Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    What is so good about WW in duels? I got owned by an ele shaman with much worse gear, but confess I am clueless about WW and PVP in general (my somewhat neglected monk alt is main spec PVE BrM).
    They have touch of karma and really good mobility. Also a lot of cc like stuns, disarms as well as pretty good off healing.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    What is so good about WW in duels? I got owned by an ele shaman with much worse gear, but confess I am clueless about WW and PVP in general (my somewhat neglected monk alt is main spec PVE BrM).
    Good self healing, a ton of defensive cooldowns, touch of karma reflects damage and is an immunity, you have snares as a WW monk, and tons and tons of mobility. Oh, and a few stuns too.

  3. #23
    Stood in the Fire Vholu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    current
    Posts
    357
    I'm going to be unique and self-loving so... Unholy DK!

  4. #24
    Field Marshal Rekuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by vholu View Post
    I'm going to be unique and self-loving so... Unholy DK!
    You're also very wrong, DK is nowhere near the best class when it comes to 1v1 scenarios. Sorry for being boring
    On-topic, I'll have to agree with everyone else in this thread, WW or Feral for duels is the way to go. Both have a ton of self-healing and huge defensive cd's.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    You never duelled in Elwynn forest? Lots of trees and houses....not using your environment is really stupid as a melee spec.

    Also, i doubt that claim that ret palas do hardcounter WW monks......i would like to see some proof for this. Afaik, Ret palas are extincted, cause simply, they are THAT bad.

    Also², i wonder how not to catch a hunter as a WW monk, so many gap closers and speed enhancing skills, + pillars to use and reg hp/avoid dmg.

    I'd say ww monk all the way, its just godmode for duels and x vs more as well, you see that in arenas where everything is toned down and all mates are dead, too often.
    WW is not godmode, sorry to burst your bubble. I've had hilarious experiences dueling them on several classes.

    1. Hunter - for duels I run a fun spec - powershot+glyph of no escape (the one that gives 100% crit chance on trapped targets). I trap the monk and do powershot+chimera shot - monk is instantly at 40% health at the start of the duel just from that. Powershot sends him so far away that he can't get karma on you or the pet. Totally helpless if the hunter plays well.

    2. Frost mage - karma the mage - ice block, karma the pet - dismiss and respawn the pet, no matter what the monk does, if the mage is good he can win with 100% health. Fire mage can do it too.

    3. Ret pala - another class that can beat the monk with 100% health easily. You can kite a WW all day long with judgment and freedom and whatnot. All damage can be easily outhealed with instant flash of light and prism, because the monk has very little uptime on you. Whenever he gets close stun and continue kiting or burst depending on monk's cds. Each 30s the monk eats a stun, on the 3rd or so he's usually dead because of no cds left to break it. Bubble on karma if you want to win faster, else just kite more and repeat.

    4. Destro lock - not a definitive win, but easy for the lock if he uses the proper setup and pet.

    5. Feral druid - contrary to popular belief a feral can kite bleed a monk to death with roots and typhoon. This is rarer, because most ferals aren't quite smart in duels vs monks and try to stay in melee and die quite fast.

    6. Combat rogue - this one counters WW too, not the easiest fight for the rogue, but usually the monk dies during the 3rd 8 sec kidney. Even sub can kill WW, but this is more 50/50, while combat is more like a counter.

    In an arena duel, mage, hunter and lock have no chance really. The monk can pillar kite and eat spheres and kill them eventually. However ret and rogue will still beat the monk even in arena, because they can pillar kite too to a greater advantage.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    WW is not godmode, sorry to burst your bubble. I've had hilarious experiences dueling them on several classes.

    1. Hunter - for duels I run a fun spec - powershot+glyph of no escape (the one that gives 100% crit chance on trapped targets). I trap the monk and do powershot+chimera shot - monk is instantly at 40% health at the start of the duel just from that. Powershot sends him so far away that he can't get karma on you or the pet. Totally helpless if the hunter plays well.

    2. Frost mage - karma the mage - ice block, karma the pet - dismiss and respawn the pet, no matter what the monk does, if the mage is good he can win with 100% health. Fire mage can do it too.

    3. Ret pala - another class that can beat the monk with 100% health easily. You can kite a WW all day long with judgment and freedom and whatnot. All damage can be easily outhealed with instant flash of light and prism, because the monk has very little uptime on you. Whenever he gets close stun and continue kiting or burst depending on monk's cds. Each 30s the monk eats a stun, on the 3rd or so he's usually dead because of no cds left to break it. Bubble on karma if you want to win faster, else just kite more and repeat.

    4. Destro lock - not a definitive win, but easy for the lock if he uses the proper setup and pet.

    5. Feral druid - contrary to popular belief a feral can kite bleed a monk to death with roots and typhoon. This is rarer, because most ferals aren't quite smart in duels vs monks and try to stay in melee and die quite fast.

    6. Combat rogue - this one counters WW too, not the easiest fight for the rogue, but usually the monk dies during the 3rd 8 sec kidney. Even sub can kill WW, but this is more 50/50, while combat is more like a counter.

    In an arena duel, mage, hunter and lock have no chance really. The monk can pillar kite and eat spheres and kill them eventually. However ret and rogue will still beat the monk even in arena, because they can pillar kite too to a greater advantage.
    You are playing some very crappy monks I think in duels if these strategies work so well. Except for the ret pally. They are nearly impossible to bring down as a WW. Your hunter strategy for example doesn't take into account things like zen med, the damage reduction talents, and their ability to close that gap between you and the monk very quickly.

  7. #27
    Pandaren Monk Mukki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ANC! ANC! ANC!
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    You are playing some very crappy monks I think in duels if these strategies work so well. Except for the ret pally. They are nearly impossible to bring down as a WW. Your hunter strategy for example doesn't take into account things like zen med, the damage reduction talents, and their ability to close that gap between you and the monk very quickly.
    He also seems to completely disregard a good monk's ability to self-heal with orbs.

  8. #28
    Discipline Priest and MW monk ... You won't die and you can still do some decent dmg. Other healers can't win duels. Also, why noone has mentioned tanks? Try to kill a Guardian druid or Blood DK 1v1 ...

  9. #29
    Warchief MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    All classes are good in duels. If you are no good at playing them then it doesn't matter what you choose.

    Skill>Gear>Class
    This is cute and optimistic. Sadly not anywhere near realistic :/
    Epic!

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    You are playing some very crappy monks I think in duels if these strategies work so well. Except for the ret pally. They are nearly impossible to bring down as a WW. Your hunter strategy for example doesn't take into account things like zen med, the damage reduction talents, and their ability to close that gap between you and the monk very quickly.
    By saying the monk was trapped, I meant frozen by freezing trap, sorry if that wasn't clear. They cannot use anything while frozen - neither zen med, nor their 20% damage reduction ability. And with the glyph of no escape all abilities crit on frozen targets, so powershot and chimera both crit, chimera snares and powershot knocks back. After the knockback the monk is 40yards away or more, then I can kite him from max range with concussive

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    You are playing some very crappy monks I think in duels if these strategies work so well. Except for the ret pally. They are nearly impossible to bring down as a WW. Your hunter strategy for example doesn't take into account things like zen med, the damage reduction talents, and their ability to close that gap between you and the monk very quickly.
    If you snare a monk on rolls they will stop mid roll you can root them during serpent kick and as long u just stay out of para range not much the monk can do honestly. Hunters have widows venom and a ridiculous amount of instant cc to stop the monk from touching them it not hard to max range a monk as a hunter. I duel 2200+ monk on my mage all the time and win. My hunter has no gear and I have no motivation to gear him up and spamming bg's undergeared is cancer. The only time i lose to monks is arena or when I roll arcane for the lulz.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    He also seems to completely disregard a good monk's ability to self-heal with orbs.
    Orbs don't mean anything if I take 100% to 0% of the monks hp in an alter time + deep + orb.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Discipline Priest and MW monk ... You won't die and you can still do some decent dmg. Other healers can't win duels. Also, why noone has mentioned tanks? Try to kill a Guardian druid or Blood DK 1v1 ...
    Resto druids can... and last season mistweaver could do some really mean dps not sure about this season tho.
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-03-11 at 08:36 AM.

  12. #32
    WW and Feral are both very hard to master, so maybe that's why you own them in most situations, becouse you usualy face the majority of them, which can't play their spec with its full potential.
    Hunter in a casual hands is probably the best 1v1 dps class right now.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    WW and Feral are both very hard to master, so maybe that's why you own them in most situations, becouse you usualy face the majority of them, which can't play their spec with its full potential.
    Hunter in a casual hands is probably the best 1v1 dps class right now.
    I beat 2200+ ferals on my mage all the time because ferals are limited as shit all they do is just spam damage and power shift . WW monks are harder to play for sure but they don't have half the tool kit of a hunter. Hunters are one of the easiest classes to play but the hardest to master because of there utility and how much stuff they can do to make you say "fuck that guy".
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-03-11 at 12:46 PM.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by worstpvperus View Post
    I duel 2200+ monk on my mage all the time and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by worstpvperus View Post
    I beat 2200+ ferals on my mage all the time because ferals are limited as shit all they do is just spam damage and power shift .
    I've been wondering who the best dueler is!

  15. #35
    I'd pick a hunter for duels. There's not much to hide behind and Stampede does full damage in WPvP.
    EU first PG wave 30, come at me bros.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    It's an unwritten rule to not LoS people in duels.
    LOL.

    Okay, Ill stop LoS when ranged classes agree to stay in melee range the entire fight.

    Also, never played a WW or ret, so I am completely oblivious as to why ret counters WW so well. I honestly can't think of anything that would give the ret such an advantage.
    Last edited by Skarssen; 2014-03-11 at 03:49 PM.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    I've been wondering who the best dueler is!
    I am shit just saying that mages are a strong duel class. Playing a mage correctly in duels takes the brain power of a small rodent. They only really lose to hunters... and can turtle it out versus everything else.

  18. #38
    WW is definitely an amazing duelling class, tons of instant self heals and control.

    Warlocks Mages and Hunters are all also extremely good, particularly Destro Frost and BM.

    Not sure where you guys are getting all this about easily countering WW, must be playing some mongoloid monks.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by squid View Post
    WW is definitely an amazing duelling class, tons of instant self heals and control.

    Warlocks Mages and Hunters are all also extremely good, particularly Destro Frost and BM.

    Not sure where you guys are getting all this about easily countering WW, must be playing some mongoloid monks.
    No windwalker monks have some of the most counter able mechanics in game. They don't get auto targeting on there mobility like warriors. They can be cc'd during there stuns like fist of fury. Touch of karma their main defensive cool down can be stop with immunities more classes should function like them honestly.

  20. #40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •