Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by goltnum9 View Post
    why you play with vsync on?

i have the same card btw. All ultra on slider , and then change shadows to good. Enjoy
    Pretty much the samething thing for me with a 6950 unlocked....and I don't see th epoint in upgrading now I want a card that will be at least 50 to 75% better than mine(r9 290x is about 50% better if not a little more but I still want to wait ONE more series)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    This is why I asked. That CPU is the bottleneck in WoW. Yes it's still an 'ok' CPU, but in terms of IPC it's matched by AMD's FX series, and almost doubled by Haswell.
    haswell/sandybride/ivybridge i5 K series all boast pretty much the same performance and are all the same price....get an haswell i5 4670k and never look back OC to 4.5Ghz and lean back and enjoy.

Deleted
    Get this upgrade now for WoW:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($254.79 @ DirectCanada)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($149.99 @ NCIX)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($86.64 @ DirectCanada)
    Total: $491.42
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-13 03:03 EDT-0400)

Then wait 3-6 months, and buy a decent quality midrangew GPU which should keep you playing at 1080p. This advice is for WoW, btw. If you're playing more intensive games, I'd look into the upcoming GTX800 series and a new PSU, just in case.

Angry chickens has it right. I'm surprised you didn't list ram as reusable or a PSU, but his build is pretty nice. If you were going to build a $1000 build that's the processor and MOBO you would use. That CPU is great and you will should really feel the difference. He picked parts that you can overclock in the future if you add an after market cooler (~$35).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Angry chickens has it right. I'm surprised you didn't list ram as reusable or a PSU, but his build is pretty nice. If you were going to build a $1000 build that's the processor and MOBO you would use. That CPU is great and you will should really feel the difference. He picked parts that you can overclock in the future if you add an after market cooler (~$35).
    I just realised that I haven't picked the right part - I thought I'd got the ASUS Z87-A in there.