Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Its what gamers and people who download movies want. Its not what the country needs.
    Sorry fucking WHAT? The NBN will revolutionise Health care and education. Business will want to move to Australia. You are clueless if you think only gamers want it. With such a big country and so little people the NBN will change everything about Australia.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  2. #82
    I am Murloc! Peaky Blinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Birmingham UK/Arizona US
    Posts
    5,687
    The reason is the wires that connect you guys from blizzards headquarters have to go upside down and its a known fact information that goes upside down gets recieved slower.

    This is a absolutely true fact in that i just made it up!

  3. #83
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Richiebcfc25 View Post
    The reason is the wires that connect you guys from blizzards headquarters have to go upside down and its a known fact information that goes upside down gets recieved slower.

    This is a absolutely true fact in that i just made it up!
    This absolutely must be the problem, why did we not see this before.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Sorry fucking WHAT? The NBN will revolutionise Health care and education. Business will want to move to Australia. You are clueless if you think only gamers want it. With such a big country and so little people the NBN will change everything about Australia.
    Just ignore him, that's the same tripe that was posted by Liberal supporters on Facebook etc. pre-election because they can't comprehend that technology is the way forward, especially when manufacturing is closing down left and right. Australia has always been filled with very conservative people that have no interest in looking too far forward, just the way it goes.

  5. #85
    Until people start voting with their wallets, this simply will not change. Blizzard knows they don't have to. They are extremely unlikely to get any benefit out of implementing Oceanic servers. They won't magically gain more subscribers to help offset the costs. They know we will continue to pay to play with that status quo. They 'could' pay to set up the infrastructure, but for what benefit ?

    Unfortunately, on the rare occasion that a local server has been implemented (looking at Swtor and Warhammer), it has not been supported with enough players, and the servers get shut down.
    "Video games only exist, so that idiots have something to be good at" - Joe Hildebrand

  6. #86
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    140
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3360243599
    70$ a month Telstra Cable Ultimate. For some reason mine seems to be cheaper than people who get slower speeds than me. I know a few people in my area who have the same deal. Might just be cheaper in Perth =/


    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3360246003
    203 is around average what I get connecting to WoW

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Damedrius View Post
    This point is invalid without any proof that your presented statistics have any merit. Please provide your source next time when making such a bold claim. Oceanic servers are for the oceanic population, not the SEA population which I believe get their own servers.

    Oh btw SWTOR and Warhammer servers were empty because barely anyone in Australia played/plays those games.
    Sorry if i wasnt clear on my post. Fine its not 50% but all im saying is that if you look at oceanic guild listing on wowprogress a percentage of the guilds are SEA based guilds from SG MY HK PH. And most of those oceania guilds have a few SEA based players. Putting oceanic servers on australia would just divide players on oceanic servers because of latency issues.

    And you clearly did not play swtor when oceanic servers was opened. It was more packed than the most populated oceanic server shrine.

  8. #88
    If it's even remotely like LoL or DotA 2, a lack of oceanic servers is going to be a serious issue for Heroes of the Storm. I'd like to think that it will be the tipping point that makes them reconsider servers here.

    As for WoW, I would like to see Oceanic servers finally happen, Logistically, it shouldn't be so difficult; just shift the content of the current faux-Oceanic servers to Australian or Oceanic-hosted servers. Yeah, some Americans playing on those servers for whatever reason might feel a bit put out, but they'll only have to deal with what the entire Oceanic playerbase already had to deal with. They can suck up their 200-300 ping if the other 99% get a sub-100 ping out of it.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2014-03-10 at 09:00 AM.

  9. #89
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynai View Post
    Sorry if i wasnt clear on my post. Fine its not 50% but all im saying is that if you look at oceanic guild listing on wowprogress a percentage of the guilds are SEA based guilds from SG MY HK PH. And most of those oceania guilds have a few SEA based players. Putting oceanic servers on australia would just divide players on oceanic servers because of latency issues.

    And you clearly did not play swtor when oceanic servers was opened. It was more packed than the most populated oceanic server shrine.
    I think you will find that the problem (even if there was one) can be solved by merging servers like barthilas and frostmourne. Also SWTOR was popular when the servers were first open, I remember. I did play it. But quickly it died down because it was not very good.
    This is not a part of the post I just made.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Sorry fucking WHAT? The NBN will revolutionise Health care and education. Business will want to move to Australia. You are clueless if you think only gamers want it. With such a big country and so little people the NBN will change everything about Australia.
    Oh, in that case Ill just let the Health and Education departments know that its ok theyre getting funding slashed, the internet will make things better.

    Id wager that half the schools dont even have computers that work 50% of the time, let alone be able to take advantage of faster speeds.

  11. #91
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Oh, in that case Ill just let the Health and Education departments know that its ok theyre getting funding slashed, the internet will make things better.

    Id wager that half the schools dont even have computers that work 50% of the time, let alone be able to take advantage of faster speeds.
    ... You say that then say you don't even know. Are you aware most students get given laptops now days and almost every school has 100s of computer?

    As for health. I am not even going to bother to go into the advantages. Go do some dam research yourself before you comment again. Just know that the advantages far out weigh the disadvantages.

    My father is a teacher and my mother is an RN. Not to mention half my family also does both professions. I know 1st hand what is going on.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •