Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinzil View Post
    This isn't a WoD trailer, this is a Paid Character Boost ad.
    You mean a free character boost ad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Soooo... erhm.. where do I pre order then? Could this be the most useless advertising campaign ever or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    Then they'll kick the gnome for being a scrub who doesn't know how to play his class and for having crap gear.
    I see people who fit this description every day, and they leveled themselves, and nobody kicks them.

Fantasy.

Machinima with the new models is going to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Soooo... erhm.. where do I pre order then? Could this be the most useless advertising campaign ever or am I missing something?
    I think buried in the 20 pages of people saying this is the fact that this "trailer" has been leaked early.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    I love how you guys are all happy about them releasing a commercial for the fact that they are going pay to win. That's all this is, a commercial.
    I hope my willingness to pay money for goods and services doesn't permanently damage your feelings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think buried in the 20 pages of people saying this is the fact that this "trailer" has been leaked early.
    Bit later in thread there's a link to Blizzard employee linking the trailer in twitter so it's kinda official.
    Just some time to build hype and get views on youtube until launch on tuesday/wednesday mainteance I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I'm pretty sure everyone's calling me insane...
    But I have an ever stronger feeling that the Beta might not be what we are used to, this time around.
    For my part, I would not be surprised if the Beta phase is going to be something very short, if we get any at all..
    Over the years Blizzard has made so many improvements with the game engines and software. They can now - and do it already - integrate content and changes on live realms with barely any down time at all. Some even without having to just restart the servers.
    So I am prepared for a very short Beta phase. Maybe even just a closed beta for a select group to test some raid and bg stuff.
    Thats what they did with diablo3 ROS recently. Granted, the amount of content to test is drastically different, but they did a lot of balance and class changes, and it was a very limited beta, that was over fairly quickly and didnt come until pretty close to the release.

And then people walk into LFR and realize that this offer isn't so fun in reality.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultragrisen View Post
    When leveling your toon has become just an obstacle in your game experience then the producer have failed
    When you can claim the most successful MMO for the last 10 years that others have tried to copy in some form then I think that they can do what they feel will help keep the people coming back and to attract new players then it is their perogative what they do with the game as it is their game they created it..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guinzil View Post
    This isn't a WoD trailer, this is a Paid Character Boost ad.
    Did you actually listen to the ad? By what you posted you did not as if you actually bothered to listen it says that you get a free level 90 if you pre order the expansion..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    And then people walk into LFR and realize that this offer isn't so fun in reality.
    There won't be any difference.

When you decide to queue for LFR, you know it will be full of bad players who are just there to get gear, who have no clue about the strategy and are not even aware of 50% of their skills.

Is there a BIG difference between a player who just got his level 90 char or one who did the leveling ? If there is one, it is a small one.

Bad players will remain bad because they want it whether they pay for it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    So... it will be like the LFR I ran last night?

Or last week?

Or the week before?

The people with free 90s can't be any worse than the current failtards running LFR. Tanks flipping bosses around on melee, DPS not moving out of anything, fun times!
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they made a better expansion than WoD they wouldn't have to wish I was there, now would they? :P

I like how the big selling point is "Raid Party, Level 90 only"... and the only place a boosted 90 will be even allowed at this point is in ToT LFR. Is LFR the pinnacle of content for this game anymore? If so, that's just sad.

Also, level 61 in Tanaris desert... no wonder it's taking the gnome so long. But probably typical of the player quality you'll see more of in an LFR near you.

It's a good program, I hope Blizzard makes a ton of money off it. No, really, I do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    If they made a better expansion than WoD they wouldn't have to wish I was there, now would they? :P
    It hasn't even been released yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was the most fun ad I've seen *thumbs up*

I just watched it again.. and it hit me.. that gnome got hit right in the face with a smashing new shiny fucking mustache

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    I just watched it again.. and it hit me.. that gnome got hit right in the face with a smashing new shiny fucking mustache
    THIS, I don't care about the whole lvl 90 boost thing, that gnome just looked f$%&# epic with the mustache xD
    Amidst the eternal waves of time
    From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
    Out of the Abyss peer the eyes of a demon
    Behold the Razgriz, it's wings a black sheath

Physical CE's have to wait for launch! WTF?! No pre-order keys?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for showcasing how superficial about 90% of the people on this board are. Completely unable to critically look at the design decisions Blizzards makes.
    The problem is, people don't really understand the design process and the way the company organized. Having worked for development organizations, I can tell you that most development processes are very compartmentalized. The group who works on the story board is not the same group designing the characters, which is not the same group doing the marketing, which is not the same group creating the raids, which is not the same group creating the quests...etc. Generally they split the work across different teams, so they can cover everything that needs to be covered. Different expertise goes into each group, so someone from Marketing working on a video such as this, doesn't necessarily have the expertise to be able to do character or raid design when he has down time. So saying the creation of this video takes away a raid tier is ludicrous...marketing...design...two different worlds. Blizz has used the response in regard to design and development decisions. They have a finite group of designers and developers, and a finite amount of time to get things done. Add to that the impatience of the gaming community, and decisions have to be made. Sometimes something has to wait. Otherwise you have scope creep that continues while more and more things are added...and before you know it, a project took a year longer than expected. They've explained this many times, but it is difficult, it seems for some people to grasp.
    /End Rant

That said, the video is adorable.

Deleted
    so they put the US deluxe version at $69.99 and the EU deluxe version at 70 euro, WTF?