Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Dota 2 is about as fair as a free to play game can be.
    I'm actually making a bit of money from that, selling the items I have double.
    Dota 2 is the hardest game ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give Hawken a shot, it is a fps but doesn't follow the pacing you would normally find in fps games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I always feel like F2P is just a way to scam people. I prefer to pay a fixed ammount of money and be done with it. That's why I hate the whole Battlenet shop with pets and mounts for WoW. Just transfer the concept to the real world and you understand why it just does not feel right (Take a grocery store, were you don't pay for the grocery but extensive much money to be allowed to put them in a tiny tiny cart, if you want a cart that has more room than one bag of milk you have to pay the price of 5 packs of milk, so you take more "for free" but then you have to pay special grocery weight fee and then you pay for leaving the shop and for parking and for breathing and watching the grocery and so on).
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep.. I love Marvel Heroes Online

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Fuck no. It is a blight on gaming. There is no such thing as free and they shouldn't be called that. So happy the EU is doing something about it. Hopefully it is the end of this terrible model.
    EU is only dealing with Mobiles. Not MMOs.
    Secondly saying F2P is a terrible model is living in the past. F2P has a terrible history of being P2W and "low quality" game but it has long since changed.

Rift is good for what it is. I do feel the cash shop is abit to much trough, and people say thats a good cash shop they have =/

...Rift are much like wow trough, so not something I can play alot. Maybe 100 hours a year average or so, maybe less.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Yeah i love a good f2p game. TF2, smite, dota 2, league of legends, blacklight retribution, warframe, swtor and marvel heroes are the ones i play. Some more than others, but all of them great games deffinately.

Path of Exile and Hawken.

PoE may look diablo-isk but its internal system behaves very differently. Spells as gems and the linkable slots makes for an interesting system. The trade-based item system, which extends even to npc shops, is rather interesting. (theres no gold or currency in the game, you get support items like scrolls of identify and imbuement gem items for selling items, they work like useable currency in a way)

Hawken. Man the mech fps is just so good. Movement and response is fluidly designed. The mechs respond well depending on their class and make.

Every mech is different but not arbitrarily so (like say fps game with loads of guns that don't actually perform that differently and people use only like the 4 most dependable ones and you never see the others). Even the starting mech is capable even at elite standards (due to its all round balance and straight forward weapon load out).

each mech plays differently but non are over powered. NO one mech or weapon will win you the day. The key to a win is for the team to coordinate with their strengths. You will suck if you pilot your mech wrong for the wrong purposes. Hit&run, various support, sniper, cover fire, close range, bombardment, stealth, harass, disrupt, attack, defend.

People just rushing from spawn point into the battle guns blazing will not succeed if the other team is using their support and defense mechs to hold the line with offensive mechs firing away, every map has the opportunity for tactics and paths you can use for flanking for both teams (as well as items to disrupt, shield, detect or distract).

Each mech is a role, not some automatic super awesome killing machine.

The only "pay" options are for cosmetic stuff. Other pay options for gameplay related items are simply to unlock them early. And even then they're more about the variety of choice you have for your limited loadout. Non of these weapons are overpowered, they just behave differently and are meant for different situations.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2014-04-01 at 09:04 AM.

Deleted
    Only if the game has all core features available at the start for free.

Such as classes, characters and what not.

But only a few games try the cosmetic method.

All in all I am heavily against f2p.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i enjoy SWTOR so far, though i am sub right now, but i haven't always been.
    hearthstone is fun, a bit P2W in ranked but the arena is fair (RNG dominated but fair).

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy Star Trek Online because ever since The Legacy of Romulus Expansion it's been fantastic. Yeah there's an optional cash shop and a subscription model but the game is nowhere near Pay 2 Win. A couple of the specialty ships may cost you money if you want to pay for it but it is in no way necessary to participate at end game.