On-topic, I'll have to agree with everyone else in this thread, WW or Feral for duels is the way to go. Both have a ton of self-healing and huge defensive cd's.
1. Hunter - for duels I run a fun spec - powershot+glyph of no escape (the one that gives 100% crit chance on trapped targets). I trap the monk and do powershot+chimera shot - monk is instantly at 40% health at the start of the duel just from that. Powershot sends him so far away that he can't get karma on you or the pet. Totally helpless if the hunter plays well.
2. Frost mage - karma the mage - ice block, karma the pet - dismiss and respawn the pet, no matter what the monk does, if the mage is good he can win with 100% health. Fire mage can do it too.
3. Ret pala - another class that can beat the monk with 100% health easily. You can kite a WW all day long with judgment and freedom and whatnot. All damage can be easily outhealed with instant flash of light and prism, because the monk has very little uptime on you. Whenever he gets close stun and continue kiting or burst depending on monk's cds. Each 30s the monk eats a stun, on the 3rd or so he's usually dead because of no cds left to break it. Bubble on karma if you want to win faster, else just kite more and repeat.
4. Destro lock - not a definitive win, but easy for the lock if he uses the proper setup and pet.
5. Feral druid - contrary to popular belief a feral can kite bleed a monk to death with roots and typhoon. This is rarer, because most ferals aren't quite smart in duels vs monks and try to stay in melee and die quite fast.
6. Combat rogue - this one counters WW too, not the easiest fight for the rogue, but usually the monk dies during the 3rd 8 sec kidney. Even sub can kill WW, but this is more 50/50, while combat is more like a counter.
In an arena duel, mage, hunter and lock have no chance really. The monk can pillar kite and eat spheres and kill them eventually. However ret and rogue will still beat the monk even in arena, because they can pillar kite too to a greater advantage.
Discipline Priest and MW monk ... You won't die and you can still do some decent dmg. Other healers can't win duels. Also, why noone has mentioned tanks? Try to kill a Guardian druid or Blood DK 1v1 ...
- - - Updated - - -
- - - Updated - - -
Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-03-11 at 08:36 AM.
WW and Feral are both very hard to master, so maybe that's why you own them in most situations, becouse you usualy face the majority of them, which can't play their spec with its full potential.
Hunter in a casual hands is probably the best 1v1 dps class right now.
Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-03-11 at 12:46 PM.
I'd pick a hunter for duels. There's not much to hide behind and Stampede does full damage in WPvP.
EU first PG wave 30, come at me bros.
Last edited by Skarssen; 2014-03-11 at 03:49 PM.
WW is definitely an amazing duelling class, tons of instant self heals and control.
Warlocks Mages and Hunters are all also extremely good, particularly Destro Frost and BM.
Not sure where you guys are getting all this about easily countering WW, must be playing some mongoloid monks.
Demo Warlock > everything else for duels.