Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

The 3 companies you hate the most?

Not sure what order these are in but here goes:

1. Electronic Arts..... quite likely the greediest tech company I know

2. HP .... Seems to enjoy pissing their customers off..... I say this because I had my HP ink refilled at Costco, and now I get pop-ups asking me if I am using counterfeit cartridges. My printer still works, but in trying to find out how to stop these pop-ups, I have read many people say their printers no longer work after using non HP ink..... I have another reason, but it would take way too long to type.

3. Microsoft..... Windows 8...... need I say more? But I will say more..... the plans they had for the new XBOX, until people revolted, made them change their plans. Not that I love Sony, but MSFT really helped Sony with MSFT trying to be so restrictive.

Turns out mine are all tech companies, but yours don't have to be...... so what are yours?

10+ Year Old Account
    1. IBM - Their primary business seems to be selling nearly worthless junk to idiot executives. That's all well and good, but sucks if you are forced to use their crap.
    2. Activision - Everything Blizzard has done in the last 5 years.
    3. Goldman Sachs - Being the poster child for how corrupt our government is.

Deleted
    I don't hate any, and I think it's a waste of energy doing so.

1. Activision
    2. Activision
    3. Activision
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

1. Comcast
    2. EA
    3. Activision
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    1. Activision
    2. Activision
    3. Activision
    I knew this would happen..... just didn't expect it in the first few posts.....

BTW, if I had Comcast, I would agree with whoever mentioned them...... We got rid of them about 5 years ago.... so happy we switched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any company making electronics. Imagine where we could be if they didn't cheese money out of products before releasing upgrades.
    Hi

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I only really hate one company and its EA. Greedy Bastards that shoot drm and first day dlc out of their ass and gut every single studio they buy, oh and they ban your online pass if you complain on their forums.

Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    But I will say more..... the plans they had for the new XBOX, until people revolted, made them change their plans. Not that I love Sony, but MSFT really helped Sony with MSFT trying to be so restrictive.
    just so you know... sony had THE SAME plans in mind.
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, you're using counterfeit ink. Some low quality inks from refills can actually harm the printer so it stops working.

As for companies I hate... I can't think of any off the top of my head. I guess any company that steals from its own employees.
    No, I am using alternative ink...... Counterfeit would mean that the ink was sold as original HP ink. That is not the case. And, the ink I use now looks every bit as good to me as HP ink at 1/2 the price.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I only really hate one company and its EA. Greedy Bastards that shoot drm and first day dlc out of their ass and gut every single studio they buy, oh and they ban your online pass if you complain on their forums.

Plus, I know that for Dungeon Keeper on iOS, they had a built in way to rate the game, but they only would post 5 star reviews to Apple..... so, if you wanted to give a one star review, like I did, you had to go through the Appstore.

Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    No, I am using alternative ink...... Counterfeit would mean that the ink was sold as original HP ink. That is not the case. And, the ink I use now looks every bit as good to me as HP ink at 1/2 the price.
    The majority of printer manufacturers profit comes from ink sales often printers are sold at a loss why do you think they should make it easy for you to use alternative ink?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koimagheul View Post
    just so you know... sony had THE SAME plans in mind.
    I think this is the big thing that people forget about the console war. Sony and Microsoft had similar ideas in mind but Sony kept that shit on the down low, changed it in secret and never let it become a problem, Microsoft screamed it from the rooftops and faced all of the backlash.

I really can't limit it to 3 :P

1. Walmart, even after image makeover (exploitive supply chain practices, anti-union rhetoric coupled with poor employee management practices)
    2. Apple -- products aren't bad, but they're not that great, either. Their fanbase is annoying, and Jobs' "vision" for the company was just overblown marketing. Also the guy was kindof a douche.
    3. Again, too many to list so I'll just put "whatever unholy marriage of capitalistic exploitation that gave birth to Dick Cheney, aka Satan" here. Because you know that guy did not spring forth from a actual human womb.

Not going to comment on video game companies but I think EA deserves their reputation.
    Last edited by Celista; 2014-03-09 at 10:20 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Plus, I know that for Dungeon Keeper on iOS, they had a built in way to rate the game, but they only would post 5 star reviews to Apple..... so, if you wanted to give a one star review, like I did, you had to go through the Appstore.
    Sounds like the EA I know and hate. I also heard that the game is near impossible unless you pay for extra stuff in it.

1. Activision
    2. EA
    3. Blizzard since they merged with Activision

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    1) EA
    2) Comcast
    3) Wal Mart

Deleted
    I hate the telecommunications company here in Sweden that I used to work for, because I've seen how they really treat their customers and how they train the customer service agents to be individualists who care more about their own paycheck than their customers best interest.

Not in any particular order. Most of mine are oil/gas companies, especially the ones who repeatedly get away with shit because they have infinite amounts of money to throw at cleaning up their public images, campaign contributions, etc. Which really includes.....pretty much all of them.

1. Apple
    2. ExxonMobil
    3. BP
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-03-09 at 10:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonga, Sports Direct and Nexus.

10+ Year Old Account
    My local regional electric company is prob one of the only ones I could say I feel I despise a bit. But it's an electric company, don't we all. Them and I'm moderately mad at Virgin Mobile right now.