10+ Year Old Account

How to continue in League of Legends.

So...I have an addiction to this game. I think im finally ready to admit this. After getting to gold 4 early season 4 (started at silver 1 and ended last season there), was feeling good.

Two months later, I have been demoted to bronze one. Are games my fault? Sure. Can I play better? We all can. But i'm starting to think this game has evolved beyond me. I have been playing since very early 2010, and up until season 4, have liked playing the game. Now, things are so different, and the community has truly become an embodiment of evil. But I keep playing. Why? I HATE....HATE every game im in, yet I keep queuing up for more, losing and losing. Now, even when I win (and gain like 70 LP for that matter), get no satisfaction due to that I KNOW that I will lose until I'm demoted. See, every division drop, I MAYBE win one game. My Win/Loss is I think 45/110. Yet I still play. I am so...SO FUCKING angry right now at this game, and yet I play.

So I ask this. Should I switch to DOTA 2, which funnily enough my MMR is about 4k, which is pretty decent, or can someone on here give me some advice, because i'm on my wits end for this game. Maybe it's just evolved past me, and I need to move on. Heh, it's funny, I posted this same thread over on the LoL forums, and got "Stop being bad and play more games" essentially 10 times before I gave up refreshing the page and come here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    So...I have an addiction to this game. I think im finally ready to admit this. After getting to gold 4 early season 4 (started at silver 1 and ended last season there), was feeling good.

Two months later, I have been demoted to bronze one. Are games my fault? Sure. Can I play better? We all can. But i'm starting to think this game has evolved beyond me. I have been playing since very early 2010, and up until season 4, have liked playing the game. Now, things are so different, and the community has truly become an embodiment of evil. But I keep playing. Why? I HATE....HATE every game im in, yet I keep queuing up for more, losing and losing. Now, even when I win (and gain like 70 LP for that matter), get no satisfaction due to that I KNOW that I will lose until I'm demoted. See, every division drop, I MAYBE win one game. My Win/Loss is I think 45/110. Yet I still play. I am so...SO FUCKING angry right now at this game, and yet I play.

So I ask this. Should I switch to DOTA 2, which funnily enough my MMR is about 4k, which is pretty decent, or can someone on here give me some advice, because i'm on my wits end for this game. Maybe it's just evolved past me, and I need to move on. Heh, it's funny, I posted this same thread over on the LoL forums, and got "Stop being bad and play more games" essentially 10 times before I gave up refreshing the page and come here.
    Bump Bump Bump

You take breaks... I have to stop playing 6 months or so for a few months, i come back feeling better. When i get in a losing slump like that, i stop playing for a few days, usually come back into a great winning streak, you just need breaks.

Wow I didnt think dropping that hard was even possible. I mean, I knew technically it was but I figured no person would actually play that badly after getting a higher rank to drop that far. Anyways you can play even if you lose a lot, playing is for fun and to get better. Try and remember that, learn from your mistakes rather than raging at them. Take responsibility for them as well since TONS of players dont, its always somebodys elses problem and yes even while that person might not have been the best if you focus just on you I feel you will have a better time even if you dont win

Deleted
    if you want to move in divisions and you are solo queveing there is one only thing to do, solo carry the game(this works specialy good in bronze and silver in my opinion). even tho there may be players owning at their own respected lanes you should forget about them and play as if you are alone and noone will ever help you. get as many cs (don't get crazy if you miss one), poke towers as much as you can and specialize in few champions

for example, i got 9 wins in a row with fiddle jungle which moved me from silver to gold, giving early dragons to my team at level 5 and harrasing just one lane til two towers drop
    Last edited by mmoc97a0109373; 2014-03-09 at 04:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Wow I didnt think dropping that hard was even possible. I mean, I knew technically it was but I figured no person would actually play that badly after getting a higher rank to drop that far. Anyways you can play even if you lose a lot, playing is for fun and to get better. Try and remember that, learn from your mistakes rather than raging at them. Take responsibility for them as well since TONS of players dont, its always somebodys elses problem and yes even while that person might not have been the best if you focus just on you I feel you will have a better time even if you dont win
    Well for some reason when I was gold 4, I stopped playing for, oh about a week. I come back, lose one game, BAM, 70 points gone. From gold 4 to silver 4, I would lose no less then 45 points per match. I had NO clue what was going on. I would win, and MAYBE get 10 points, then lose next game and BOOM 70 points gone. Finally I hit silver 4 and it evened out. But since my mmr was so low, I remember checking one of my games at lolnexus.com, and i was the only person ranked in silver. Everyone else was bronze 2 or lower. I thought "This should be easy." My Taric support stunned minions reguraly, had no clue how targons worked, and ulted off cooldown whenever and wherever. A truly shocking moment to realize how far i've fallen.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, I posted my little rant there here and on the rant thread, and the responses have been excellent so far. The League forums are the wrong places to be apparently.
    Thanks guys.

Deleted
    Play some normals, make some friends, start enjoying the game. It's clear you're not enjoying ranked right now. You're probably dropping because you're playing badly due to your obvious frustration and anger... so you've got yourself into a cycle. Clear your head before you go back to it.

Stop torturing yourself. Take a break. Play some other games, play some casual modes, mess about in ARAM, join some chat rooms, joke about with people, make some friends...

The game is all about ranked for some people, but for others.. that's just not fun, and ultimately, the game should be fun. I'm terrible at this game so I can't help you with mechanics or anything like that - but I can say that frame of mind makes a big difference.

Queue for some normals and say hi to people, make a bit of conversation in the game, if anyone responds, add them to friends, ask them if they want to play with you, rinse and repeat! In a few weeks after you've just been having fun playing - maybe try going back to ranked then if climbing is important to you, and perhaps you'll have found a few people around your skill level to duo queue with too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think i'm going to take your advice. Think i'm going to go back to D3 and give it another shot, and Hearthstone looks fun.

Last season I was on Silver II. Now I'm in Bronze III. I usually lose a game if I'm on solo queue. My fault? Not really. It's just that Bronze-level gaming is different from Top Silver and Gold-level. I play support as it's my fave role. Players from Bronze will insist on using ADC and AP Champions coz they feel they're good with it. Reason why I still play? I like the game regardless if I win or lose.