think flying will return? I think it's "overwhelmingly" unlikely.

He said every poll was massively in favor of no flight, he was wrong.

Do I think flying will return? I think it's "overwhelmingly" unlikely.
    I know. And that's kind of a one-sided poll, given half the options are for the same result.

Technically, you could link a poll with, like

A) I want flying back.

B) Bananas.

And it'd be a pro-flying poll. You need some criteria, lol.

Deleted
    I am actually amazed this thread still exists, given that it devolved to a series of private duels of the "who can proof that the other guys opinion is wronger than my own opinion" sort.

Whatever you say, do or express here: Blizz set the course for this expansion. They made it clear that your posts are unlikely to change it. You simply will have to #dealwithit.

Why doesn't my Raven Lord fly? He's from Draenor.
    blizzard stupidity thats why. No good game reason as no flying at max level brings nothing to the game.

No, I'm not arguing any of my personal points. I'm attempting to counter yours.

My main reason to want to abolish flying? I was an explorer, long, long ago. And I guarantee you, one of the most exhilarating moments in my tenure playing WoW was getting into Ahn'qiraj before the wall came down. That was exploration. That was tight.

Now we just fly up a cliff. I guarantee you, flying up and landing on Neverest is nothing like climbing it on foot.

I also feel it makes the game too safe and diminishes content.
    So your reason for no flying is to get into areas blizzard doesn't want you in. wow thats an amazing reason to shit on 50% of players and how they like to play wow. A way of playing wow that we have had for longer then we have not.

If I wanted to climb on foot I would when I didn't need to be somewhat competitive. A shame you can't be bothered or more of a shame you think exploration can only be done on the ground.

Gameplay and story segregation. Gameplay-wise, flying is inherently damaging to the game. Storywise, we can probably fly pretty handily.
    If flying was somehow damaging to the game TBC and WoTLK would not have seen teh numbers they produced. It would be impossible given they had flying.

Flying at max level is not the problem. Poor content and quest design at this point in the game yea but not flying.

It doesn't have to make sense. It doesn't make sense that I can walk into Molten Core and literally one shot the elemental embodiment of fire, but there it is. Gameplay and story segregation.
    and yea game play wise and story, given the beta can easily support flying at max level since there is nothing there to prevent it. Not in story or game play. Just blatant lack of creative design and development on blizzard end for no more reason than to slow content consumption.

So all in all, not a great reason to have it removed from current content.

Those mobs don't cease to be worthless and the tasks don't stop being tedious, if you view them that way. Additionally, I have beta. I enjoy being grounded.
    Good for you, then click the ground mount button. You don't need to be fast, you're not in some competition and you seem to find some enjoyment out of it. I however do not. It makes mundane tasks worse, makes the tedious no longer worth doing.

Flying makes those mundane tasks and tedious en devours bearable. Otherwise, there is no real reason to bother with them.

No, it's not incorrect. "Not flying on Draenor will not change your experience because you've never been able to fly on Draenor." is factually accurate.
    Still incorrect. I've flown in WoD. I just didn't have control. I know what control is in flying at max level and its great. So my expereince is indeed changed and not fun with flying at max level removed.

Sweet. Hit me up.
    Like blizzard, you got to pay first, I'll get the details to you a couple months after I have your money.

People need to let go of the waterwings.
    We did. That was called leaving vanilla and moving into a more evolved travel system that keeps players in game VS going AFK on flight paths keeping those water wings on.

There is a warning. It's called the End User License Agreement. Online experience is subject to change.
    This is a warning. If you make dumb ass decisions based on no better reason than given, then my subscription will change as well as a continued negative presentation about said dumb ass change. If you take my cash you automatically agree to that stipulation.

Nor is there a decent reason to keep it besides "we've had it, why not keep it". That'd be like me having an illness for seven years and deciding not to get medication because I'm used to it.
    There is a great reason to keep it. The current travel in game is horrendous. Its years behind most other games and the change to removing flying at max level to slow content consumption brings nothing to the game. There is no added benefit in game play. It doesn't make anyone socialize more and it doesn't increase wPVP.

If game play is some overall design mantra, removing flying doesn't bring fun nor entertainment to the game.

Actually, it would be like you taking your meds for 7 years and being good to go but then deciding because you feel OK you'll stop taking them.

then having a psychotic break and wondering WTF happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    I am actually amazed this thread still exists, given that it devolved to a series of private duels of the "who can proof that the other guys opinion is wronger than my own opinion" sort.

Whatever you say, do or express here: Blizz set the course for this expansion. They made it clear that your posts are unlikely to change it. You simply will have to #dealwithit.

Actually, they said our feedback is exactly what would be the deciding factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post

You are correct, our posts are overwhelmingly unlikely to change it. But this is a forum about WoW and people will discuss aspects of the game they are interested in.

- - - Updated - - -

I know. And that's kind of a one-sided poll, given half the options are for the same result.

Technically, you could link a poll with, like

A) I want flying back.

B) Bananas.

And it'd be a pro-flying poll. You need some criteria, lol.
    Your example is way off from that poll and a poor characterisation.

Some people want flying, some don't.
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-08-29 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    Actually it's the opposite. Check Reddit, which has a large Wow community. In general, most are very happy about the game losing flying hopefully for good. Same in game, people don't care. "Snail speed mounts." Jeez, was that the best you could come up with? New Sims is out soon.

Regarding the amazing out of touch with reality leap you made in this sentence

"If only a small fragment of the playerbase that visits this particular forum has managed to post close to 18,000 times in this thread alone, what will happen when over 6 million discover flying is gone?"

Evey poll attempted (on here) qua fly vs not, has always resulted in massive favour of those against it every coming back. And it's more in favour of not in other places. So check your facts before posting this.

As many always point out, this forum is full of whiners and wow defenders, which is what you would expect for a wow site, which is what it is. So take that with a grain of salt, which means you can take everything I have said with a grain of salt, but most of the things you posted were completely fabricated.
    WOW's Reddit community are die hard WOW fans. So is MMO Champion. That being said, those people who play the game the most will probably like the feel of running instead of flying. i am not talking about these players.

I am talking about my favorite segment of the population base. I am talking about the above average casual player. When the people that play 15+ hours a week, but do little other than dailies, dungeons, crafting, light PVP and LFR, discovers flying is gone they are going to shit bricks, concrete bricks, large concrete "abrasive rough around the edges" bricks.

I am willing to bet there are more 15+ hour a week LFR heroes than actual dedicated raiders in this game.

THose are going to be the peeps to freak out and start hitting the forums hard. Those people are not currently on these forums so much.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    blizzard stupidity thats why. No good game reason as no flying at max level brings nothing to the game.
    Max level flying brings nothing either, really. There's no good GAME reason for flying. Brushing personal opinions aside, flying in Draenor is unnecessary. It was designed without flying in mind.

So your reason for no flying is to get into areas blizzard doesn't want you in. wow thats an amazing reason to shit on 50% of players and how they like to play wow. A way of playing wow that we have had for longer then we have not.

If I wanted to climb on foot I would when I didn't need to be somewhat competitive. A shame you can't be bothered or more of a shame you think exploration can only be done on the ground.
    My reason for no flying is because it's more enjoyable to explore if getting there was hard. You'll note I included Neverest in that list.

Also, calm down. No one's defecating on anyone. We just want the game to be a game again, not a flight simulator.

If flying was somehow damaging to the game TBC and WoTLK would not have seen teh numbers they produced. It would be impossible given they had flying.

Flying at max level is not the problem. Poor content and quest design at this point in the game yea but not flying.
    Correlation does not equal causation. Flying may or may not be the reason TBC/WotLK had population growth. Maybe it was because Illidan and Lich King were the enemies. Who knows.

and yea game play wise and story, given the beta can easily support flying at max level since there is nothing there to prevent it. Not in story or game play. Just blatant lack of creative design and development on blizzard end for no more reason than to slow content consumption.

So all in all, not a great reason to have it removed from current content.
    Not a great reason to keep it, aside from "Zoom zoom, I wanna go fast" and "I can't be asked to go about it on the ground".

Good for you, then click the ground mount button. You don't need to be fast, you're not in some competition and you seem to find some enjoyment out of it. I however do not. It makes mundane tasks worse, makes the tedious no longer worth doing.

Flying makes those mundane tasks and tedious en devours bearable. Otherwise, there is no real reason to bother with them.
    Nor are you in a competition. I shouldn't need to quote you twice, but here "If I wanted to climb on foot I would when I didn't need to be somewhat competitive."

Still incorrect. I've flown in WoD. I just didn't have control. I know what control is in flying at max level and its great. So my expereince is indeed changed and not fun with flying at max level removed.
    Flight Paths =/= Flight. And it's not that great. Not for nothing, but I guarantee you a goodly 50% or so of people clamoring for flight are the type of people who use flight to AFK in the air, or to sit about their farm of Shrine. You are a minority within a minority. If you use it to explore, if you use it to see hidden places, good on you. But if you use it to skip content, or to idle in midair, or to avoid ganks or to gank, than fie on you, sir. That's not good.

Who am I to say whether your way of playing is good or bad? I just am, yo. Hnnnng.

Like blizzard, you got to pay first, I'll get the details to you a couple months after I have your money.
    Preordering is your own fault. The game is in beta, and as has been said constantly, beta is subject to change. You can't complain when something changes because it warns you upfront that it will probably do that.

We did. That was called leaving vanilla and moving into a more evolved travel system that keeps players in game VS going AFK on flight paths keeping those water wings on.
    Going AFK in midair, pointed in the direction you want to go with autorun on is just as much a problem as what you describe.

This is a warning. If you make dumb ass decisions based on no better reason than given, then my subscription will change as well as a continued negative presentation about said dumb ass change. If you take my cash you automatically agree to that stipulation.
    I think the game might be better off without people who, when confronted with change, scream out "CHANGE IT BACK OR I QUIT". You're ransoming your sub, and that's childish. Grow up.

There is a great reason to keep it. The current travel in game is horrendous. Its years behind most other games and the change to removing flying at max level to slow content consumption brings nothing to the game. There is no added benefit in game play. It doesn't make anyone socialize more and it doesn't increase wPVP.

If game play is some overall design mantra, removing flying doesn't bring fun nor entertainment to the game.

Actually, it would be like you taking your meds for 7 years and being good to go but then deciding because you feel OK you'll stop taking them.

then having a psychotic break and wondering WTF happened.
    I think consuming content too fast is bad. This isn't an unpopular opinion.

It actually will increase World PvP, and will increase socializing. Instead of people divebombing named mobs, they need to fight to them. Instead of people divebombing lower levels and then flying away before help can arrive, they need to carefully select their targets.

Keeping flying does not bring fun or entertainment to the game.

Flying is merely a way to get from Point A to Point B. I derive no joy from flying. Flying to me is merely a convenient way to avoid content to get to other content. It's lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Aren't I still waiting for some answers to questions from you?

That seems to be the best way to stop you from posting. Simply ask you a question and you disappear for awhile.

Lets try another question:

Do you believe the "no flying" change to in-game transportation will decrease the speed in which the average player consumes content?
    Who would have known that I answered your question and you ignored it like usual. That's why I disregard so much of what you say. Along with the fact that about everything you say made up and delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Who would have known that I answered your question and you ignored it like usual. That's why I disregard so much of what you say. Along with the fact that about everything you say made up and delusional.
    Working..... Forums will have to wait. Trust me, I will get to it.

At this point I think all pro-flyers want is to take FABULOUS vista screenshots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if this has come up before, what if Blizzard lowered the speed of flying to a sole 100% speed like a ground mount's speed. When flying is unlocked in 6.X.

How would people feel about this? It is the same speed as a Ground Mount, but you can still fly.

It technically wouldn't be faster, but will allow those stuck on time to have their flying.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2014-08-29 at 06:56 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    I'm not sure if this has come up before, what if Blizzard lowered the speed of flying to a sole 100% speed like a ground mount's speed. When flying is unlocked in 6.X.

How would people feel about this? It is the same speed as a Ground Mount, but you can still fly.

It technically wouldn't be faster, but will allow those stuck on time to have their flying.
    Fuck! It'd be better than a blanket removal!

Deleted

The worst of both worlds. The speed is not the problem, I'm all for 250% ground mounts. Avoiding terrain is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    The worst of both worlds. The speed is not the problem, I'm all for 250% ground mounts. Avoiding terrain is the problem.
    You can still entirely avoid terrain once you hit Max level. Queue craft....... never need to see the over world again if one so chooses!

This change is some attempt to slow players down and on the flip side to try and force some game play style upon players. Its nothing more than that. Personally I won't give two shits for the most part. Only my professions will suffer, a little at least as I wont be as efficient gathering my materials.

The flying is great as it is. I want to spend my time PLAYING the game, not traveling through the game. When I played Skyrim, I just had to click on the fucking map. When I played GW, I just had to click on the fucking map. Those are not piece of shit games, both were praised to the fuck and back. Why should I have to crawl in WoW? Oh wait, because there's a monthly subscription and they can't keep up with the content as soon as the players consume it...

Of course I agree to remove flying, fuck flying. But then add portals EVERYWHERE, FOR FREE... Then they can do the retarded jumping puzzles I don't give a fuck about, and the world PvP maniacs will have their sheep to slaughter...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer it to be slower than ground mount, since it grants the ability to ignore terrain and obstacles.

Maybe 60%, like the slower one used to be, hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Max level flying brings nothing either, really. There's no good GAME reason for flying. Brushing personal opinions aside, flying in Draenor is unnecessary. It was designed without flying in mind.
    Wrong! The keyword here is "GAME". We play "games" for fun. For many of us flying is fun. Max level flying adds for fun to the "GAME" for many of us.

My reason for no flying is because it's more enjoyable to explore if getting there was hard. You'll note I included Neverest in that list.

Also, calm down. No one's defecating on anyone. We just want the game to be a game again, not a flight simulator.
    If you enjoy exploring on the ground, go right ahead, others might enjoy the game a different way they you. Your method of game play is not the only way to enjoy the game.

Flight Paths =/= Flight.
    Similar, but not the same. Both let you fly over content you want to skip. Flight taxis are a force AFK where you can't interact with anything in the world. With a personal flying mount you can choose to swoop down and interact with anything of interest at any time. I prefer interaction with the world instead of staring a screen I can do nothing with.

Who am I to say whether your way of playing is good or bad? I just am, yo. Hnnnng.
    Very narrow minded. Not everyone enjoys the same aspects of the game and that's fine.

Going AFK in midair, pointed in the direction you want to go with autorun on is just as much a problem as what you describe.
    I never, ever fly this way.

I think the game might be better off without people who, when confronted with change, scream out "CHANGE IT BACK OR I QUIT". You're ransoming your sub, and that's childish. Grow up.
    Not sure you are aware of this or not, but this is a fan site for WoW. This forum is setup to discuss the game. The game would not be better off by getting rid of people that don't want to play the game your way. Grow up!

Blizzard has the difficult job of pacing content consumption. Adding AFK travel time is in my opinion a very poor way of doing this.

It actually will increase World PvP, and will increase socializing. Instead of people divebombing named mobs, they need to fight to them. Instead of people divebombing lower levels and then flying away before help can arrive, they need to carefully select their targets.
    WRONG! Removing flying will not increase WPvP on my PvE server.

This is an opinion, your personal one and I don't agree with you. Flying does bring fun and entertainment to the game to many of us. AGAIN, not everyone enjoys the same aspects of the game.

Flying is merely a way to get from Point A to Point B. I derive no joy from flying. Flying to me is merely a convenient way to avoid content to get to other content. It's lazy.
    It's fine that you "derive no joy from flying". But you don't speak for everyone and certainly not me. It is not lazy. I play the game for fun, not for boring and tedious. You do not speak for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Similar, but not the same. Both let you fly over content you want to skip. Flight taxis are a force AFK where you can't interact with anything in the world. With a personal flying mount you can choose to swoop down and interact with anything of interest at any time. I prefer interaction with the world instead of staring a screen I can do nothing with.
    Flight paths still force you to go through the content after landing to spot X (flight master), instead of flying over it.

Designed without flying and yet at max level it brings a lot of convenience in travel and helps make already tedious tasks a lot more bearable.

That alone is a lot. Not to mention just the fact that after 10 levels and seeing the same worthless mobs oave and over, flying is a God send in a theme park game to get you to where you want to go sooner. Not later. Lets get to the fun not hinder gamers ability to get there.

Then do it. Don't remove flying because you can't be bothered to do what you find enjoyable. Best of both worlds is the way to proceed, not limit half the player base and push it all to one side.

No ones angry, except maybe you. Everyone wants to game to be fun to them. It's a shame you can't support your fun and also support others fun when they can be done separately,entirely independent of each other from botha degin aspect of the game as well as what gamers find fun.

I also want the game to be a game. IT's been a game for 7+ years. Kinda sucks blizzard wants to turn it on it's ear just to slow content consumption.

Correlation does not equal causation. Flying may or may not be the reason TBC/WotLK had population growth. Maybe it was because Illidan and Lich King were the enemies. Who knows.
    Maybe it was story and content design and flying. The entire package was good. After seeing beta I can't say the same for WoD but what we do know is flying didn't hurt those past expansions and clearly helped them. Cause and affect. Produce a good feature that makes your game stand out from all the rest. It tends to generate subs. Remove that feature after 7 years it stands to reason that removing gamers entertainment is a bad thing.

Not a great reason to keep it, aside from "Zoom zoom, I wanna go fast" and "I can't be asked to go about it on the ground".
    Its a better reason to keep it than, "Lets see how much time we can waste at max level." and "I'd like to see those worthless mobs again and again."

Nor are you in a competition. I shouldn't need to quote you twice, but here "If I wanted to climb on foot I would when I didn't need to be somewhat competitive."
    And you are ultimately right. Kinda makes sense to keep flying when no one is really in a competition and should be making their travel decisions on what they find fun. To bad gamers like you can't seem to do that as we would all be better off if you could.

Flight Paths =/= Flight. And it's not that great. Not for nothing, but I guarantee you a goodly 50% or so of people clamoring for flight are the type of people who use flight to AFK in the air, or to sit about their farm of Shrine. You are a minority within a minority. If you use it to explore, if you use it to see hidden places, good on you. But if you use it to skip content, or to idle in midair, or to avoid ganks or to gank, than fie on you, sir. That's not good.
    Flight Paths =/= Flight = No shit! Thats why few care for them. There not even remotely equal and personal flight is much better. IT at least keep gamers in the game. If you want to run the risk of coming back dead thats on the gamer. Just like choosing to fly or stay on the ground should be a gamer choice at max level as it has been in every expansion this game has ever had

If you're going to argue flying needs to go because you can skip content you got a lot more things to add to your list. It' s almost like your saying skipping content is fine no matter how you do it as long as you don't do it flying. Which is monumentally ignorant.

Give it a shot, take a stance. At least your not riding the fence I'll give you that. Beyond that, click the other button if you don't mind and leave flying at max level in game. Choices are always better in MMO's.

Preordering is your own fault. The game is in beta, and as has been said constantly, beta is subject to change. You can't complain when something changes because it warns you upfront that it will probably do that.
    My ironman helm is also in beta but I still need your cash first. Things may or may not change, no one knows but cash first please. Your choice. Don't you love choices?

G
    oing AFK in midair, pointed in the direction you want to go with autorun on is just as much a problem as what you describe.
    It's up to the gamer how he wants to die but at least he has the option to stay in game and fly himself or fly tp whatever he sees as interesting. Can't really do that with AFK-autopiolet flight paths.

Maybe, it's clearly better off with the loss of more gamers. It's clearly better off with less options than more. WoD is clearly better off with so much design based on "same old, same old".

Very dimwitted to think at this point in the game removing flying at max level vs keeping both options there is somehow better cause given the beta at max level. It really not.

I disagree. It's ultimately up to the gamer. You want to make content last longer, design better content. Flying in and of itself isn't the problem there, it's blizzard making content that simply doesn't last. Flying has little or nothing to do with that other than getting gamers to where the fun is sooner. That is not a bad thing.

It actually will increase World PvP
    It hasn't in beta and given the WPVP gives no rewards in a reward based game and blizzard clearly saying this is not done because of WPVP (because even they know this change wont make much a difference) You'll see no real increase to WPVP.

and will increase socializing.
    Not likely, you will be ignored just as you are now. When there is no reason for anyoe to care wether your are there or not, no one will care if you are there or not. Socialization on open world content didn't increase in WOD beta beyond they normal general chat, "I can't find so and so." I can't recall anytime I say someone say, "I can't do this, come and help me."

Instead of people divebombing named mobs, they need to fight to them.
    If you want to get credit you have to fight any mob. How you got there means little in the grand scheme of the game. Better to have games get there than to miss out cause they were on a slow ground mount.

Instead of people divebombing lower levels and then flying away before help can arrive, they need to carefully select their targets.
    If you think no flying is going to somehow stop ganking you got another thing coming. If you think no flying is somehow going to magically get help there faster you got another thing coming. If your always ganking low levels, you are not carefully picking out targets.

You want to stop diveboming of quests, design better quests. Stop having mobs stand out in the middle of no where waiting to be stealth killed or divebombed.

It's called poor quest design and is not a problem with flying.

TBC says differently. We ran on the ground for so long flying was the most request feature ever beside maybe duel spec or the dance studio.

Guess what we got first? Flying. It's just that fun and amazing. Go check out TBC blizzcon clip if you don't believe me.

Then I suggest you don't fly but I also suggest you don't ruin it for others simply because you can't be bothered to click the other button.

Like I said, if your problem with flying is because you can skip things, you got a lot more things to start arguing for the removal of than just flying.

-----------------------------

I think gamers would be OK with that. A tweaking of flying vs wholesale removal in the current content that they also ask you to pay more for....

It's such bad design and development with just it's removal, it's a little hard to swallow. Especially given the reasons they posted for doing it. Some of the worst reasoning I've ever read.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-08-29 at 01:16 PM.