They should debut both Elves for the new model previews

I can think of several reasons this would be a goo idea too.

Firstly, making gorgeous night elves may final stop the constnat crying for high elves, - (which is looking very likely for the next expansion as one of the inevitable sub-races...which they are very interested in doing, but which we have no idea which ones will come first.)

however with night elf models as nice as blood elf models, hopeful that will reduce the desire of alliance lovers craving blood elf models [which is imo, part of the reason for the massive crying for high elves) remember they did the blood elf models like 4years after the night elf model [so it's not that blood/high elves are prettier per-say, they got the newer models + a lot more time to focus on seeing that when they were being designedd they still hadn't decided on Draenei as next allinace race, and night leves were just one of 8 player races they were working on pre-launch) - So i think part of the desire for blood elf models is because human models were so bad (in particular the male ones) and night elf models were so old.

Everyone wants the shiny new thing, so naturally alliance fan boys craved the blood elf models, and knowing that high elves were a part of the alliance have been launching attempts to get that model for themselves by putting pressure on blizz and the community for playable high elves ever since. Something a gorgeous night lef model and decent male humans should significantly reduce.

Truth is Night elves and blood elves/high elves are very similar, they are both very eattractive, the night elves were introduced as the more exotic of the two even, i.e we would say the more attractive to off set the purple skin.

So with a model revamp, i'm thinking the best thing blizz can do, i s debut them together. they should be be very similar in appearance, with tehonly variations being their animations and obcviously skin/height/ears/hair/eyes - but I wouldn't be surpirsed if they both used the same faces for male and female.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2014-03-09 at 10:01 PM.

I have a sneaky feeling that if night elf models are equally pretty or even more gorgeous than blood elf modles, and human males look good, no one will care whether high elves make it as playable sub races for the expansion after woD: I bet you all my toons current gold

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I have a sneaky feeling that if night elf models are equally pretty or even more gorgeous than blood elf modles, and human males look good, no one will care whether high elves make it as playable sub races for the expansion after woD: I bet you all my toons current gold
    You'll lose that gold, too. The loudest minority on this forum that wants them so badly is after them as an alternative playable race that "isn't the same as the other Elves" so that's not really gonna work for them.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    You'll lose that gold, too. The loudest minority on this forum that wants them so badly is after them as an alternative playable race that "isn't the same as the other Elves" so that's not really gonna work for them.
    i was pretty sure they were just coveting their models becuase humans were so ugly in wow, and night elves were so outdated - i mean there will alwyas be the odd exception old fan that wants to roleplay a warcraft 2 version of the elves ofc, but most of the arguments i see on them elves comes down to wanting the blood elf model available on the alliance because of the sucky humans and dated night elves.

I think they use asking for a fresh look as an excuse to justify special attention given to develop that group as a playable race, and the reason they do that is because they can't imagine blizzard releasing a playable group as anything but a new race. Therefore they start constructing lengthy arguments as to why the group justifies that level of attention.. They've just wanted that model badly. I won't take the other guy's bet cos if it is as i supuspect, night elves and blood elves been designed togehter, they'll get their wish and they'll stop wanting alliance blood leves so badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    i was pretty sure they were just coveting their models becuase humans were so ugly in wow, and night elves were so outdated - i mean there will alwyas be the odd exception old fan that wants to roleplay a warcraft 2 version of the elves ofc, but most of the arguments i see on them elves comes down to wanting the blood elf model available on the alliance because of the sucky humans and dated night elves.

I think they use asking for a fresh look as an excuse to justify special attention given to develop that group as a playable race, and the reason they do that is because they can't imagine blizzard releasing a playable group as anything but a new race. Therefore they start constructing lengthy arguments as to why the group justifies that level of attention.. They've just wanted that model badly. I won't take the other guy's bet cos if it is as i supuspect, night elves and blood elves been designed togehter, they'll get their wish and they'll stop wanting alliance blood leves so badly.
    I doubt the people wanting playable high elves want "alliance blood elves", they want high elves, and if one sees this thread they will be sure to list all of the differences between them :P

Personally im very looking forward to female nelf models and male humans, their faces are so bad and some animations with gear look very silly. Hopefully too they will make male humans be able to pull off wearing a dress a bit better. You know, for the people that are into that shit. *cough*. I genuinely play a female human though, honest!

I'm not sure what you are shooting, but nightelfs aren't really similar to blood elfs..

It sounds more likely that you don't want that alliance rerollers in your vanilla horde :P
    Personally I think nightelfs will benefit more from the new models... but bloodelfs will look a lot better to, especially the male faces have a lot of room for improvement.
    So I would not bet my money on it if it, that it changes much.

They're gonna stick with the current silhouettes though, and currently male night elves simply look like steroid mutants. As a female player, the only remotely attractive playable male character is male blood elf. Male night elves, even if updated, won't be an alternative sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    I'm not sure what you are shooting, but nightelfs aren't really similar to blood elfs..

It sounds more likely that you don't want that alliance rerollers in your vanilla horde :P
    Personally I think nightelfs will benefit more from the new models... but bloodelfs will look a lot better to, especially the male faces have a lot of room for improvement.
    So I would not bet my money on it if it, that it changes much.
    Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Nightelfs are similar to trolls. Awkward isnt it...
    My name is what makes me so manly.

where is the logic in this?

night elves are not high elves, people who want high elves dont want to play night elves.

in fact id say a good portion of the people who want high elves dont even like night elves. the lore and personality of the two races are completely different.

they even look completely different.

the difference in quality between the night elf model and blood elf model isnt even noticible to most people, so it definitely isnt a quality thing.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I genuinely play a female human though, honest!
    Last edited by guamanxuanz; 2014-03-10 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    They're gonna stick with the current silhouettes though, and currently male night elves simply look like steroid mutants. As a female player, the only remotely attractive playable male character is male blood elf. Male night elves, even if updated, won't be an alternative sadly
    I feel this way too, which is bad news for you human males and night elf males, still going to be rubbish 0 those two were theones they needed to go as FAR away from the original as possible but are too pussy scared to do so, because they're two of the biggest races and blizzard doesn't take risks is why they're going to continue to be butt ugly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by guamanxuanz View Post
    I genuinely play a female human though, honest!
    human females are pwetty, always have been, and they will be.. the way i view these models, is not a model redo at all, it is the same model given more depth, theyd look better, not nicer cos the model isn't changing which really defeats the point of having an option to keep the old model.

oh blizz, why couudln't they have just ben bold like EQ 2 was, and eseentially remake the races a complete new character creation, more options like height, girth, musculature options etc, really done a proper job.. it's very similar effort you know cos they were rebuilding the models from scratch, except thhis time they chose to instead of new design, rebuild to the old design.. same amount of work, little overall change in appearance.

little excites me about hte new models, yes it's great they're no longer those really bad low rez models, but a chance to deisng a new look for the races is gone. I don't mind so much for orcs/troll and tauren, even draenei becuase wthereis no set template for them as to how they should look even gnomes too,

but for human and elves, there is a standard and at least as far as the human males were concerned wow's version was really ugly compared to other video games, night elves werne't ath much to look at, yet they pulled off hot chicks really well, now they wanna keept eh ugly sillheouttes when they NEED to go for radical new look on human males and nelf males. oen that looks considerably more attractive and animates cooler than the current..but they wont

10+ Year Old Account
    The assumption is strong in this topic.

I don't care how amazing the NE remodels are (and I'm sure they will be great), I still want playable high elves for alliance. My hunter and druid are both night elves and so I have 2 toons that will benefit from their remodelling - but I love high elves, both in terms of appearance and lore.

So that guy up there betting all his gold? You just lost it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

they really shoudl have more confidence in themselves. Trusted their art guys to come up with something totally new that would be really cool. EVeryone liked the sets for Draenei, blood elf, worgen, goblin and panderan - score on every front their, an most of the artwork people like, take the new cat/bear forms that came. ..one in a while you'd make a bad one sure, like Tree form was but the majority of teh toatally new stuff has been really liked.

but instead you tell your art team to make em like the original out of fear - sure eveyrone woud like them cos litereally they are the old stuff with better polygons, but there is no WOWfactor involved because nothing was remade - even the orc males kept their annoying hunch.. agree..totally timidly -- gosh cowardice is ugly - oh they did the most sensible thing. butif you have any wisdom, you would know by now, that what is "the most sensible" thing is not always the best thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    they really shoudl have more confidence in themselves. Trusted their art guys to come up with something totally new that would be really cool. EVeryone liked the sets for Draenei, blood elf, worgen, goblin and panderan - score on every front their, an most of the artwork people like, take the new cat/bear forms that came. ..one in a while you'd make a bad one sure, like Tree form was but the majority of teh toatally new stuff has been really liked.

but instead you tell your art team to make em like the original out of fear - sure eveyrone woud like them cos litereally they are the old stuff with better polygons, but there is no WOWfactor involved because nothing was remade - even the orc males kept their annoying hunch.. agree..totally timidly -- gosh cowardice is ugly - oh they did the most sensible thing. butif you have any wisdom, you would know by now, that what is "the most sensible" thing is not always the best thing to do
    yeah or you could actually look at whats happened to every mmo thats updated models. it goes badly, they lose a shit ton of people, they eventually cave in and give them the old models back and the whole things a failure.

peoples characters are important to them, for some people theyve been on that one character for almost 8 years, that character is a part of them and their connection to the game.

if a new race doesnt suit someone you know what happens? they just dont play that new race and the ones who do like it get something new. you know what happens when you fuck with something they already had? people flip their shit and quit.

just because you dont realize how risky it is to mess with characters doesnt mean blizzard are cowards, it means they are way better at running a business than you are
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I feel this way too, which is bad news for you human males and night elf males, still going to be rubbish 0 those two were theones they needed to go as FAR away from the original as possible but are too pussy scared to do so, because they're two of the biggest races and blizzard doesn't take risks is why they're going to continue to be butt ugly.
    well i wonder how much reserach they did into player base's opinion? cos, Blood elves are the second most popular race after human, but they'd be silly to change them completley, but would be silly not to radically change human males and nelf males..why?

becuase everyone loves the blood elf model, and people think they're really good, so a higher model count with some cool new features will do the trick..

when it came to models? THE BIGGEST annoyance and compalining has been the human males appearance (not animation strangely which people have liked) and the night elf males apperaance to a lesser degree and in particular the nelf males animation.

so it's not black and white, no need to totally change the apperance of orc/tauren/troll/draenei/worgen cos hey it is that look we identify with as the race real life only has humans so we can't say whether wow trolls are bad looking trolls same for orcs or tauren. we saw an example of how tauren could be different when they did the taunka faces for wotlk but still. You can't say the same for humans and elves which are essetnially humans we have lots of good examples, elves literally being humans without any ugly face options to choose from and point ears.

the expectation is that some human options would be very attractive like the elf ones, and since night elf was not such a great example for males, attention turns to blood elf, the expectation is that human and nelf males would be siilarly as attractive, in that human males will have a few of its faces bllood elf degree of attractiveness, night elf males will have all of it's faces blood elf degree of attractiveness with a few having lines and a more nature onrn outdoor leathery adaptation to it, leaving all the blood elf male face options to be essentially really good looking pristine except for the ones intentially added scars too given them a more beat up rough option.

i almost feel blood elves should have no suh option avaialble, and that's just on eof the things of the race, the night elf been essentially as pretty, but less concerned with keeping the appearance up will allow in some cases his face to be wethered by nature and in other cases to still bear scars of battle, the blood elf is entirely vain and will ensure all scars he recives fixed and will always moisturize and protect his face so it iwill never get that wethhered look some of the nelf ones will

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah or you could actually look at whats happened to every mmo thats updated models. it goes badly, they lose a shit ton of people, they eventually cave in and give them the old models back and the whole things a failure.

peoples characters are important to them, for some people theyve been on that one character for almost 8 years, that character is a part of them and their connection to the game.

if a new race doesnt suit someone you know what happens? they just dont play that new race and the ones who do like it get something new. you know what happens when you fuck with something they already had? people flip their shit and quit.

just because you dont realize how risky it is to mess with characters doesnt mean blizzard are cowards, it means they are way better at running a business than you are
    you're right, read what i wrote above, which essentially changes my mind on what i worte that you're responding too. they don't need to be radically differnet for orcs/trolls/tauren/draeni/gnomes/Belves/forsaken, human females, nelf females, dwarven females.

it would have been the human/nelf and dwarf males that i would have expected something interesting..not so much dwarf, but the human and nelf becuase the majority of compalints about bad appearance were levied at those 2, whiles the rest were more complaints about either the very low resolution, the hunch of orc/troll/undead males and the choice of representation of gnomes/dwarves - for gnomes and dwarves there was a lot of like for gnomes, you eithe rreally liked the gnome or you ddn't like it at all, eithe rway people weren't that bothered and never saw a request to change the gnome, just update the count.

the model change requests have been largely human and night elf males - the females not or no where nar as much.. the rest have been animation squabbles which every race has had something that has been complained about..but if you look closely largely for each race iti's pretty much the same thing about that race has been brought up many times. e.g. people compalin how Belf females hold 2H weapons..not 1H or others, but for Orc females it's another aspect of their animation etc.