Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Gaming Mouse with 4 side-buttons

Hello there fellow MMO-Champions!

I'm rather content with my current mouse with only 2 side-buttons but sometimes I keep thinking I could do with 2 more.

But I've not been able to find a mouse with ONLY 4 side-buttons. Not 2, not 6, not 8, not 12 but ONLY 4 buttons. I tried a Naga and I just cant deal with the amount of buttons it has. They are too small and too cluttered.

What I want is a big mouse with 4 big side-buttons.

Something like this:

Havent been able to find anything like this no matter where I look.... It's always either 1-2 buttons or 6-12 buttons

Deleted
    Logitech g700 - Sorry cant post links
    Something like this?
    I've been using this for about two years now, never had any problems, run 3 profiles on it, one for MMO/RPG gaming, one for FPS and one as a media control, the wireless sensor / non wired option is a great bonus for watching stuff in bed and doesn't disrupt gaming at all. Only real downside is the clunky recharge cable, but since its a generic micro usb you could always get another and/or use wireless. (Just not gaming mode, that kills the battery so so fast...:/)

Size wise its on the large size, fits my hand perfectly, buttons on top left mouse key never get pressed accidentally so if you're not interested in them just don't use them.

Logitech G700.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Some quick searching did find one, well sort of.
    The Logitech MX Revolution has 2 buttons and an additional scroll wheel on the side, so effectively 4 places to bind if the software supports it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm...

The buttons on the G700 look a bit awkward but I cant be sure without trying it out... Gonna go check the local dealers if they have it at their store so I can see if it fits my hand and if the side-buttons are easily usable.

Is the G700 bigger/smaller than MX518/G400?

Other one I was thinking was the Naga with only 6 buttons as I dont really have to use ALL of them... I can use 4 of the frontmost ones and just ignore the ones at the back :P

But if there are others that are more similar the the picture I posted.... Please share some info!

Logitech G700.

Deleted
    Can't say for the g400, Comparing to the mx518 - Its the same length, width, side buttons on same position with 4 rather than 2 and they protrude from mouse rather than being flush with it. Left and right click flay out a bit on the g700 in comparison to make space for the charger and extra buttons.
    as of easy to use - I've never had a problem, each key is quite clearly defined by its shape, my thumb rests on they keys easily when i need to use them without having to contort my hand, and i just let it fall onto the lip below for games where they're not needed.
    Also it weighs slightly more than the mx518 if that's a concern to you. If anything i find the mx518 too light, but that may be because i've been using the g700 for so long now.

Pretty convincing photoshop in the OP, only figuring that out after an image search on it, showing it only available in a 2 side-button version.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Pretty convincing photoshop in the OP, only figuring that out after an image search on it, showing it only available in a 2 side-button version.
    I wish a mouse like that existed, though

It just feels like the buttons in the G700 are too small/too close to each other.... But I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it. And the 3 button's next to the left-click could be useful, too.

And if it's as good size-wise as the MX518 then it's pretty much perfect as the G400 I have is pretty much the same as MX518 but just a "newer version with a fancier name".

Will probably order it after doing a bit more research :P

Deleted
    Yeah it's a Photoshopped "Comfort 6000" from Microsoft from what I can tell

I used the Logitech G700 for over a year, before upgrading to a G600. It's a fantastic mouse, even if you only use the thumb pad.

If you already have the naga, just mod it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomken View Post
    Everytime I try to Que for LFR, the game completely crashes. WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    It's probably trying to save you a headache.

ive bought Gamdias ZEUS few weeks ago and so far so good, it has 4 side buttons and 4 more at the top, its quite comfortable and ergonomic with adjustable finger rests. The basic mouse buttons feels awesome and responsive compared to Razer Deathadder for example and the side buttons are all easy to reach.

I was really curious about the brand itself and so far it looks the mouse will be fine. It was quite cheap aswell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aah.... read some bad reviews on the G700 about the cord being really stiff and without the cord the battery-life sucks And apparently it's quite heavy.

Why cant they just make a G400 / MX518 with 1-3 extra buttons on the side? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Performance MX, maybe? It has 4 side buttons, though the 4th is a bit unorthodox (it's on the bottom of the thumb rest and you push down on it).

I use one as my "at work" mouse as it's comfy and wireless (my desk is something of a clutter zone, resulting in wired mice constantly getting caught on stuff). The tracking is also solid.

I haven't fully drained the battery ever, as I usually charge it overnight, but it's lasted through 2 work days without problem when I've forgotten to plug it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Aah.... read some bad reviews on the G700 about the cord being really stiff and without the cord the battery-life sucks And apparently it's quite heavy.
    As an aside, the cord is just a micro B USB with a oversized casing, not any kind of propitiatory connector. You should be able to swap it for a thinner, more flexible cable without problems.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/store/...C=1166&ID=2340

Thermaltake Volos.

How about this? It has more than 4 buttons on sides, but 4 main buttons are quite separated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I read about the Volos earlier....

The 3 colored buttons seem kinda hard to reach and apprently that is indeed the case according to the reviews :P

I found this one: http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/peripherals/Reaper/

Only 3 buttons but I like the way they are arranged. Only issue might be mouse-size though the review said it's a medium-large sized mouse which makes it good even if you have slightly bigger hands.

Still looking around.... 3-5 buttons preferably. 4 would be optimum.

EDIT: Found another interesting one... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AAQRNQ8?tag=bgm04-20
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2014-03-10 at 07:44 PM.

Deleted
    Corsair M95 and then just use the 3 top + thumb button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post

Why cant they just make a G400 / MX518 with 1-3 extra buttons on the side? :P
    I have old version of G700. Almost 2 years of use, and it works like a charm. Yes, the default cord is little bit stiff, but I have solved this problem easily with random noname usb cable for ~4 bucks, that I have bought in electronics store nearby.

If only problems you have with G700 are cord and weight, this will solve them almost for free, and you can enjoy great mouse. G700 is the first mouse I realy like, after 6? years of MS IE3.0 usage.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Corsair M95 and then just use the 3 top + thumb button.
    The buttons looks really small and clumped.

I'm a pretty big guy with big hands and a rather massive thumb so it could be problematic to accurately hit the smaller buttons :P

Probably gonna go with the G700 or the CMStorm Reaper... Though I'll make sure to check out a few Corsair reviews too

EDIT: Actually, it's either G700 or the Corsair M95, haha Such a hard choice!
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2014-03-10 at 09:42 PM.