Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Demo Warlock > everything else for duels.
    Not really just cc them and pop defensive during there ham.

  2. #42
    Warlock is really fun to play with for duels.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Demo Warlock > everything else for duels.
    I don't think this has been true since the imp nerf.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    You never duelled in Elwynn forest? Lots of trees and houses....not using your environment is really stupid as a melee spec.

    Also, i doubt that claim that ret palas do hardcounter WW monks......i would like to see some proof for this. Afaik, Ret palas are extincted, cause simply, they are THAT bad.

    Also², i wonder how not to catch a hunter as a WW monk, so many gap closers and speed enhancing skills, + pillars to use and reg hp/avoid dmg.

    I'd say ww monk all the way, its just godmode for duels and x vs more as well, you see that in arenas where everything is toned down and all mates are dead, too often.
    The vast majority of duels have no LoS. Any Hunter that isn't literally retarded will beat a WW in a duel, because they can kite forever. WW mobility has a long CD, and Hunters have a ton of ways to get away. Scatter -> Trap -> Disengage -> Conc Shot -> Wyvern Sting -> etc. and if you do catch up they'll just Deter. In arenas you can LoS and heal all day, in duels you can't. WW are strong for sure, and can beat most classes, but Hunters are 100% not one of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    You are playing some very crappy monks I think in duels if these strategies work so well. Except for the ret pally. They are nearly impossible to bring down as a WW. Your hunter strategy for example doesn't take into account things like zen med, the damage reduction talents, and their ability to close that gap between you and the monk very quickly.
    Why would you talk when you have literally no idea what you're talking about? People like you annoy me greatly.

    Zen med? You mean the skill that is 100% literally completely and utterly useless in that situation because the damage comes while he's trapped. On top of that, Zen Med breaks on physical damage, which is both a pet and the Hunter himself, so the 90% reduction would be useless at any other point in the fight as well. Their damage reduction talents? You mean Dampen Harm, the skill that only reduces attacks that deal more than 20% of your total health, and only works for 3 attacks, and has a 1.5min CD? And they'll never close the gap against any half decent Hunter. They'll use Flying Serpent Kick, the Hunter will Disengage, the Monk will Roll 2x and then get Conc Shot and slowed while the Hunter kites in circles.

  5. #45
    From personal experience I can say, that retri paladin is not counter for ww monk. WW monk will give a hard duel and can beat retri paladin.

  6. #46
    Field Marshal GareBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    My Head
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Zen med? You mean the skill that is 100% literally completely and utterly useless in that situation because the damage comes while he's trapped. On top of that, Zen Med breaks on physical damage, which is both a pet and the Hunter himself, so the 90% reduction would be useless at any other point in the fight as well. Their damage reduction talents? You mean Dampen Harm, the skill that only reduces attacks that deal more than 20% of your total health, and only works for 3 attacks, and has a 1.5min CD? And they'll never close the gap against any half decent Hunter. They'll use Flying Serpent Kick, the Hunter will Disengage, the Monk will Roll 2x and then get Conc Shot and slowed while the Hunter kites in circles.
    Zen med may be canceled from a physical attack, but that one attack will be reduced from the med (with proper timing, and assuming you aren't cced, you can nullify a large hit). Tiger's lust can break root/snare and provides a sprint, and nimble brew can break stun/root/fear and reduces those effects by 60%.

    If the monk is desperate for a heal, he can always use the pet for chi wave/ energizing brew for spam orbs (its not a whole lot but better than nothing).

    Flying serpent kick takes some practice but can be very effective as a gap closer or for creating distance. Monk disarm is also a 40 yard range.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by GareBear View Post
    Zen med may be canceled from a physical attack, but that one attack will be reduced from the med (with proper timing, and assuming you aren't cced, you can nullify a large hit). Tiger's lust can break root/snare and provides a sprint, and nimble brew can break stun/root/fear and reduces those effects by 60%.

    If the monk is desperate for a heal, he can always use the pet for chi wave/ energizing brew for spam orbs (its not a whole lot but better than nothing).

    Flying serpent kick takes some practice but can be very effective as a gap closer or for creating distance. Monk disarm is also a 40 yard range.
    He gets to stop one of the hunters chimera maybe... that monk is totally safe now. Widows venom, silence shot, and binding shot say hi. You can just snare them on tiger lust and make it useless. I can just resnare him on nimble. Hunters have glaive toss, concussive toss, chimera shot snare, as well as the root on disengage. The hunter can master's call roots off and put his pet in front of him to stop spinning blossoms. I can root and snare flying serpent kick.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by GareBear View Post
    Zen med may be canceled from a physical attack, but that one attack will be reduced from the med (with proper timing, and assuming you aren't cced, you can nullify a large hit). Tiger's lust can break root/snare and provides a sprint, and nimble brew can break stun/root/fear and reduces those effects by 60%.

    If the monk is desperate for a heal, he can always use the pet for chi wave/ energizing brew for spam orbs (its not a whole lot but better than nothing).

    Flying serpent kick takes some practice but can be very effective as a gap closer or for creating distance. Monk disarm is also a 40 yard range.
    I'm aware of how the skills work, I'm 2k in 3s on my Monk. Zen Med will be useless against anyone with half a brain. Tiger's Lust has a longer CD than Disengage, meaning if they take the root talent you'll still be rooted every other time, and the sprint isn't a freedom, meaning you'll just get Conc Shot and still not catch anything. Nimble Brew is useless against Hunters, you can break a root I guess, but they have no stuns or fears, and roots aren't really the problem, it's the fact that they can slow you from range nonstop.

    If you can't LoS then the healing is useless you'll just get torn apart through it, it's nowhere near enough to help you unless you can hide for a while, and on top of that it still doesn't help you actually catch the Hunter. Flying Serpent Kick is useless against anyone with half a brain, and Disarm is helpful for a few seconds but you still won't actually catch up.

    Conc Shot, Scatter, Freezing Trap, Wyvern, Explosive Trap, Disengage is 6 skills to keep you at range, compared to Roll x2, Flying Serpent Kick, and Paralysis to let you catch up. So not counting pets, you still have less gap closes than he has gap creators.

    If a Monk wins a duel against a Hunter it's because the Hunter was absolute garbage, no other reason. In arenas it's different, but in duels it's impossible for a Monk to win unless the Hunter is either AFK or playing with one hand. Simple as that.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I'm aware of how the skills work, I'm 2k in 3s on my Monk. Zen Med will be useless against anyone with half a brain. Tiger's Lust has a longer CD than Disengage, meaning if they take the root talent you'll still be rooted every other time, and the sprint isn't a freedom, meaning you'll just get Conc Shot and still not catch anything. Nimble Brew is useless against Hunters, you can break a root I guess, but they have no stuns or fears, and roots aren't really the problem
    so if a root isn't the problem, why would you mention it?
    You seem to be contradicting yourself here.

    Monks have plenty of gap closers and once they see you pop your CD's, ToK. Simple as though. The monk still has other CD's to eat you.

    You seem to trivialize how easy it is to take down a monk, but like others -- I question your seriousness. This isn't to say a hunter can't -- you just seem to pawn it off as it's super easy, which it isn't -- and as such I question your experience. Monks are not as easy to take down as you seem to imply them to be.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    so if a root isn't the problem, why would you mention it?
    You seem to be contradicting yourself here.

    Monks have plenty of gap closers and once they see you pop your CD's, ToK. Simple as though. The monk still has other CD's to eat you.

    You seem to trivialize how easy it is to take down a monk, but like others -- I question your seriousness. This isn't to say a hunter can't -- you just seem to pawn it off as it's super easy, which it isn't -- and as such I question your experience. Monks are not as easy to take down as you seem to imply them to be.
    Roots aren't a problem, the problem is Conc Shot and Disengage sprint. It isn't a contradiction, I mention roots because he mentioned Tiger's Lust, but roots aren't the biggest problem.

    Monks have 3 gap closers, 2x Roll, Flying Serpent Kick and Paralysis. Hunters have 6 skills to create distance, Explosive Trap, Scatter Shot, Wyvern Sting, Freezing Trap, Disengage, and Concussive Shot, plus a pet CC depending on the pet, but even without it they'll be fine. So your "plenty" of gap closers don't seem to be anywhere near enough. And if ToK does anything to you then you're just retarded, sure it's 8 seconds where the Monk takes no damage, but you can just Deter 2x and he does no damage to you either, and then Disengage and walk away from him.

    I'm trivializing it in this situation, because it's absurdly trivial. Even the dumbest of Hunters will beat a Monk in an open duel. It truly is that simple. Monks are very easy to take down when they can't hit the target because they can't generate Tigerseye Brew and can't heal for very much without it. To try and say otherwise just shows ignorance, pretty sure I've explained multiple times why Hunters completely destroy Monks, and all anyone can seem to say is "Monks have mobility!!!" or "Monks can healz!!!" neither of which are in any way relevant and I've countered both of those things already. Getting bored.

  11. #51
    The Hunter <> WW Monk quarrel has gone too long now. Post Images of how you won a Duel on either of those vs the other and also won Gold form that Duel or your arguments are irrelevant.
    Capitalism, Ho!

  12. #52
    Bloodsail Admiral Wayne25uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maltby,Rotherham
    Posts
    1,008
    How can you earn gold in Duels?

  13. #53
    Bloodsail Admiral palladish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    All classes are good in duels. If you are no good at playing them then it doesn't matter what you choose.

    Skill>Gear>Class
    not sheriff serious

  14. #54
    Field Marshal Mohyoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    54
    Hunter is hardcountered by boomkin/demo/affliction/elemental.
    you are joking right?>

    Hunter is by far the best class in duelz right now!! The constant "second wind" heal its just tooo strong without battle fatigue, + the CS and disengage heal there is no chance a dot class will ever kill a hunt in duelz unless as some dude mentioned above
    the hunt has downz
    Not really you deep them they trinket then you wait and silence + deep them with orb and icicles
    shaman has Shamanistic Rage for 2nd deep making it uselss, if u blank silence him he will heal to full and the fact that he can dot both mage and water ele means loads of instan lava bursts, so shamy actually hard counter mage.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Ferals are still super strong in duels if you're allowed HotW.. it basically makes you unkillable for a lot of classes. Only struggle against Rogues (if they are allowed LoS), Destro Locks and maybe UH DKs.. everything else is pretty one sided.

    Rogues are good against a lot of specs. Hunters are reasonably strong but have a lot of counters, the same with Mages.. really strong but simply can't win against some specs.

    Any from Windwalker, Feral, Rogue, Mage, Hunter would be a good choice. You have to learn how to play against each class though.

    uh... in cata seasion 11(last) when rogue legendary daggers and good trinkets were availible, the best rogue of my server (aegwynn EU, alliance) duelled against some feral in front of sw.

    He used houses to los and every trick he knows.

    He lost all duells while the feral admitted the rogue played way better than him.

    So, now with rogues at a weakened state(i play one and feel they are ok now, but seasion11 was their highest peek) you consider a rogue, actually a counter to a feral? Seriously? fairy fire anyone?

    I tell you its even hard to catch a feral with burst of speed, i tried it once the dude is so fast its unreal while his hots are ticking. Rogues don't kill ferals, and frost mages will deal with them too - as well as monks.

    WW monks are by very far the strongest spec in duels no competition here. Few in numbers yet and some do not know how to play, but try duel one who knows his stuff. That retarded dmg, selfheal and mobility is enough to kill anything very easily in duells with the right gear and xp.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Demo Warlock > everything else for duels.
    Dks screw them without an effort in Duels. Had some against a competent demo lock, hard to lose hp actually if done right.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2014-03-13 at 12:37 PM.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    How can you earn gold in Duels?
    You bet ingame money and winner takes all.
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-03-13 at 02:00 PM.

  17. #57
    Brewmaster Alanar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to you..
    Posts
    1,459
    Spriest here...and losing aint a option so i rarely lose in duels.
    But honestly just go easy and go for ww/feral.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2014-03-14 at 08:09 PM.


  18. #58
    The Patient Trollfat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by worstpvperus View Post
    Not really you deep them they trinket then you wait and silence + deep them with orb and icicles. The mage can win that one hunters on the other hand only lose if they have downz.
    A skilled ele shammy should always beat a mage. Sham rage breaks magic effects (deep freeze). Together with grounding and wind shear, the mage won't put out nearly as much damage as the shaman. Purge ice barrier. Dot pet for more lava surges. There's so many ways ele can win. A good ele sham can also capacitor stun to draw your trinket, and then hex and heal up to full.
    You can use Raid Finder to join a 25-player raid for some of the most epic experiences World of Warcraft has to offer.

  19. #59
    Bloodsail Admiral WillFeral's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Bend
    Posts
    1,040
    It depends on what type of duels you are talking about.If everybody is terrible then its easily hunter because when the whole skill curve is low the easiest to play usually wins out and I would put warrior as a close second (remember i said everybody is terrible) because warrior dmg is so absurd and faceroll and the defensives they have are just as dumb.

    Now if everybody that is dueling is a skilled player then the easy answer is rogue since they can control the duel however they see fit and reset and open when they want to and a close second is ww monk due to their insane amount of stuns and burst dmg during these stuns and imba self healing (which is one reason Blizzard already said they are nerfing healing spheres).

    p.s. I would also like to add Demo locks to the skilled duels because they are very strong against ranged classes and even stronger against melee classes.They would come in at a very respectable 3rd place.
    Here come the Irish.

  20. #60
    I am Murloc! Gumboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    5,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    It's an unwritten rule to not LoS people in duels.
    Anyone that complains that I los in a duel usually goes straight on ignore. PvP is not something where you just stand there and take it in this game, that is why there are pillars in arena :P
    You're a towel.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •