Garrosh 10H Help

Hello,

Working on Garrosh 10H. We are about 100 wipes in and having issues with p2 and getting p1 without 3rd wave of adds.

Comp:

Tanks: Pally / Druid
    Heals: Pally / Druid
    DPS: 2 x Hunter, Ele Sham, Spriest, Fire Mage, Destro Lock (Everyone is between 575-576 for the most part)

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/av6L8b7z49dK3QyT#type=summary&fight=104 (Start at Attempt #13 - Everything before is different raid)

1) Phase 2:

We are just not killing stuff fast enough and ending with 32-35 energy. Currently left is (pally / spriest / hunter) right (druid / ele / hunter) mid (lock / mage). Here are some logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/av6L8b7z49dK3QyT#type=damage-done&fight=120&target=363 (Click any longer attempt to see damage for Embodied Doubt) Seems like everyone needs to do closer to 350k dps. Would really like to get through this with some consistency as it sounds like it's smooth sailing until after the second realm.

2) Phase 1 Adds:

We keep getting a 3rd set of adds. Boss transitions and the gate opens so we are close. We are tanking him on the entrance side of room instead of by throne. We were having issues with add placement when we tanked near throne. Not sure if anyone has any recommendations. Trying to get everyone to min / max as much as possible. Right now both hunters are on engineers. Both hunters / resto druid is doing desecrates. First desecrate is going on raid.

Single heal it.

Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    Single heal it.
    Don't think that is happening with our comp...

Quote Originally Posted by Pointgiven View Post
    Don't think that is happening with our comp...
    We solohealed it with a somewhat similar comp:

Tanks: Blood DK and Prot pally
    Healer: Resto Druid
    DPS: Balance druid, 2x hunters, 2x warlocks, spriest and ele shaman.

I don't really see how you'd get 3 waves on Garrosh at this point, as it is the first DPS check of the fight. Also over 30 energy? Really? On progress in 25H our worst were 26-28 on first few tries of the phase, now we get 19-22.

A good tip would be to kill first wave and then ignore 2nd wave of adds completely(apart from Tanks), if you still can't make the DPS check, kick your DPS and get new ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    Single heal it.
    tbh this along with single tanking it is probably the easier way to down it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I don't really see how you'd get 3 waves on Garrosh at this point, as it is the first DPS check of the fight. Also over 30 energy? Really? On progress in 25H our worst were 26-28 on first few tries of the phase, now we get 19-22.

A good tip would be to kill first wave and then ignore 2nd wave of adds completely(apart from Tanks), if you still can't make the DPS check, kick your DPS and get new ones.
    From everything I've read you can't really compare 25 to 10 man for first realm. We have the same number of mobs and 15 less people to interrupt. Obviously we are too slow but I doubt many 10 man guilds are getting sub 20 energy, especially for a first kill.

Please check the logs and see who is under performing and ideally why. A lot of our players rank consistently on fights but I know we don't have the fastest kill times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bendeis View Post
    We solohealed it with a somewhat similar comp:

Tanks: Blood DK and Prot pally
    Healer: Resto Druid
    DPS: Balance druid, 2x hunters, 2x warlocks, spriest and ele shaman.
    Interesting, have any logs of that?
    Last edited by Pointgiven; 2014-03-10 at 03:53 PM.

Interesting, have any logs of that?
    He posted a video sometime ago...

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    He posted a video sometime ago...
    Think I found it. Looks like they killed it a week ago: youtube.com/watch?v=N7dCCiJyAgU

Think I found it. Looks like they killed it a week ago: youtube.com/watch?v=N7dCCiJyAgU
    Yeah, don't think I have any logs aroound for it, but that is the kill. Yes.

I mean, the issue is simple. People's boss dps is ass. If you're that high ilvl and getting a 3rd wave of adds then your dps just need to learn to stop padding on adds that don't need to die instantly as we for example don't get the 2nd warsong so they don't actually melee for any damage.

Other than that, should either solo tank or solo heal the fight, it makes the dps check much easier, and helps a lot with the transitions.

Speaking of transitions find a way with your comp to SAFELY engauge all 5 packs of adds, for example the back two are engaged by me on a WW, and our ele shaman and we both just stun lock our respective sides and put as much damage into them until the front groups get up there. This makes the transition much smoother as long as you don't let casts off still.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&target=59

There's our damage breakdown in the 1st transition from our original kill. Splitting dps around all the packs allows everyone to actually contribute dps instead of nuking a pack down really fast, walking to the next pack and having it take longer because they're not already down to half health from someone being there already.

Tl;DR Push your dips.

Put your Warlock on the engineer and take both hunters off of it, that should help a good amount for boss damage.

......................Protection Paladin PoV.....................

if you go over 25 energy in the first transition just wipe it. you need to do this a lot faster, and you wont land a kill until you do. and tbh your comp is amazing for this phase, everyone should be saving at least small cd's for this or for your spriest, he needs to go in with 3 orbs every time. i play a boomy and have to spec treants and save my 3 minute cd's for this phase which is just hell for my dps but it gets the job done. can't wait to go 25 man so i can use a proper spec and just flop my dick on the keyboard for this part of the fight.

You should try to have your warlock solo the engineer(s). Since I use KJC and not AD for this fight, I solo the first one, and have some help from our hunter/warlock on the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Speaking of transitions find a way with your comp to SAFELY engauge all 5 packs of adds
    Agree with this. Your druid can roar while being up into the first intermission, and then have everyone split into teams of 2.

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    I mean, the issue is simple. People's boss dps is ass. If you're that high ilvl and getting a 3rd wave of adds then your dps just need to learn to stop padding on adds that don't need to die instantly as we for example don't get the 2nd warsong so they don't actually melee for any damage.

Other than that, should either solo tank or solo heal the fight, it makes the dps check much easier, and helps a lot with the transitions.

Speaking of transitions find a way with your comp to SAFELY engauge all 5 packs of adds, for example the back two are engaged by me on a WW, and our ele shaman and we both just stun lock our respective sides and put as much damage into them until the front groups get up there. This makes the transition much smoother as long as you don't let casts off still.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&target=59

There's our damage breakdown in the 1st transition from our original kill. Splitting dps around all the packs allows everyone to actually contribute dps instead of nuking a pack down really fast, walking to the next pack and having it take longer because they're not already down to half health from someone being there already.

Tl;DR Push your dips.
    Noting on the P1 transistion, I strongly prefer the "nuke left/right/mid, then go inside and nuke"-tactic to what you guys do. It's far easier to organise, and the damage difference really shouldn't be as "massive" as you seem to think. 3x dps/1 healer on each side (while 2x tanks do mid, vengeance shared they melt pretty easily), then 3x dps/1 healer/1 tank on each side. This way, you also only need a total of 8 AOE interrupts the entire phase to make it work, and maybe a random singletarget. Something most groups will have. Looking at the OP -
    Pallys have 2x interrupts each if they're horde (racial warstomp or arcane torrent and blinding light), which the OP is. That's 4.
    2x hunters has 1 each.
    Ele sham, destro lock has 1 each.
    So with that setup, we'd just -
    2x aoe interrupt each side outside. 2x aoe interrupt from tanks on middle.
    1x aoe interrupt on each side inside. Adds would be melted by the time they start second cast.

This is our breakdown for P1 from tonights kill:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&target=37 you have a severe advantage by having just one tank (my vengeance falls off as the DK a few seconds into the first pack, just get to nuke one down, while the warrior's lasts a while longer). Your destro lock is pulling far lower numbers, though, and so is your hunter. Sadly, we both probably know assas is sucky in there, but our rogue hasn't gotten combat weapons yet (as we also have the enhancement shammy who needed them more than the rogue did). If he'd been combat, I'm sure he'd have been closer to the top :/.

*shrug* swapping to pulling all 5 packs was what made the intermission more consistent for us. It might be a comp thing for us as I know for me playing WW, I got almost no damage out in a phase due to the timings on RSK when running between the packs causing me to lose uptime on it, while having my Leg sweep and FoF the back right pack and just dpsing it by myself for a bit got us a better damage spread.

I personally am of the opinion that if your comp can handle pulling all 5 packs at the same time (which not every comp can), then you're more likely better off pulling all 5 packs. Don't know where you're getting me thinking it's a "massive" damage difference though. It just helps spread the damage out better across the packs. Difference for us was only like 2 energy, but hey in the case of bad RNG that 2 energy can matter.
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2014-03-11 at 02:16 AM.

P1: If you find it impossible to consistently finish P1 before the 3rd set of melee adds just make sure you are slow/fast enough to have time to AOE them most of the way before the transition. When my guild was progressing on this fight we got the 3rd set every now and then and it wasn't a huge deal, you just have to make sure you get them all stacked quickly.

I would also suggest your mage go Arcane as single target burst is most important on this fight overall and you have plenty of other people to stay at range with no penalty in P2.

T1: For T1 we sent teams to each of the 5 groups and almost never missed the energy mark, you do need to have enough stuns/interrupts to not get raped due to AOE though.

With your current comp you should be able to have something like this work:
    Front right, Prot Pally / Resto druid
    Front Left, Guardian Druid / Hunter
    Middle, Spriest / Holy pally(AOE interrupt, kick, hammer stun)
    Back right, Lock / Mage
    Back left, Ele / Hunter (we do AOE hunter stun then 1 interrupt per add and they should be "mostly" dead before any cast again)

Just some general notes:
    Make sure your Ele Shaman saves Spirit Walkers Grace for T1 and make sure he DOESN'T have the CL glyph in(3target CL is better on this fight for T1 and MC's). I am able to get off 4 CL's on the run while getting to my group in the back(with our comp I put one into the front right and 3 into the middle). Hunters/mages/locks running to the back can also DPS the middle adds. I also get Solar Beam from our resto druid so that my group has an AOE stun(hunter) and 3 interrupts if needed(during progression it often was).

I found if I was standing on the left/middle side of the room in P1 prior to being sucked up my char/camera would be pointed directly down the hallway in T1 which I like.

GL !!

Intermission 1 is the only hard part of the fight with the nerfs. Pick talents that are optimal for this phase, even if it's slightly worse for the rest of the fight. Glyph of Havoc (warlock) is a great example of a minor loss in single target dps for a huge improvement in this transition.
    Minimerlinx - Kel'Thuzad (US)

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US22 10m, is now recruiting all classes for WoD! Apply here!