Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Best Classes for Duel ATM?

    Hi want to make some golds with dueling and can you MMO Champions recomment the best Classes for Duel at the moment and what makes them so great?

    Also be sure to note counter classes, like for Example Class A is good in duels, but class B is good against Class A in particular.

    Sidequestiosn what is better for PvP Heroik raid gear or PvP Gear?
    Capitalism, Ho!

  2. #2
    WW Monk. Though you'll get this thread locked because 'pick my class' threads are not allowed. Which I find silly, but hope you get some replies before it's locked.

  3. #3
    Mage as always is best in any form of pvp, be it duels or anything else.

    They counter everything, so obviously they have no counters themselves.

  4. #4
    Mage is hardcountered by hunter.
    Hunter is hardcountered by boomkin/demo/affliction/elemental.
    WW is hardcountered by ret pala (very hard hardcountered).
    Feral is hardcountered by fire mage.

    Other than that, the 4 abovementioned classes are the best generally for duels.

  5. #5
    WW is hardcountered by ret pala (very hard hardcountered).
    thats something i never understood... in theory a ww monks should beat a ret pala but in reality the only class(if good played) my ret pala has a good chance against are ww monks.
    i would go for rogue. if you are using all CDs right only good mages should be a problem. (not counting tank specs)

  6. #6
    All classes are good in duels. If you are no good at playing them then it doesn't matter what you choose.

    Skill>Gear>Class

  7. #7
    Windwalker monk! Great for dueling, can easily win against most healers.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    WW is hardcountered by ret pala (very hard hardcountered).
    In duels a WW is also hard countered by Mages and Hunters. A Hunter can actually win without even getting hit if they play right, regardless of how good the Monk is.

    Duels have no LoS, they're almost always in the open, this gives ranged kiting classes a massive advantage. With no pillars to hide behind melee DPS will just be running in circles.

    I'd say if it's in duels then the best class is probably Hunter. If you're going to be doing 1v1 wargames in arenas, then WW Monks will be the strongest by far.

  9. #9
    Banned Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,457
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned Rogue. I personally think Rogues do very well against WW Monks despite the popular belief that WW Monk counters Sub. The only real counter to Rogue to me are Hunters, Ferals and Unholy Death Knights. Other than those specs, I feel that Rogues have all the tools to deal with in any type situation.

    And nobody mentioned Warlocks either? Seriously? The entire class is built like a caster tank but is a pure dps class. I feel like every time I fight a Warlock, I have to go through layers and layers of defensive cool downs, self healing and CC before I can even be a real threat to them.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    In duels a WW is also hard countered by Mages and Hunters. A Hunter can actually win without even getting hit if they play right, regardless of how good the Monk is.

    Duels have no LoS, they're almost always in the open, this gives ranged kiting classes a massive advantage. With no pillars to hide behind melee DPS will just be running in circles.

    I'd say if it's in duels then the best class is probably Hunter. If you're going to be doing 1v1 wargames in arenas, then WW Monks will be the strongest by far.
    You never duelled in Elwynn forest? Lots of trees and houses....not using your environment is really stupid as a melee spec.

    Also, i doubt that claim that ret palas do hardcounter WW monks......i would like to see some proof for this. Afaik, Ret palas are extincted, cause simply, they are THAT bad.

    Also², i wonder how not to catch a hunter as a WW monk, so many gap closers and speed enhancing skills, + pillars to use and reg hp/avoid dmg.

    I'd say ww monk all the way, its just godmode for duels and x vs more as well, you see that in arenas where everything is toned down and all mates are dead, too often.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    You never duelled in Elwynn forest? Lots of trees and houses....not using your environment is really stupid as a melee spec.
    It's an unwritten rule to not LoS people in duels.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    It's an unwritten rule to not LoS people in duels.
    I saw mists Duels of Cobrak and Reinhard and someone else top tier Players they los each other a lot.



    OT: What abut Blood DK is that any good? I had great success with it at Mists early seasons.

    ALso don'T pls forget the Gear question: which is better pvp 550 gear or Heroic Raid gear ~~574?
    Capitalism, Ho!

  13. #13
    Bloodsail Admiral WillFeral's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Bend
    Posts
    1,009
    Umm right now it's the fotm op faceroll warrior...a cat with no legs,blind in both eyes,asleep and plays with no monitor or mouse (no pun intended) can kill anything with little effort.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    I saw mists Duels of Cobrak and Reinhard and someone else top tier Players they los each other a lot.



    OT: What abut Blood DK is that any good? I had great success with it at Mists early seasons.



    ALso don'T pls forget the Gear question: which is better pvp 550 gear or Heroic Raid gear ~~574?

    For duels high end pve gear will always be better than any pvp gear
    Here come the Irish.

  14. #14
    Mage because the only thing you can't beat is a good hunter or resto druid honestly.

  15. #15
    Ferals are still super strong in duels if you're allowed HotW.. it basically makes you unkillable for a lot of classes. Only struggle against Rogues (if they are allowed LoS), Destro Locks and maybe UH DKs.. everything else is pretty one sided.

    Rogues are good against a lot of specs. Hunters are reasonably strong but have a lot of counters, the same with Mages.. really strong but simply can't win against some specs.

    Any from Windwalker, Feral, Rogue, Mage, Hunter would be a good choice. You have to learn how to play against each class though.

  16. #16
    Old God apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    10,785
    Quote Originally Posted by worstpvperus View Post
    Mage because the only thing you can't beat is a good hunter or resto druid honestly.
    Ele Shamans counter mages hard.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  17. #17
    I'd defntly say WW or Feral

  18. #18

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Ele Shamans counter mages hard.
    Not really you deep them they trinket then you wait and silence + deep them with orb and icicles. The mage can win that one hunters on the other hand only lose if they have downz.

  20. #20
    What is so good about WW in duels? I got owned by an ele shaman with much worse gear, but confess I am clueless about WW and PVP in general (my somewhat neglected monk alt is main spec PVE BrM).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •