Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

BS or DR on HC Garrosh

Pretty awkward. Currently progressing on HC Garrosh but apparently I need to go DR for stuns on adds in intermission, although I think that's bullshit. However it's also mainly a single target fight. I'll end up being last on dps though if I go DR with everyone spamming the adds at the start.

Deleted
    Go Bladestorm, It's not even up for debate as far as I'm concerned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyricals View Post
    Are you sure? I mean, that's the answer I wanted, but we're still on progress. I understand BS for farm, but for progress?

use disrupting shout for the adds, if you have to go DR for your raid, you have to, but if there aren't enough classes to cover the interrupts you probably have bigger problems.

bladestorm, aside from being good for meter padding on warbringers, is really good for mind controls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sar93 View Post
    Are you sure? I mean, that's the answer I wanted, but we're still on progress. I understand BS for farm, but for progress?
    BS helps during P1, during intermissions and with the MC's...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    BS helps during P1, during intermissions and with the MC's...
    Thanks for the replies. I love pasting them to a cocky healer officer telling me to go DR.

Why would you even consider DR?

BS is stronger than DR no matter how you look at it. It's superior on single target (yes, it's a recent change but it's been out long enough to be known ) and it's THE best burst AoE ability in the game (works for Adds P1, MCs P2 & P3. Don't use BS pre MC or you'll keep spinning and damage your raid!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    Why would you even consider DR?

BS is stronger than DR no matter how you look at it. It's superior on single target (yes, it's a recent change but it's been out long enough to be known ) and it's THE best burst AoE ability in the game (works for Adds P1, MCs P2 & P3. Don't use BS pre MC or you'll keep spinning and damage your raid!)
    I was considering it as, as the guy telling me to go DR says, 'its not about damage its about effective damage we have alot of aoe in this group and not strong single target damage thats why its better' Though I'm telling him about the advantages of BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar93 View Post
    I was considering it as, as the guy telling me to go DR says, 'its not about damage its about effective damage we have alot of aoe in this group and not strong single target damage thats why its better' Though I'm telling him about the advantages of BS.
    Your healing officer is probably either friends with a butthurt dps that's getting smashed by your aoe burst or he's just an idiot.

Take Bladestorm.

If he's talking specifics about effective DPS ask him exactly how much HE THINKS DR will give you on the boss over BS then let us all prove him wrong.
    Last edited by Choptimus; 2014-03-09 at 07:17 PM.

Do what I did. I went BS but used Blitz glyph for the stun in intermission. Pretty efficient.

Lets forget the one million good uses for Bladestorm on Garrosh hc and look at the single target damage done only. Bladestorm will yield a higher damage on Garrosh alone no matter what, if you ALSO hit other targets Bladestorm will do significantly more damage to Garrosh himself due to the diminishing returns on DR (DR will hit Garrosh for less the more targets it hits).

Bladestorm is by far the best talent. That fight was nearly designed for it and best of all; none of it is "padding". It honestly isn't even a competition.

While I understand progression = less focus on damage and more focus on mechanics, such as interrupts; I guarantee there are better places to pick up extra stun/interrupt utility that your raid is not considering; ex: Tanks, Capacitor Totem, etc.

Most classes have atleast one interrupt and a stun of some sort, Warriors alone can AoE interrupt the first cast on all three targets and Storm Bolt a second, even Leap and Charge for a third!
    If you are having issues with the interrupts I am certain you can swap the groups around a bit and make it work, its about both interrupting ability and balanced enough damage so groups aren't up too long (general rule is die before 3rd cast).
    We carry a (dead) buyer each week and still manage to get all the interrupts/damage necessary, which is harder than you'd think even with gear.

The damage of Bladestorm MORE than makes up for the slight utility loss. It utterly destroys both Phase 1 adds and Intermission 1 adds, it annihilates Intermission 2 adds is the #1 MC breaker ability for that fight. It also is not a Single Target loss, so it doesn't hamper you through the non AoE portions of the fight. Win-Win-Win.

TLDR: Tell your Officer he is mistaken and should leave you to what you do best.

Source:
    My #1 World DPS Garrosh kill on WoL

MY #2 World DPS Garrosh kill on WCL
    (note WCL doesn't count MC damage, so the BS damage is actually higher than what you see, why I linked WoL first)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Bladestorm is by far the best talent. That fight was nearly designed for it and best of all; none of it is "padding". It honestly isn't even a competition.

While I understand progression = less focus on damage and more focus on mechanics, such as interrupts; I garuntee there are better places to pick up extra stun/interrupt utility that your raid is not considering; ex: Tanks, Capacitor Totem, etc.

Most classes have atleast one interrupt and a stun of some sort, Warriors alone can AoE interrupt the first cast on all three targets and Storm Bolt a second, even Leap and Charge for a third!
    If you are having issues with the interrupts I am certain you can swap the groups around a bit and make it work, its about both interrupting ability and balanced enough damage so groups aren't up too long (general rule is die before 3rd cast).
    We carry a (dead) buyer each week and still manage to get all the interrupts/damage necessary, which is harder than you'd think even with gear.

The damage of Bladestorm MORE than makes up for the slight utility loss. It utterly destroys both Phase 1 adds and Intermission 1 adds, it annihilates Intermission 2 adds is the #1 MC breaker ability for that fight. It also is not a Single Target loss, so it doesn't hamper you through the non AoE portions of the fight. Win-Win-Win.

TLDR: Tell your Officer he is mistaken and should leave you to what you do best.

Source:
    My #1 World DPS Garrosh kill on WoL

MY #2 World DPS Garrosh kill on WCL
    (note WCL doesn't count MC damage, so the BS damage is actually higher than what you see, why I linked WoL first)
    Thank you very much for the post, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post

While I understand progression = less focus on damage and more focus on mechanics, such as interrupts; I garuntee there are better places to pick up extra stun/interrupt utility that your raid is not considering; ex: Tanks, Capacitor Totem, etc.

Do what we did, have warriors use Blitz, charge stun all 3 on first cast, aoe interrupt 2nd, and by then they should all be dead. EASY

Quote Originally Posted by Lyricals View Post
    This and I used DR on progression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If you are AOE'ign adds in P1 you are doing it VERY wrong.
    I see

/10char

Bladestorm, no debate unless your weapon is like Flex for some reason, then DR might be better.

Deleted
    Given the smart-ass reply I feel I should elaborate. The adds during P1 will take enough damage from inadvertent cleaves. All you have to do is get them to 50% so the iron star will kill them. If you are actively AOE'ing the adds you are losing dps on Garrosh, and you should be pushing into 1st transition before the 2nd iron star comes out (note: 2nd iron star will still spawn cuz of RP time most of the time, but that next wolf rider should not spawn. If he does your raid dps is low)
    You do realize that Bladestorm is "inadvertent cleave", right? If you have an ele shaman spamming chain/beam or a warlock using fire&brimstone, they are losing more single target damage than you are.

If you are AOE'ign adds in P1 you are doing it VERY wrong. DR isn't very good, as shockwave is MUCH better for the fight. It allows you to stun adds 1st transition, and help take care of all MCs throughout the fight (which is a much more important mechanic). The only thing bladestorm is good for is killing the adds during 2nd transition, but even then its very risky cuz of the shit ton of whirls that are gonna hit you in melee during that part.
    Yeah this is not true at all and my guess is you don't play a Warrior.

Bladestorm is a passive Cleave for all intents and purposes. It is a single target damage increase over the normal rotation, assuming you aren't skipping CS to do it, which you should never have to.
    It is by far the best burst AoE damage in the game, only comparable to Lava Beam and some heavy Warlock Procs. Difference is it doesn't have to rely on procs or a long CD.
    So whether or not the damage needs to be done to the adds, or there are adds at all, the talent is a single target damage increase higher than Dragon Roar and much higher than Shockwave.

Likewise as was said before, those Ele Shamans and other classes are losing DPS to AoE whereas the Warrior is increasing his Single Target damage. So really, if you wanted to conserve Single Target damage on Garrosh, you would tell the Warriors to Bladestorm and the other classes to ST.

As for your scenario; the first set of adds are always overkilled. The second set not so much. Even in my raid the second set of adds usually hit 50% right after my Bladestorm ends, which doesn't really make it wasted at all, granted we do carry a buyer each week so that would be a bit of extra damage on them.
    You should also have plenty of stuns to handle the adds without having to sacrifice the massive amount of damage you lose from taking Shockwave. We use Capacitor and Shadowfury.

Bladestorm also shines in many other situations where Shockwave does not:

First, the adds in Intermission 1, I can cleave all three down to around half health with one Bladestorm, this makes my group the ideal group to sit our dead buyer in, or in your cases put the weaker DPS/healer in.

Second, Bladestorm is the best MC breaker bar none:
    • The cooldown lines up perfectly,
    • The damage is very effective without leaving DoTs (Mage/Shaman/Deepwounds),
    • Can still interrupt all the MC's using Disrupting Shout during Bladestorm,
    • It doesn't stun; which can be a large DPS loss for them after breaking out (why most guilds put a ban on Stuns and Ring of Peace during MC).

Third, on the Second Intermission, I can clearly tell you don't know much about Warriors, because Bladestorm makes us immune to Fear effects, as does Berserker Rage.
    The correct way to deal with the intermission would be to get everything up top, pop defensive CD's, and Bladestorm with BzR to extend Enrage/Fear immunity.
    The defensive CDs are there in case your BzR wears off before the adds die, even if you were to get feared, the combined damage reduction of DStance, DbtS and SW makes you take virtually no damage, also DbtS ensures that if you do pull aggro you won't get melee'd to death. There really is no other time to use your defensives in that fight until the last phase anyways as DStance alone can carry you through most tight spots.

Bladestorm shines even more once you have Empowered MC's which need extra damage to be broken out, and cannot be stunned even if you raid wouldn't castrate you for doing so.

Lastly in the final phase of Heroic Garrosh, I've found Bladestorm very useful to use while moving in and out of the stack for Malice, or while moving Garrosh across the room without losing uptime.

TLDR: You my friend, are the one "doing it VERY wrong"; Shockwave is perhaps the worst talent you can use on that fight for many reasons, and you should leave the Warrior-ing to the experts.

Have a nice day and thank you for visiting the Warrior forums.