Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Jaina's Hope & Her Future in WoD

So I was thinking about how apparently we may see more of Jaina again in WoD, and how alot of people argue she's 'unstable' or that she's just hell bent on vengeance because of Theramore. It got me thinking about the drastic changes in her character.

I remembered this part of the Alliance quest line involving the Divine Bell; Jaina's Hope: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceFYxg-nD0Y

As you can see in the video, she explains initially she wanted to go apeshit and destroy Orgrimmar, but she holds back because she realises she'd be no better, and that Dalaran can serve as an example to the Horde and Alliance with the co-op between Kirin Tor & Sunreavers. That it is her hope that the conflict will avoid Dalaran and perhaps at the time, avoid interfering with the war altogether.

Then with the Purge of Dalaran: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOelkJGOBRY

This is the turning point, Jaina takes it into her own hands to rid the Sunreavers from Dalaran because as she says, 'they looked the other way', ultimately betraying the Kirin Tor and in turn the Alliance. I think that her actions are justified, they made their choice so they should face the consequences.

But what is your opinion on it? Was Jaina right to turn pro-Alliance because she felt betrayed, that all of her trust in an extremely tense situation is burned because of the Sunreavers? Or do you think that this was just the last straw, in addition to Theramore, she may have just thought screw this, it's time for payback?

What direction do you see her character going in for the future? Will WoD see Jaina mellow out with Garrosh defeated or will she continue to despise the Horde and pursue them? Also please tell me why you think so. I think she's an interesting character and perhaps not everyone may believe she's gone to the loony bin

10+ Year Old Account
    Bitch needs to die. She's annoying as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think she's pretty cool Loads of people are like, 'bring back the old Jaina, not this monster!', before we hardly ever saw her, she was such a boring character. Now she's alot more interesting, with a controversial opinion regarding the Horde and much speculation regarding were her actions justified

I am concerned as to how she will be in the limelight in WoD though, I would've thought to see these new draenei characters built upon (for Alliance at least), perhaps something happens back home in Azeroth? Perhaps Sylvanas starts being naughty again ? Who wants to see Jaina and Sylvanas scrapping? Me me me me!

Deleted
    its ironic how she was there when arthas turned bad and now shes following that same path. It was lust for revenge that led arthas to frostmourne and his fate as the lich king. Her story has potential we should sit back and see what happens

15+ Year Old Account
    Every time I hear about Jaina I feel a sense of irony. After all, she's the one who walked away from Arthas for purging Sratholme and now, here she is, walking down the same path... I hope she goes apeshit insane and somehow reforges Frostmourn, or at least dies trying to do something of that nature, like every other mislead character in WoW before her. Now that would make my day.

Still, to reiterate my point, I think it would be nice to see her join Arthas in same way in the end. Proving they really were perfect for each other after all. How tragic.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Jaina gets a break. She's been through a lot and I want to see her settle back for a more passive role. She's been my favorite character and I've been torn on her progress over the years. Seeing her in a non-combat role would be refreshing. Or something that doesn't have to do with the Horde. Have her find Calia Menethil or take up more duties with the Kirin Tor. I want to see doing something there than this hot-cold revenge thing they have going for her.

They missed an amazing chance for her to be the Lich Queen, imo. That would have been great.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Every time I hear about Jaina I feel a sense of irony. After all, she's the one who walked away from Arthas for purging Sratholme and now, here she is, walking down the same path... I hope she goes apeshit insane and somehow reforges Frostmourn, or at least dies trying to do something of that nature, like every other mislead character in WoW before her. Now that would make my day.

Still, to reiterate my point, I think it would be nice to see her join Arthas in same way in the end. Proving they really were perfect for each other after all. How tragic.
    The comparison to Arthas is interesting (and one I totally didn't realise ), do you really think that she's gone too far down this path now with no chance of return ? Or that maybe she will just sit and wait, ready to pounce the moment there are any Horde provocations?

I always had the feeling that they make her so horde hating so Varian can step down from that role and get to be the wise king.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raydan View Post
    harsh much? shes probably the most interesting alliance character imo!
    Hi

I think it's pretty obvious that Blizzard is setting her up for either a very sadistic story involving her or an antagonistic role in the future.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    I always had the feeling that they make her so horde hating so Varian can step down from that role and get to be the wise king.
    Ya, unfortunately, this is 100% what's going on. Blizzard wouldn't actually dare to do anything really 'dark' with Jaina. Simply isn't the way they operate, especially ever since that dipshit decided everything about WCIII's lore was 'wrong' cause he was 'depressed' when he wrote it. Stupid asshole should stop doing coke, maybe then we'd get more stories like Arthas in WCIII, instead of us helping panda bears defeat their 'bad feelings' on sunshine island.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2014-03-09 at 11:39 PM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    I see her going rogue, eventually, or in the very least becoming some kind of anti-hero that's still with the Alliance. There are some pretty big hints in the cinematic after defeating Garrosh that she's changed into something sinister.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by raydan View Post
    Define annoying.

I think most people who hate female characters say that for some reason.

That or 12 year olds who get a hardon for Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    I see her going rogue, eventually, or in the very least becoming some kind of anti-hero that's still with the Alliance. There are some pretty big hints in the cinematic after defeating Garrosh that she's changed into something sinister.
    See I don't see it as sinister, I see it as her seeing the chance to finally end it all. Is it misguided ( as we will need the Horde if the Legion ever come back)? Sure. Is it sinister? I'm not sold on that. I mean it is Blizzard so it probably means she does go bat shit crazy and we all kill her, but I really hope not. The good characters are those that are in those gray area's, that can be swayed one way or the other based on events.

My hope is she settles down for a while, but my guess is she goes to Draenor and we get her pointing out that the Orcs/Horde are truly evil and should of been put down. Blizzard is far too predictable with this stuff sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    But what is your opinion on it?
    years of denial and stupidity got her to what she got in mop
    hope she can live with the fact that she killed her father just because he was right and she couldn't handle the truth

still need to be punished by Kul Tiras for treason against her king and people

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    years of denial and stupidity got her to what she got in mop
    hope she can live with the fact that she killed her father just because he was right and she couldn't handle the truth

still need to be punished by Kul Tiras for treason against her king and people
    She didn't kill her father, she had her men stand down and let him reap what he'd sewn. At the time, with what she had seen and experienced fighting with the orcs against the Legion she made the right call, hindsight is 20/20 but people don't get the luxury when making decisions.

I don't really see it any more treasonous than when she told Arthas she wasn't going to help him purge Stratholme. She didn't do anything then, and did the exact same with her father. She disagreed with her father and he made a foolish decision and paid the price for it. Her father's death was the fault of her father, not Jaina. She didn't force him to make that attack he did that all on his own.

She isn't going the whole "Arthas purging" route. She said "dismantle the Horde" not "Kill all of the Horde". Dismantling a political organization is not the same as killing them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I look forward to one day destroying her city (Again!) and ending the hypocritical bitches life!
    Vengeance for the Sin'dorei!
    Although to be honest I would LOVE to see her go to kul'tiras to gather an independent army to stop the horde, only to be captured and executed by her own brother for killing their farther! Mwahahaha!
    Last edited by Aeula; 2014-03-10 at 12:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnak View Post
    She isn't going the whole "Arthas purging" route. She said "dismantle the Horde" not "Kill all of the Horde". Dismantling a political organization is not the same as killing them all.
    Oh c'mon. White streak of hair, whispering about doing naughty things with a tone of voice screaming 'I'm not taking my meds'. She's definitely going the Arthas route, but WoW is worse than a PG rated film made for the bargain bin, so it'll be the 'sunshine island' version of Arthas' downfall, if anything.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2014-03-10 at 12:09 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno