Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by mercylolk View Post
    Here is a sim I ran for my character between the two talents (Armory link)http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ercylol/simple

Here is for Amoc:

Here is for Blink Strikes:

Assuming an average fight length of 5 minutes with optimal AMOC proc gaming, AMOC will output 1129410, while Blink Strikes will output 2003100. Could you help me find where my sim goes wrong?
    Claw gave you 6.5k more DPS with Blink Strikes, however you lose 12.5k DPS dropping Crows is what I'm seeing..?

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Claw gave you 6.5k more DPS with Blink Strikes, however you lose 12.5k DPS dropping Crows is what I'm seeing..?
    Oops, is that how it works? I thought it was crows was dps while it was active, guess not

Oops, is that how it works? I thought it was crows was dps while it was active, guess not
    I'm no SimC expert but looking at what you gave that's what my brain put it together to be immediately.

Yup, pretty positive thats how it works, its dps over the whole fight.

If it was only while a skill was active, how would you measure instants?

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Its true that Crows does 12.5k dps for the fight and Blink Strikes contributes 6.5k, but if you look at the total sim dps the difference is only 3.5k in favor of crows. This is likely caused by the focus costs of crows vs. blink strikes.

Also as a question to the original provider of the sims, what action line did you use to get "optimal AMoC proc gaming"

Quote Originally Posted by Aldarana View Post
    Also as a question to the original provider of the sims, what action line did you use to get "optimal AMoC proc gaming"

actions+=/a_murder_of_crows,if=enabled&!ticking

With amoc highest on priority. Since AOC and amoc share ~same cooldown, shouldn't have the sim delay it.

Yup, pretty positive thats how it works, its dps over the whole fight.

If it was only while a skill was active, how would you measure instants?
    true true
    Last edited by mercychan; 2014-03-12 at 07:37 PM.