Page 1 of 33
... LastLast

Christie Golden - War Crimes excerpt [SPOILERS]

Very interesting:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1451684487/...LIsb0Y41GNJAP2

"Garrosh Hellscream. You have been charged with war crimes, and crimes against the very essence of sentient beings of Azeroth, as well as crimes against Azeroth itself. You are also charged for all acts committed in your name, or by those with whom you have allied.”

Garrosh merely stood there, silent and still.

Taran Zhu continued. “The charges are as follows: Genocide. Murder. Forcible transfer of population. Enforced disappearance of individuals.”

The list of the heinous crimes alone was powerful enough to make Jaina tense. She glanced over at where Vol’jin and the other Horde leaders sat. She had heard of the treatment of trolls under Garrosh—and what the orc had tried to do to Vol’jin himself. “Enslavement. The abduction of children. Torture. The killing of prisoners. Forced pregnancy.”

Anduin winced, and Jaina could not blame him. She thought of Alexstrasza and the horrors that had been perpetrated upon the Life-Binder personally and the red dragonflight in general. Kalec was very still beside Jaina. She looked up at him, meaning to offer him comfort, and instead found him looking down at her. He knew what was coming, and slipped an arm around her.

She braced herself.

“The wanton destruction of cities, towns, and villages not justified by military or civilian necessity.”

The Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

Theramore.

“What say you to these charges, Garrosh Hellscream?”

Garrosh did not reply, and for a wild second, Jaina wondered if maybe, just maybe, hearing the charges so bluntly laid out before him would move the former war*chief. She had heard of his anger at an underling who had slain innocents in his name, knew that the one thing even Garrosh’s enemies must give him credit for was a passionate devotion to his race. And, at one time, he had also been given credit for honor.

She stared at Garrosh, hardly daring to blink or even breathe, not knowing if she wanted him to break down and ask forgiveness for his atrocities or to stand firm— so that they could kill him with impunity.

And then Garrosh smiled, beginning to slowly applaud, although the chains about his wrists hampered the gesture.

“The show has barely commenced,” he responded, sneering, “and already I give it a standing ovation. This promises to be more entertaining than the Darkmoon Faire!” His contemptuous laughter rang through the hall. “I will not say that I am guilty, for that denotes shame. Nor will I protest innocence, for I claim no such. Let the comedy begin!”

Quote Originally Posted by Zvezdichko View Post
    "Let the comedy begin!”
    This is so meta.

And I think Moron Zhu mistaken Garrosh with Gul'dan with some of those accusations. Forced pregnancy? Really Golden? Whats next, Soylent Green?
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2014-03-10 at 11:13 AM.

Deleted
    The book is out ?
    Sry didnt followed that, but havn't they said that they will wait the release of the book before launching anything ? That could mean a coming of beta ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really wish it was May 6th already

Quote Originally Posted by Elondre View Post
    The book is out ?
    Sry didnt followed that, but havn't they said that they will wait the release of the book before launching anything ? That could mean a coming of beta ?
    It's merely an excerpt, just a little taste of the book. War Crimes will be released on the 6th of May, 2014 and I can't bloody wait anymore.

+1 to Garrosh for "Let the comedy begin."

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Elondre View Post
    The book is out ?
    If you´d care to click on the link provided, you could see its description on the pre-order.
    And i dont really know why everyone associates anything related to WoD with upcoming beta.
    New unlisted video
    -OMG Beta inc!

New character model sneak peek
    -omg beta soon!?

New blue posts
    -It have to be beta soon!

Book excerpt
    -omg relase date, it has to mean beta!
    Last edited by DaveL; 2014-03-10 at 11:16 AM.

I feel like there should be more charges than that, honestly.

Edit: I can't get the image of Garrosh playing carnival games at the Darkmoon Faire out of my head.
    Last edited by PuppetShowJustice; 2014-03-10 at 11:18 AM.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Man i want to buy this book so bad, but i dont have the money to spare for it.

Deleted
    This book does look pretty good. Sounds like Garrosh knows he's gunna be let out soon so is playing it cool. "Let the comedy begin" quite a bad ass line from him and makes me think he's just gunna be sat there trolling them all and generally being a dick cause he knows he's gunna be sprung soon and continue his plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    This is so meta.

And I think Moron Zhu mistaken Garrosh with Gul'dan with some of those accusations. Forced pregnancy? Really Golden? Whats next, Soylent Green?

You'll get them yet. They can't keep this up forever.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone else feel that this excerpt feels very odd, even jarring? Inserting all this 20th century legal terminology derived from international contracts into a universe that has you murder people en masse and gives you gold and magical items for it feels very odd for me indeed.

Deleted
    Sounds like it's going to be an amazing book. Christie Golden really made Garrosh's personality justice if she made him look like in that part in the entire book.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    This is so meta.

Forced pregnancy to dragons. That's why Jaina thinks of Alextrazsa. Remember dragons are sentinent beings in WoW.

I say we clear him of all charges and reinstate him as Warchief of the Horde. The Trolls got what was coming to them after Vol'Jin tried plotting behind Garrosh's back in Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Remember dragons are sentinent beings in WoW.
    Only dragons he manipulated were the proto dragons, which have a sentience on the level of feral beasts.

I know I'll get flak for this because it always comes up but I'm kind of sad this is a book. I'd love to hear Garrosh's voice actor laugh in the face of the prosecution like this in-game.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Does anyone else feel that this excerpt feels very odd, even jarring? Inserting all this 20th century legal terminology derived from international contracts into a universe that has you murder people en masse and gives you gold and magical items for it feels very odd for me indeed.
    You played a goblin? they live in the 20th century

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I know I'll get flak for this because it always comes up but I'm kind of sad this is a book. I'd love to hear Garrosh's voice actor laugh in the face of the prosecution like this in-game.
    No you wont, tbh i would love to see it in game as well. But it would take alot of time away from development.

Deleted
    So Garrosh is the Joker now?

Wow may have to order this

anyone know of what book it was that describes what happens to outland. Someone mentioned something about how Outland was evacuated around the time of cata?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Forced pregnancy to dragons. That's why Jaina thinks of Alextrazsa. Remember dragons are sentinent beings in WoW.
    Which dragons? Proto-drakes? That's like putting the boar farmer in front of Orgrimmar on trial for breeding boars.