Need some tips on when to go 13k haste!

So, ive been druid healing now for a month or 2, and im loving it. and now that im finally getting rid of some of the awful crit pieces from my gear, i wanna know when you guys think i should go for 13k breakpoint.

did a AMR here on my current gear now and felt like i lost too much mastery. what do you guys think?
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/3...b-dbc0a724ec31

and this is my armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...urish/advanced
    (just got a few upgrades, so if its not updated with gems and such thats the reason. and i also wanna wait for some input before i regem and reforge my setup. dont have raid until wednesday night anyway)

I would also like to say that i feel like 13-14k Spirit is where im comfortable with now. This is first expansion ive even remotely did some healing. I'm getting my legendary meta gem on wednesday, so i might try something lower than 13-14k.
    Also, any tips on using the proc to my advantage would be great.

At my end statement i wanna thank people for taking a look at my character, and hope to get some pointers
    Last edited by Jahrern; 2014-03-09 at 10:43 PM.

I agree, you would lose too much mastery if you made that change. I don't think it is necessary to reach that break point to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go for it asap. the change it's amazing.

not very helpful when there's disagreeing answers :P hehe.

Maybe justify your answers with a few pointers. That would help me make a decision

EDIT: I'm healing 10 Man btw, if that makes any difference
    Last edited by Jahrern; 2014-03-10 at 01:06 AM.

I didn't switch to 13163 haste, until I could do so, without losing more than around 1k spirit, so I was still at a comfortable amount of spirit. I believe I was at 563 item level or so. I suggest you calculate how much haste you can reach with 320 haste in all gem sockets. If you from that point can reach 13163 haste without losing more than 1-2k spirit, then go for 13163 haste. I wrote down how much healing I had done the week before and the week after I made the switch, and the change was significant on several bosses in SoO 10. I did for example 220k healing on norushen heroic before the switch and 270k after the switch. The lowered global cooldown is in itself a big help.
    Last edited by Mikael123; 2014-03-10 at 01:57 PM.

hink im gonna just try it, the mastery i loose is alot, but i guess it doesnt hurt to try for a raid. thanks to the people responding though, even though i didnt learn all that much. hehe :P

Of course you are going to lose a lot of mastery. But losing mastery is definitly worth it if you can still mintain a comfortable amount of spirit. Even if you have to ditch all your socket bonuses to get room for 320 haste gems. Especially on fights like Garrosh where you often have to cast a lot of rejuvenations as fast as possible.
    Last edited by Mikael123; 2014-03-10 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbyte-2361 View Post
    you would lose too much mastery
    You cannot lose too much mastery for the haste breakpoint. Losing only mastery is the best case and if you can do that, you should do the switch. Switching can be problematic if you also lose Intellect or Spirit below your level of comfort. But losing mastery is perfect and you always lose the same amount of mastery, so saying "you would lose too much mastery" means someone didn't understand what this haste breakpoint is about.

If you do 10 man, you should definitely do the switch, no matter how much mastery you have left. In 25 man with today's overhealing values I would say the same, but especially Tranq can suffer here.

Go for it. If you can reach 13k without breaking socket bonuses or using lower level gear/enchants, it's worth doing so. You'll lose a lot of mastery, but the increased healing from Rejuvenation, WG, Efflorescence and LB make up for it... barely. At your item level, it won't make much difference in throughput either way. It's not until you hit 570ish item level and start to get both 13k haste and decently high mastery that you really start to notice the difference in power (and not just the difference in casting times).

Somewhat related, you could probably get rid of 2-3k spirit and still be fine in terms of mana. If you can get the legendary meta gem on the druid, that would allow you to get rid of even more.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    When I first tried hitting the breakpoint I had to put solid haste in all my gems, broke all the set bonuses, and reforged everything... and the difference still felt amazing. Throughput went way up.

Deleted
    There's no such thing as "losing too much mastery" to go for the breakpoint. Anyone claiming that haven't even tried calculate a mathematical gain from it and are probably incapable of such simple math anyways.

Edit: Unless you Regrowth spam heal during BL most of the time for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    At your item level, it won't make much difference in throughput either way. It's not until you hit 570ish item level and start to get both 13k haste and decently high mastery that you really start to notice the difference in power (and not just the difference in casting times).
    Why do you say that? When I switched to 13k haste in ToT, I certainly did notice an increased throughput (10 man), and that was around ilvl 530.

Sure, today's (timeless) 530 gear is a lot weaker, but with 555 SoO gear the haste build should be a lot better.

Almost all fights in 5.4 are about twitch reaction healing. The haste build is far superior in addressing what you'll need to do to keep people alive in SOO.

I ran you through AMR, and it looks like you can hit the 13k BP with a reasonably comfortable level of spirit and ~4800 mastery, which are the usual recommendations. However, you do have to forgo an important socket bonus. askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e4a5b7b5-84c4-4967-b3ea-6b956ba469bd (click optimize).

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Why do you say that? When I switched to 13k haste in ToT, I certainly did notice an increased throughput (10 man), and that was around ilvl 530.
    Because looking at the math, the difference isn't very large. Most of the difference you noticed was probably imagined, unless you're doing very tightly tuned content while somewhat undergeared (like two-healing heroic Norushen in the first few weeks of SoO).

Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    Almost all fights in 5.4 are about twitch reaction healing. The haste build is far superior in addressing what you'll need to do to keep people alive in SOO.
    I would argue that much of the healing in SoO is a bit too twitchy for haste to matter. Even a 1.09 second Regrowth is often too slow. Between Sage Mender, Nature's Swiftness and (situationally) shroom bloom, you usually have a faster option available.
    Last edited by Alltat; 2014-03-12 at 08:48 AM.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.