Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Has Connected Realms helped your experience in wow any bit?

Hello. Title says it all. I am wondering if anyone has found the connected realm experience to be positive and/or helped your guildies out in anyway.

Yup, trade chat is trollin more so than ever before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gundrak's recent merger with Jubei'thos has made my old server really alive, going from dead to busy.

it's helped the auction house, so thats a positive!
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Been a month since I played, but since my realm was connected, the only real thing it helped was the AH is better. In that regard, using Auctioneer went from a one minute scan to a 15 minute scan, to give you an idea of how much stuff we can find again. There's the usual more groups and such recruiting and all that, which was nice to see.

It made things worse doing thing out and about though. My server was horde favoured by quite a bit, but it was manageable because the server was pretty dead overall and the population turned carebear. But now, the horde population advantage is just massive. I can't do anything on Timeless Isle unless I play a stealther, and even the farming dailies are a crapshoot. When it came to PvP servers, they really should have kept faction balance in mind, but they didn't. It's a shame, because my server, before MoP was very well balanced, and it was really fun.

I really like where Blizzard is going with WOD in regards to flying and keeping people on the ground a while. It's really cool having a world full of people out and about doing their thing. With such a huge balance problem, I don't see it working out for me in the xpac on a PvP server. The only way to level up might be to spam LFD. At least I main a druid, so questing might work okay. We'll see I guess.

My connected realm, where most of my horde are, is fantastic. It's a little hard to keep track of how all the guilds are doing because it's five realms connected now and WoWprogress hasn't really found a way to track that well yet, but that's all I can think of to criticize. It's actually made leveling fun again, Valley has seen quite a bit of World pvp.

It's made playing on my Alliance realm which is still unconnected boring as ever. Don't think I ever do anything on that realm anymore except maybe pop some farms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Economy on Bronzebeard (US-PVE) where I have some alts (my original home realm) is better and there are more people around. It certainly didn't hurt anything and overall think it's a plus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    When it came to PvP servers, they really should have kept faction balance in mind, but they didn't.
    Overall PVP realms are Horde dominated so faction balance can only go so far.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Hello. Title says it all. I am wondering if anyone has found the connected realm experience to be positive and/or helped your guildies out in anyway.
    I'm a GM on Gorgonnash, we are now in a 4 server cluster and I can say it's helped. Both factions are active. We have tons of new members from the new realms and even a couple of other raiding guilds we try to help. I think the outlook will only be better for when WoD comes out and we see the resurgence of players to the game (however minor or major) I'm even looking to bring a guild in with ours and have sights on at least 2 Mythic raids.

In short, my guild would still be strong and raiding without the merger, but not as prosperous or with as bright of an outlook for the future!

10+ Year Old Account
    Defintely. My old server was on the verge of being considered low pop. Now its high pop at all times except for like 3am-7am. Much easier to find pugs for stuff.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Gundrak's recent merger with Jubei'thos has made my old server really alive, going from dead to busy.

it's helped the auction house, so thats a positive!
    From the Jubei'thos side of the merger I haven't noticed a huge difference 2bh, few more ppl in trade and around shrine but it seems like the same as it was, had a few gundrakians looking to raid with us and what not but nothing major. Be nice when we get some more mergers and people around though.
    Last edited by Splatter; 2014-03-10 at 06:53 AM.

Its been nice i dig it. First few days a few ego's got big on trade then it just became mellow. I wish we would get hooked with another realm or 2 to be honest. Trade is alive and people are out and about but it still lacks what my server looked like when it went live. Awesome leveling more toons since ive been capped on my server. I have them in my guild and nothing but good i could say. Only pricks in the ah are from my server anyways and ive had to deal with them for years ( cant buy gems but on weekends 4 to 5 times the price weekdays .)

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    From the Jubei'thos side of the merger I haven't noticed a huge difference 2bh, few more ppl in trade and around shrine but it seems like the same as it was, had a few gundrakians looking to raid with us and what not but nothing major. Be nice when we get some more mergers and people around though.
    barth is still unconnected while thaur and dread get connected this week . frostmourne wont be connected as they are already very high pop . So the only options bliz would have is to either connect barth to one of the other two connected sets , or leave barth as stand alone as well and join the two connected sets as a four realm cluster . not sure which way would be best.

I also have a guildmate who has toons on Jubei and he said that the connection is great , that PvP is actually happeneing again

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sul View Post
    I also have a guildmate who has toons on Jubei and he said that the connection is great , that PvP is actually happeneing again
    Yeah I have noticed more Ally on timeless isle lately, and I only go there to do celestials.

OP, What question is that even ?

When you up the players in Azeroth OF COURSE the games gets better, certainly in AH trading.

Duh ?

Deleted
    One of my twinks is on Mal'ganis-EU and since they connected the realm with 2 ghostrealms it's no longer playable in terms of queues & RBG & worldbosses. They didn't just connect the realms but swapt mal'ganis out from the most populated and active realmpool into a pool with only dead / half dead (rp / pve) servers. A week ago durotar was full of ppl, today nobody is there. There is a big shitstorm going on at the german bnet forums but it seems everything is intended. Well I don't have any important characters there but it sucks for the ppl who have.

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels pretty much the same as when there were no connected realms. Maybe I'll see more people than I did before in some areas but for the most part it feels the same.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    OP, What question is that even ?

When you up the players in Azeroth OF COURSE the games gets better, certainly in AH trading.

Duh ?
    Maybe I just enjoy discussing positive shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    One of my twinks is on Mal'ganis-EU and since they connected the realm with 2 ghostrealms it's no longer playable in terms of queues & RBG & worldbosses. They didn't just connect the realms but swapt mal'ganis out from the most populated and active realmpool into a pool with only dead / half dead (rp / pve) servers. A week ago durotar was full of ppl, today nobody is there. There is a big shitstorm going on at the german bnet forums but it seems everything is intended. Well I don't have any important characters there but it sucks for the ppl who have.
    They switched Mal'Ganis from a populated realm and connected it to two dead servers. I don't know how on earth this changes anything.

Deleted

They switched Mal'Ganis from a populated realm and connected it to two dead servers. I don't know how on earth this changes anything.
    Please don't overlook the word "realmpool" or nothing I wrote will make sense to you.

10+ Year Old Account

quote of the day, might even steal that one for my sig.

OT: my old server azgalor was merged with a ton of other realms....things are looking up!
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

The cities feel full again, which is something I've missed. I can usually find something on the AH and see more sales as well (I don't play AH, but I do try to sell occasionally). All-in-all, a good merger.

*edit to add* I also enjoy it because it opens up 11 more character slots for me without losing out on guild and other benefits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Please don't overlook the word "realmpool" or nothing I wrote will make sense to you.
    Oh sorry, can you please explain to me then what you're talking about. Not sure what realmpool you are referring to.