Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Anyone else get a random major headache?

I get one alot even have one atm and its annoying >.>
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I have never had a headache, ever.

However, if you are getting major headaches all the time, I would highly recommend seeing a doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Only sometimes when I use my glasses too long. Or my friend when he takes his glasses/contacts off.

Otherwise I might have to diagnose you with the C word as the doctor of this forum.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, what's your diet like?

Do you consume much caffeine?

How old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I used to periodically get migraines, but I started taking ibuprofen the moment I even feel a headache beginning to form, so I stopped getting them.
    If that worked for you, awesome.

I used to get a "feeling" I can't fully describe. It hit both behind my eyes and in my stomach. I knew as soon as I had that feeling, I had about an hour to get somewhere quiet and dark. Once the full thing hit, I got sensory transposition, seeing sound, hearing light. Massive nausea. This would last a few hours.

Fortunately, it just stopped in my late 20's.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't have any kind of headaches, really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    I get one alot even have one atm and its annoying >.>
    Are we talking about a headache or a migraine...if the latter go visit a doctor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    If that worked for you, awesome.

I used to get a "feeling" I can't fully describe. It hit both behind my eyes and in my stomach. I knew as soon as I had that feeling, I had about an hour to get somewhere quiet and dark. Once the full thing hit, I got sensory transposition, seeing sound, hearing light. Massive nausea. This would last a few hours.

Fortunately, it just stopped in my late 20's.
    Where the fuck have you been, Daredevil!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Where the fuck have you been, Daredevil!
    When I had that superpower? Hiding in a dark room under a blanket with the blinds closed, trying to will myself to sleep. That superpower sucks...

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    OP, what's your diet like?

Do you consume much caffeine?

How old are you?
    Dont really have a diet i eat whatever XD
    Nope mostly tea
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted

Brain cancer consult a mortician.

Or a doctor probably a doctor ya go with that...
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Sure it's not migrains? I've had them since i was ~8 years old, and i can have them up to 4times a week. but that is so fucking awefull that i just want to bang my head in.. Ice-bag and sleep only thing that works.

Maybe you should find out if it is. I have tried most things by doctor suggestion, (glasses, blood pressure medication, massages) etc, and brain scans. They have no idea what is causeing it. I know that blood pressure meds helps some people with headaches though.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    Sure it's not migrains? I've had them since i was ~8 years old, and i can have them up to 4times a week. but that is so fucking awefull that i just want to bang my head in.. Ice-bag and sleep only thing that works.

Maybe you should find out if it is. I have tried most things by doctor suggestion, (glasses, blood pressure medication, massages) etc, and brain scans. They have no idea what is causeing it. I know that blood pressure meds helps some people with headaches though.
    Certain herbal "medicine"/diets helps for different people. Herbalife stuff got rid of my mothers migraine for good, she used to have attacks that lasted half a day she would be crying and screaming.

It worked for my mom but might it was a nice bonus from the diet crap. I hope it is just something simple as not drinking enough water or something wrong with your eyesight. If you have heavy form of migraine it's often close to impossible to get rid of it.

Deleted
    could be lupus

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Dont really have a diet i eat whatever XD
    Nope mostly tea
    Uhh, tea has caffeine in it. On average, a cup of tea has about 3/4 the amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee.

On topic, I get smallish headaches from time-to-time, but they are few and far between. I call them "water headaches" because I don't regularly drink water outside of work. An 8oz cup or two, or three, always makes these go away within a few minutes. Whenever I have an extended absence from work, longer than a weekend, I tend to forget that I need to drink water.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    It worked for my mom but might it was a nice bonus from the diet crap. I hope it is just something simple as not drinking enough water or something wrong with your eyesight. If you have heavy form of migraine it's often close to impossible to get rid of it.
    It can't be anything with a diet as that has changed since i was 8 and nothing has changed, it's not water problem either. My eye sight is fine too. It's been ~10years since i had an MRI though so who knows.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to get those all the time. Brutal. Then I realized I had a sensitivity to wheat, so I stopped eating it - no more headaches. Note: not celiac. No other symptoms. Just headaches.

Some of the proteins can cross undigested into your bloodstream and interact with astrocytes, which can then release inflammatory molecules that attract immune cells that propagate an immune response, leading to general inflammation and pain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    It can't be anything with a diet as that has changed since i was 8 and nothing has changed, it's not water problem either. My eye sight is fine too. It's been ~10years since i had an MRI though so who knows.
    Well, there could be constants to your diet, no? Like, some foods are pretty ubiquitous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, please refrain from giving medical advice, in jest or otherwise. If OP wants that, he should consult a doctor.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    If this keeps happening you should check a doctor just in case. There is a chance you may have some kind of physical problem, and this is the kind of thing is not OK to take chances with.

Other things I could say, guys already said it.

People don't just get ocasional strong headaches unless is triggered by something physical. Could be just stress, but I would hate to sleep without knowing you are aware of that.

Go see a doctor, just in case.
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm

Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
    If this keeps happening you should check a doctor just in case. There is a chance you may have some kind of physical problem, and this is the kind of thing is not OK to take chances with.
    Yes, this. I saw a doctor about my crazy headaches. Not a tumor, not my diet, not anything they could explain. But on the chance that it might have been a tumor, seeing the doctor was worth it.