1. #41701
    Over 9000! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    9,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    By why does flying have to wait? Why is it's reinstatement hinged on open world content being a thing?
    Simple: right now the community is still split 50/50 on the no fly thing.
    So whatever they decide, it doesn't matter.

    They need to shift that into one direction to get a clear picture.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  2. #41702
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Simple: right now the community is still split 50/50 on the no fly thing.
    So whatever they decide, it doesn't matter.

    They need to shift that into one direction to get a clear picture.
    Except, it's not. The official forums basically show a landslide victory for pro flight in any and every thread with anyone being anti flight getting possibly hundreds of down votes in short order. You take MMO-Champion, one of the sides filled to the brim with Blizzard fanboys and white knights that barely breaks even, a side that defends 14 months of SoO as a "good thing" and even now tries to sell you WoD as the best thing since sliced bread and merely "underappreciated" and proclaim that a poll on such a side somehow means an even split in the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    That's such a terrible way of going about it that I am now 100% positive someone somewhere at Blizz HQ is working on it right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    A sad day in America. Tumblr has finally infiltrated the government and instituted true racism. Perhaps future generations will look back and realize that this is the day that set everything in motion; this is the day that led to white extinction.

  3. #41703
    Over 9000! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    9,154
    Well I can't participate in the official forums, so I don't really follow them at all.
    Interesting to see that it changed though.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  4. #41704
    Yeah, used to be more anti flight on the EU forums and pro flight on the US all along. By now the EU forums have turned around quite a bit, hell even a lot of streamers/youtubers who were initially in favour of no flight or thought we should give it a chance have backed away from it. Most of the people who still support it don't do so because they really think it's positive for the game, their arguments alone "why should we have it" nowadays show that much but merely support it because it's a Blizzard decision. I.e they'd support pretty much anything Blizzard would do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    That's such a terrible way of going about it that I am now 100% positive someone somewhere at Blizz HQ is working on it right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    A sad day in America. Tumblr has finally infiltrated the government and instituted true racism. Perhaps future generations will look back and realize that this is the day that set everything in motion; this is the day that led to white extinction.

  5. #41705
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    B/c there is hardly any reason to leave your Garrison anyway.
    I would honestly do archaeology if I could fly. Since it so damn boring with a ground mount. Having to go around a hill 5 times is not fun or fine.

    Ironically I would do archaeology to have pretty things to look at while sitting in my garrison.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Yeah, used to be more anti flight on the EU forums and pro flight on the US all along. By now the EU forums have turned around quite a bit, hell even a lot of streamers/youtubers who were initially in favour of no flight or thought we should give it a chance have backed away from it. Most of the people who still support it don't do so because they really think it's positive for the game, their arguments alone "why should we have it" nowadays show that much but merely support it because it's a Blizzard decision. I.e they'd support pretty much anything Blizzard would do.
    I don't think it's even about that, I think some people are so shitty that they actually enjoy the frustration and annoyance no flying is still causing.

  6. #41706
    Over 9000! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    9,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    I would honestly do archaeology if I could fly.
    I've yet to do arch for the title in pandaria.
    Problem is the process of arch is so... sooo unfun... even more unfun than petbattles.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  7. #41707
    Bloodsail Admiral Turbotef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    I would honestly do archaeology if I could fly. Since it so damn boring with a ground mount. Having to go around a hill 5 times is not fun or fine.

    Ironically I would do archaeology to have pretty things to look at while sitting in my garrison.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I don't think it's even about that, I think some people are so shitty that they actually enjoy the frustration and annoyance no flying is still causing.
    Its funny because its true. Most WoW players are pretty damn terrible at MMOs and videogames in general. The amount of terrible players I've met in game over 10 years was staggering. Clickers, clickers everywhere!
    Meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow!

  8. #41708
    Over 9000! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    9,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Its funny because its true. Most WoW players are pretty damn terrible at MMOs and videogames in general. The amount of terrible players I've met in game over 10 years was staggering. Clickers, clickers everywhere!
    Just because my aiming sucks and I get killed by novice bots in UT doesn't give you the right to make fun of me! :<

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  9. #41709
    Bloodsail Admiral Turbotef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Just because my aiming sucks and I get killed by novice bots in UT doesn't give you the right to make fun of me! :<
    Wasn't pointing fingers here or at you! :P Plus UT is a different story altogether!
    Meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow!

  10. #41710
    The change of attitude by EU players and EU streamers was eye opening. I have a theory why a lot of the EU players were okay with no flying when first announced aka spending more time traveling. If you are in a colder climate you are more likely to spend more time in game during the winter as you are indoors anyways.

    This explains why a lot of players from the Scandinavian countries or northern part of North America are very supportive of no flying idea. However, players that play in warmer climates during the winter or even south of the hemisphere during the northern hemisphere's winter don't see the addition time used traveling around as worthwhile.

    No flying isn't going to hold the mustered with the coming summer for the northern hemisphere. Just my prediction.
    Flying mounts have always been optional. Garrisons are not optional.

  11. #41711
    Elemental Lord Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    8,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Except, it's not. The official forums basically show a landslide victory for pro flight
    It's called the whining minority, people that are happy with how it is are less likely to participate in such threads.

  12. #41712
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The change of attitude by EU players and EU streamers was eye opening. I have a theory why a lot of the EU players were okay with no flying when first announced aka spending more time traveling. If you are in a colder climate you are more likely to spend more time in game during the winter as you are indoors anyways.

    This explains why a lot of players from the Scandinavian countries or northern part of North America are very supportive of no flying idea. However, players that play in warmer climates during the winter or even south of the hemisphere during the northern hemisphere's winter don't see the addition time used traveling around as worthwhile.

    No flying isn't going to hold the mustered with the coming summer for the northern hemisphere. Just my prediction.
    Actually it's more simple than that. The EU players are dumber. And I'm saying that as an EU player. If they were unable to foresee this happening, even if what's happening now was predicted by anyone with a rational mind, then the conclusion is they are dumb. And they are.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    It's called the whining minority, people that are happy with how it is are less likely to participate in such threads.
    Kind of like the anti-flying crowd was before WOD.

  13. #41713
    No flight was one of the few things I enjoy about WoD, going forward I think they should have given a mage tower to every garrison and not made it a choice.

  14. #41714
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    It's called the whining minority, people that are happy with how it is are less likely to participate in such threads.
    The squeaky wheel is the one that gets the grease.

    There is a reason why Rogues don't receive changes to make the class more fun. Not enough people voicing feedback. Lets compare that to Rets and Hunters which these respective communities posted constant feedback in WotLK and Cata.

    Reality is constant feedback is what Blizzard wants. That is why flying threads will continue popping up on the official forums. The CRZ threads were very polarizing as well but most people adapted with CRZ.

    It is hard to adapt with no flying mounts as that is a global nerf you are reminded of every time you step out of your garrison.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Actually it's more simple than that. The EU players are dumber. And I'm saying that as an EU player. If they were unable to foresee this happening, even if what's happening now was predicted by anyone with a rational mind, then the conclusion is they are dumb. And they are.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Kind of like the anti-flying crowd was before WOD.
    I disagree that EU players lack intelligence. The WoD beta showed that lack of flying wasn't something people were enthusiastic about as the world was dead and that was in the middle of the summer.

    All indications show 6.2 is launching in the summer and it isn't going to bring more content that people find relevant. More raid content? The problem is that we are over saturated with raid content currently. Piling on is going to add to burnout and fatigue of the already stretched guilds scrambling to fill out rosters for 20 man raiding.

    No flying can't work with the backbone of WoW and how it is designed. You would have to strip out the archaic flight path system and change everything to make a dynamic world like Rift, Guild Wars, etc.
    Flying mounts have always been optional. Garrisons are not optional.

  15. #41715
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yeah, we heard.

    This amounted to a few jumping puzzles in 6.0 + 6.1 and it seems this amounts to nothing in 6.2, just in case.

    I suppose we should wait for 6.3, right?
    I'll grace you with an answer that is as dumb as your logic: If you like flying that much, there are 4 whole expansions (including the old world) for you to fly in as much as you want.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •