Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lynx Rush discussion

Right now it's just the worst talent in that tier, does nothing interesting and nobody uses it.

Imo it should give our pet cleave for 30 seconds so it brings up the other 2 specs to closer to BM for multi target fights.

Blizzard plans to replace it with Stampede based on the recent video of hunter talents. Makes sense to me; gives that tier one passive, one medium-cooldown with a gimmick for certain fights, and one long-cooldown for fights with separated burst phases.

It use to be super strong in tier 14 but had to be nerfed to the ground and reworked. I think the only spec that needs their aoe tweaked is MM, surv does fine on its own and is close enough on aoe with BM as it is.

Yea, unfortunately the talent is just going away if what the Alpha videos showed is true. Kind of dumb considering Stampede and AMoC are basically the same thing.

In my opinion, the easiest way to fix LR would be to triple it's damage but cap the bleed at 3 stacks. That requires no mechanical changes whatsoever, but would make it the go-to option for multi-target fights.

Deleted
    Lynx rush is still a very powerful ability for BM hunters. Using Lynx Rush with a very high BM mastery build hits like a truck and is much more "bursty" with a high mastery build compared to blink strikes and MoC. Blink strikes and MoC are good choices however but they aren't as bursty for BM as LR is.

It's really good for BM at heroic phase 3 and 4 garrosh where you want to put out as much damage as possible in the very small amount of time you have. One can also assume it's really good for heroic blackfuse belt duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    Lynx rush is still a very powerful ability for BM hunters. Using Lynx Rush with a very high BM mastery build hits like a truck and is much more "bursty" with a high mastery build compared to blink strikes and MoC. Blink strikes and MoC are good choices however but they aren't as bursty for BM as LR is.

It's really good for BM at heroic phase 3 and 4 garrosh where you want to put out as much damage as possible in the very small amount of time you have. One can also assume it's really good for heroic blackfuse belt duty.
    Lol.

1. No, it's pretty shitty damage, also the whole "high-mastery build" is complete BS as the only stat you'll be "stacking" is Haste (beyond Agility).
    2. The phase 3+4 Garrosh HC stuff is also complete BS as both of those phases last much longer than 30 seconds which would allow for full-duration Crows.. But Blink Strikes is better here anyway..
    3. @ Blackfuse - no? Just use Blink Strikes which is effective constantly rather than a cooldown?

FYI I still only bother replying to you so I can do my best to eliminate the misinformation you spew for others that unfortunately might listen to you..

Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post
    Kind of dumb considering Stampede and AMoC are basically the same thing.
    The cooldown and duration difference makes them fairly distinct. May be even more noticable if they cut the Stampede duration down further, but increased the damage output to match. Not sure that'd work with PvP though, since I assume it won't be "does one thing in PvE, another in PvP" anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where to start. First off blizzard didnt even buff this move when they removed readiness like they did to crows. It was a okay when we had readiness but it still had a lot of downsides. Lynx rush can be parried for one and that basically fucks the damage. It was also really only good on single targets fights which there are none really. Blizzard gave up on this talent long ago, its obvious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Where to start. First off blizzard didnt even buff this move when they removed readiness like they did to crows.
    Incorrect actually.
    Talents

A Murder of Crows now deals 40% more damage.
    Aspect of the Iron Hawk now reduces all damage taken by 10%, down from 15%.
    Glaive Toss no longer initiates auto-attack.
    Lynx Rush's damage has been increased by 30%.
    Source : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/101...ust_2-8_2_2013

Too bad it still doesn't come close to the others. A 30% buff to what it was doesn't change the gutting it took early on.

Blizzard largely stopped caring about Lynx Rush since it simply added more mongoloid burst in a very short window. Many of us figured it would be gone in WoD anyways. There's not really a way they can balance it against the other options.

Deleted
    They should make Lynx Rush a BM only ability, that way they dont have to balance it against AMoC/Blink Strikes, and it will add some differentiation among the Hunter Speccs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tjongen View Post
    They should make Lynx Rush a BM only ability, that way they dont have to balance it against AMoC/Blink Strikes, and it will add some differentiation among the Hunter Speccs.
    When used with Bestial Wrath it leads to more mongoloid burst. It's why it was nerfed so hard to begin with. They're getting away from cooldown stacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your right but 30 percent more damage is no where near as good as 2 lynx rushes in your opener so it was actually a nerf
    Last edited by Kissthebaby; 2014-03-09 at 10:40 PM.

I honestly don't know how the ability made it to live in the state it was in at launch. It was clearly overpowered, for a few reasons:

1) it was a physical bleed, which meant it was undispellable, and very few things mitigated it, except Armor which most cloth classes lack.

2) it required no setup, unlike feral Rip.

3) it was buffed by bm mastery, bm's 45 second rabid which increased AP at the time, and was usually lined up with BW which gave it even more damage.

4) it applied in 4 seconds, making it hard to avoid and impossible to CC before the BW changes, and lasted 15 seconds, giving pretty good sustained pursue if the target managed to live through the lol stampede burst.

They've remedied some of these things, but to balance all these things against the other talents in the row was a virtual impossibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I honestly don't know how the ability made it to live in the state it was in at launch. It was clearly overpowered, for a few reasons:

1) it was a physical bleed, which meant it was undispellable, and very few things mitigated it, except Armor which most cloth classes lack.

2) it required no setup, unlike feral Rip.

3) it was buffed by bm mastery, bm's 45 second rabid which increased AP at the time, and was usually lined up with BW which gave it even more damage.

4) it applied in 4 seconds, making it hard to avoid and impossible to CC before the BW changes, and lasted 15 seconds, giving pretty good sustained pursue if the target managed to live through the lol stampede burst.

They've remedied some of these things, but to balance all these things against the other talents in the row was a virtual impossibility.
    it wasnt a bleed at launch they didnt do that till 5.1 i think, it was like a rogues killing spree

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    When used with Bestial Wrath it leads to more mongoloid burst. It's why it was nerfed so hard to begin with. They're getting away from cooldown stacking.
    What if they replaced Focus Fire with Lynx Rush, each stack of Frenzy being one jump? While the pet's jumping it doesn't do much else, and there's no dot snapshotting in WoD, so not a great idea to hit it during BW. (Hypothetically)

- - - Updated - - -

To me, that would make more sense than focus fire anyway. "Hey, my pet is attacking fast! I should tell him to STOP doing that so I can attack faster. And me doing this will improve his focus." VS "My pet is attacking in a FRENZY, I should tell him to jump around tearing shit up, which will poop him out a little bit."

Deleted
    The synergy between AMoC and AoC render is fairly useless. With LR snapshotting there was potential there but the mechanic is just bad. I presume the main reason it is being removed is because snapshotting will not exist in WoD, rendering it worthless. That whole tier is really poorly designed in all honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    That whole tier is really poorly designed in all honesty.
    Definitely agree. Would have liked if gaming amoc on ICD gave it more of a benefit over blink strikes, but starting to consider just running BS even on single target just to have one less button to push. And lynx has felt like a joke the entire expansion, as if blizz just sort of slapped three abilities into a tier and then forgot about them completely. smh

Apparently letting a passive be equally competitive, even outperforming in most situations, with an ability that you have to use correctly with procs is good design. gg blizz /rant
    Last edited by mercychan; 2014-03-11 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mercylolk View Post
    Definitely agree. Would have liked if gaming amoc on ICD gave it more of a benefit over blink strikes, but starting to consider just running BS even on single target just to have one less button to push. And lynx has felt like a joke the entire expansion, as if blizz just sort of slapped three abilities into a tier and then forgot about them completely. smh

Apparently letting a passive be equally competitive, even outperforming in most situations, with an ability that you have to use correctly with procs is good design. gg blizz /rant
    Not sure which spec you are referring to here, but as survival AMoC is superior to BS on almost all fights. If you're talking about BM however, you would be mostly correct, however AMoC does theoretically out-perform BS on single target, but on any AOE, go BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Connorizm View Post
    Not sure which spec you are referring to here, but as survival AMoC is superior to BS on almost all fights. If you're talking about BM however, you would be mostly correct, however AMoC does theoretically out-perform BS on single target, but on any AOE, go BS.
    Here is a sim I ran for my character between the two talents (Armory link)http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ercylol/simple

Here is for Amoc:

Here is for Blink Strikes:

Assuming an average fight length of 5 minutes with optimal AMOC proc gaming, AMOC will output 1129410, while Blink Strikes will output 2003100. Could you help me find where my sim goes wrong?
    Last edited by mercychan; 2014-03-12 at 05:04 AM.