Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    The fact that they are going to reduce the length of flight points again (which are already really short, 4 mins from one end of Draenor to the other) pretty much confirms no-flying for the rest of the expansion, in my opinion.

There's absolutely no need for flying in this expansion. The only thing it provides is a little convenience for the truly lazy among us.
    From the sound of this, there will not be flight throughout the expansion.

Flying would be nice. Why not take away ground mounts as well? You know, since it provides a little convenience for the truly lazy among us.

Make you go to a stablemaster to get a one way ride to someplace else, or walk.
    Last edited by Amonthar; 2014-12-22 at 03:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly no flying throughout entire xpac.
    No problems here. Timeless Isle was one of my favorite places for this reason. Kinda cool to announce a rare and then sit and wait until people start showing up, rather than it get swarmed all over within seconds from all the flyers. Or B, watching one guy show up and pulling it and (usually) killing it before everyone else shows up, leading to lots of hate afterwards (I don't condone this, but still funny to watch).

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    "Mom...dad...I have some bad news..."
    LOL that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    It's already been discussed with you that instead of people shitting up forums with multiple threads they do what MMO-Champ does and consolidate it if there are already existing threads. I know you personally have a habit of creating multiple threads on the same topic but on both MMO-Champ and official WoW forums it's not a good posting habit to have.

As for "At least we know that blizzard knows most people want flight. This is evident in most threads, even this one." It's kinda sickening when people know they're telling lies but continue to do it. Please don't. That sort of fallacy totally goes against the "Greedy Bli$$ard" notion and surely they'd want to retain as many customers as possible.

So what's it going to be? Are they cutting costs or losing tonnes of money because the "majority" want flight and are leaving?
    I would love for blizzard to allow a mega thread like this one. If they allowed it, it would be there.

Blizzard is not allowing any threads about flight positive or negative.

Blizzard forums allow up voting and down voting. Pro flight threads get tons of up votes while no flying posts get tons of down votes.

You should try to read a flying thread while it is still live. Look how bright the pro flying posts are and how dark the no flying posts are.

My opinions are based on what I see. If blizzard felt people supported no flight they would allow posts, which they do not.

Why can't you just be Happy you do not have flight and play instead of telling people they are liars on this thread. I do try to post links showing what I am saying. It is not my fault blizzard keeps deleting them

At least MMO champ allows it to be discussed.

Out of curiosity, how are people supposed to tell blizzard their opinions on flight?

I almost forgot to answer your question. I think the no flying part will be a slow rot that gets faster and faster for blizz. At first I did not mind no flying. As I have gotten further along in the expansion I now dread how slow it is. gutting the speed of your gameplay and slowing it down to a crawl after 8 years is strange. It just feeLs strange. Even weirder with the world empty.
    Last edited by Barkloud; 2014-12-22 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    tldr version: Flight let's me control exactly when and where I will fight and enables me to skip all the content I deem beneath me.
    You pretty much summed up exactly why the devs chose to leave flight out of draenor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I would love for blizzard to allow a mega thread like this one. If they allowed it, it would be there.

Blizzard forums allow up voting and down voting. Pro flight threads get tons of up votes while no flying posts get tons of down votes.

You should try to read a flying thread while it is still live. Look how bright the pro flying posts are and how dark the no flying posts are.

My opinions are based on what I see. If blizzard felt people supported no flight they would allow posts, which they do not.

Why can't you just be Happy you do not have flight and play instead of telling people they are liars on this thread. I do try to post links showing what I am saying. It is not my fault blizzard keeps deleting them

Out of curiosity, how are people supposed to tell blizzard their opinions on flight?

I almost forgot to answer your question. I think the no flying part will be a slow rot that gets faster and faster for blizz. At first I did not mind no flying. As I have gotten further along in the expansion I now dread how slow it is. gutting the speed of your gameplay and slowing it down to a crawl after 8 years is strange. It just feeLs strange. Even weirder with the world empty.
    You're right, every flying post has been deleted. Oh wait...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15539104326?page=1

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15537124470?page=1

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15537133899?page=1

The idea that people who don't like not having flying in Draenor aren't being heard is laughable. What's not happening is blizzard is not letting a very small, but rabid/vocal minority spam the forums with hundreds of topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Yeah I have yet to get that quest from my INN. Damn RNG

Even at that though only one of my toons would have it.
    I still don't have Millhouse

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There are no jumping puzzles in wow. Only garrison.
    Just yesterday I was doing a jumping puzzle to get at a secret halfway up a waterfall in SMV. I remember another one to get to the elite in Socrethar's Rise. Several "hidden path" climbs up the mountains in Spires. There's a way to get on top of two of the giant skeletons in Frostfire for more treasures. Several treasures are on top of mushrooms. Not to mention all the climbing and gliding in Nagrand (a LOT of those).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CottonBall View Post
    I just found out. No flying in 6.1. Calling up friends and family. No need to get me WoD for this holiday season. WoW has been fun but I think its time for me to stop hoping.
    LOL you're actually not subbing until flying is in?

Your loss :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

ITS STILL GOING?! WTF!!!

Flying is out of the books, their minds are set. Either Un-sub or get over it.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-12-22 at 09:41 AM.

I don't care for their minds. I'm paying for the show and expect them to satisfy me. If they think they can screw their clients for a half of decade and expect us to be silent, well they're wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I don't care for their minds. I'm paying for the show and expect them to satisfy me. If they think they can screw their clients for a half of decade and expect us to be silent, well they're wrong.
    Who is "their clients".
    Who is "us".
    How does that differ from "their other clients".
    How does that differ from "them".

- - - Updated - - -

First thread on US forums. 20 pages. Last post made 40s ago on time of printscreen.

So yeah, about that whole:

Why can't you just be Happy you do not have flight and play instead of telling people they are liars on this thread.
    thing? I do it for very legit reasons. I'm neither pro nor anti flying. What I cannot stand is people being deliberately dishonest and deceitful in an attempt to sway or convince people. Sickening.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2014-12-22 at 08:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.

The entire backlash forum-wise is a stubborn vote-brigade that votes every post depending on their stance, not by the quality of the post, on page 1-2 of threads then disappears.

I see flight threads here and there, in the sea of typical General threads. But oh I guess they are just deleting 99% of them. Conspiring to hide the true surge of the riots. Just drop it. Controversial topics are heavily moderated but there's nowhere near the amount of censor you want to believe there is. You want an actual example of a change that sparked the majority's despise, it was the planned Real Name on forums. THAT was something they couldn't keep down. Considering how high-profile the removal of flight is I expected a lot worse.

That even people on the official forums are calling out that they keep seeing the same people in every flight-thread, is just hilarious. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

But yes I agree, I'd like to see a flight megathread over there as well. Then it'd be just like this one, with one little core group from each side bickering to infinity while everyone else scratches their heads and asks "IS THIS STILL GOING ON? WHAT?!"
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2014-12-22 at 09:45 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Blizzard simply does not have the resources to implement flying, so they gave you a lame excuse about immersion.

People are so immersed in the world content that they will not leave their garrisons.

No flying = some of the worst immersion ever, but enjoy your world PvP....lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiderivative View Post
    Blizzard simply does not have the resources to implement flying.
    Yes they do. This isn't even a point that's argued. It's more about their choice to implement it or not.

Yes they do. This isn't even a point that's argued. It's more about their choice to implement it or not.
    Yes, they do have the resources, but is it cost effective?

They just produced an expansion with the least amount of content to date. Do you think they have the resources left over to implement flying?

If they have the resources, then why not implement it.....oh wait, immersion....lol.

Deleted
    Yes, they do have the resources
    Do you think they have the resources left over to implement flying?
    Am i talking to two separate individuals here?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Just yesterday I was doing a jumping puzzle to get at a secret halfway up a waterfall in SMV. I remember another one to get to the elite in Socrethar's Rise. Several "hidden path" climbs up the mountains in Spires. There's a way to get on top of two of the giant skeletons in Frostfire for more treasures. Several treasures are on top of mushrooms. Not to mention all the climbing and gliding in Nagrand (a LOT of those).
    I cannot find all those locations you mentioned. My garrison seems to be lacking them - maybe they are alliance only?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I cannot find all those locations you mentioned. My garrison seems to be lacking them - maybe they are alliance only?
    Your unwillingness to actually go outside your garrison doesn't magically mean they don't exist. If you want to argue like a normal person then stop being dishonest for the sake of it.

Am i talking to two separate individuals here?
    Obviously, you don't understand the language of cost effective.

Do you not understand or did you intentionally gloss over that part?

Deleted
    Obviously, you don't understand the language of cost effective.

Do you not understand or did you intentionally gloss over that part?
    Explain how it would be cost effective or cost inefficient. I'm interested to hear this insider information you're about to relay.

Explain how it would be cost effective or cost inefficient. I'm interested to hear this insider information you're about to relay.
    I already told you. Given this expansions lack of content, they needed to cut back on costs. And flying was one of them, or do you really believe this whole "immersion" theory.

Now tell me why there is no flying. What is your theory?

Deleted
    I already told you. Given this expansions lack of content, they needed to cut back on costs. And flying was one of them, or do you really believe this whole "immersion" theory.
    With the existence of Aviana's Feather and a shaman's Far Sight, which for all intents and purposes provide exactly the same visual aspects (just with limited control), please explain how the removal of flying is cutting back on costs.

Now tell me why there is no flying. What is your theory?
    There's no flying because they don't want flying.