mythic raids seem like the perfect number to me, I bet all will be after WOD

It's an introduction for whats coming after, I am calling right now that all raids (Flex and normal) will be 20 man as well. Seems the right thing to do too.

They're all flexible sizes other than Mythic. That's the way it will be going forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you bet eh? How much you wanna bet, i'd bet anything that there will never be a single raid size in wow again.

Deleted
    So Flex raiding that is specifically made to be flexible when it comes to the number of participants; is going to be made to be 20 man. I'll bet big money that you, good sir, is wrong

Flex is here to stay and fixed raids are gone the way of mankriks wife!

I guess we will see after WOD, Flex is a possibility but I say they will have all raids capped at 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I guess we will see after WOD, Flex is a possibility but I say they will have all raids capped at 20.
    You, honestly, truly think they'd work on making the technology for flex and then get rid of it? After spreading it to everything but the static mode that's based around a dedicated group with access to all classes/utility in order to give the utmost challenge, you'd think they'd go "yeah, lesser difficulties that are for PuGs and queue-users will totally be 20m now, kthx."

I'm not sure I can take that seriously.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm really glad that the raids are more flexible, i just wish there was technology inplace to let us have 40 man flexi's! imagine how epic that would be.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    So Flex raiding that is specifically made to be flexible when it comes to the number of participants; is going to be made to be 20 man. I'll bet big money that you, good sir, is wrong
    Yes it will also be renamed to "not-quite-as-flex-as-it-used-to-be".

I doubt they'd just chuck the idea of flex raids out the window. Seems like a silly thing to do. Flex has been the best thing to happen to WoW in a long time, and in WoD it will only make things better. A fixed number makes sense for mythic, but not other difficulties.

Deleted
    Flex is here to stay. The reason 10man was removed and 25man reduced is because they want to make the heroic fights more interesting than they are today. With 10man, that would cause comp issues and with easier difficulies, that would cause too much complexity that these mechanics would be ignored.

Flex is definitely here to stay, but having a flexible heroic endgame would be a balancing nightmare. People would min-max the hell out of it and guild-shattering drama would ensue as guilds bench people just to push the raid size down to something they think is easier.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    So you bet eh? How much you wanna bet, i'd bet anything that there will never be a single raid size in wow again.
    depends on what you mean by a single raid size. as it stands now, 20 man is the only raid size for actual raid guilds.

anything lower than mythic i feel won't be even considered raid content. normals going to become about as faceroll as world bosses or 5 man bosses.

I'd prefer 10-40 flex and 30 mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    depends on what you mean by a single raid size. as it stands now, 20 man is the only raid size for actual raid guilds.

anything lower than mythic i feel won't be even considered raid content. normals going to become about as faceroll as world bosses or 5 man bosses.
    Only if you choose to ignore reality. When you say that normal mode and heroic mode won't be raiding anymore, you're just being obtuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think leaving a 20 man option for the best people the game has to offer is fine. The flex solution is good enough for the rest.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite the opposite to me.

Adaptive raid sizing is amazing and will be the future of raiding in WoW. It's unfortunate mythic can't follow the same design, although I completely understand why it can't.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I thought they mentioned that they were working on having Flex (normal and heroic) go to 30.

Mythic (today's heroic) will never be flex, and should never be flex.
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

people love flex. people can leave and join whenever they want. mostly