Deleted

LF Game. A Online RPG, where people actually do RP mainly.

Hello folks,

I am looking for a mmorpg, which even tho does not need to be "massive", needs to be real RP. I dont care for fights, action, pvp or whatever, we get them all in many many games. I search for a game that when i come home and nothing to do, i can just log only for talking to people (in rp) just even sitting in the inn maybe.
    Fantasy would be better, but i am open to all. Dont get me wrong, i love pvp actions arenas etc, and it is wonderful if the game have those too, but the main aim of the game should not be that. Main aim should me Roleplaying. Either a lumberjack, or a paladin. Aim should not be "beating that boss first" etc.

Imagine how you feel playing skyrim, that feeling that you are that character you see, but in online environment, with other people.

Any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm....second life? (it sucks btw)
    Also Anarchy Online, The Secret World and Eve online (you can walk on your ship).

Deleted
    A normal chat site?

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Hm....second life?
    Don't you dare trick some poor fool into a hell like that.

Lotro has a pretty hard core RP community.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    There are certain UO freeshards with rather strict Roleplaying guidelines (for example no "out of character" talking, etc.)
    I played for a few years on a german one ( http://www.schattenwelt.de/ ), player numbers peaked around 400 at it's best times, but it is rather desolate in these days.
    The funny thing was ... it was completely free-for-all PvP with corpse-looting, house break-ins etc. but it worked, almost no player-griefing, no unecessary player-killing aaand so on.

And like Bardarian said, the lotro RP servers are also quite hardcore, but lotro has the restrictions of a themepark MMO

Edit: If you don't need fancy graphics ... maybe a MUD MMO ?
    Last edited by mmoc6023babb1d; 2014-03-10 at 12:47 PM.

Deleted
    Hrm. Avoid Second Life. I played that shite for all of two hours. Never again.

I found LOTRO had quite a heavy emphasis on RP on their rp servers, something lost from WoW.

Rift, Aion and Guild Wars all have non-existant rp. You'd be better off looking for an rp forum somewhere.

Are there still persistent worlds for NWN2?
    I used to play on those all the time in NWN1 and were great fun, but I'm not sure if the whole concept ever transitioned to 2. Might be worth checking out as NWN RP was about the best I found for a digital version of PnP gaming. One of the big ones was A Land Far Away, with servers dedicated to different areas of the Forgotten Realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The majority of people who play RPGs don't enjoy RP'ing beyond playing their character. The main reason is that they're still normal people who like to talk about things in a normal way. The type of people who enjoy rp'ing in these games are the same people who don't work at a Ren Faire but still go in garb and act like they're from the Renaissance.
    Ahh yes, people whose imagination wasn't taken from them by society.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I haven't touched it since it went f2p, but old RP server in TERA - Celestial Hills - had the best roleplay community I've ever seen in a MMO by far. You would very often encounter random open-world RP in chat bubbles in addition to many organized events on the official realm forum and just overall very friendly people.

Second for me would be FFXIV, the characters and world are so pretty and the emote system is so fun and robust that it makes it hard for me to log in and not RP even when I don't intend to. It suffers from lack of chat bubbles though.