Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Druid Balance] Problem with DPS.

Hello all people here!, I am new at this forum so have mercy on me. :P

I wanted to ask if someone can help me about a dps topic: Last night i was practing with the fucking dummy -even if it appears insignificant-: I started with a 490k opening (starting with the traditional: 75 lunar energy + prepot + starfall + wrath + Inc + starfall/starsturge until (and also starfall) 0 + AC, blah blah. But until a moment i was about 250-260 k
    You can search me at Armory as: Jokki US-Quel´thalas.

Later, another Moonkin with EXACTLY the same ilvl came, and started with a 550k op, but, after the opening and that, he could keep his dps in 350k in only a single target. Ridiculous.
    Here is his profile. Marais - US-Quel´thalas

So i asked about that and he recommended myself to start with the solar opener: Start with 75 solar energy + 3 mushrooms + prepot + starfall + Astral comunion for reach solar eclipse + mushrooms boom (for make the proc start from meta) and there + Inc/Nature vigil and AC all together, MF/SF, and all the same.

Even i start with a better opening dps (550k now), i cant keep it in 350-330k and i just i can put it between 260-270k what can be really ridiculous for a moonkin as me, even practicing at dummy but with a 366 ilvl.

So i came here, searching a bit for help and if someone could help me, or if can do something so someone can gimme a hand for solute this. I hope all people can read this and well, try to help a moonkin brother from another part from this huge planet.

Thanks very much for read, this is my first post so i am sorry if i commited a mistake here.

Deleted
    You don't need to start the solar opener at 75 solar energy. You can start it in solar eclipse.

Start in solar eclipse:
    Prepot + starfall
    Inc + CA
    DoT up
    Starfall when the previous one falls off
    Spam starfire/starsurge until CA is over
    Spam wrath to get into Lunar
    Spam starfire/starsurge
    Refresh DoTs before Inc is over or before you exit lunar.
    Refresh Starfall when the previous one is gone.

You don't benefit from entering the eclipse right at the pull seeing as you don't need the haste-buff for anything. Will give you a couple seconds more on the prepot at least, might help a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckgirl View Post
    You don't need to start the solar opener at 75 solar energy. You can start it in solar eclipse.

Start in solar eclipse:
    Prepot + starfall
    Inc + CA
    DoT up
    Starfall when the previous one falls off
    Spam starfire/starsurge until CA is over
    Spam wrath to get into Lunar
    Spam starfire/starsurge
    Refresh DoTs before Inc is over or before you exit lunar.
    Refresh Starfall when the previous one is gone.

You don't benefit from entering the eclipse right at the pull seeing as you don't need the haste-buff for anything. Will give you a couple seconds more on the prepot at least, might help a bit.
    Thats right, you did help me a bit more with my op. But, the problem is keeping the dps at 300k at least later about the Opening, so... need i save my log in some webpage so someone can analyze it? Thanks for answer me before

There is no way that other druid was able to maintain anywhere near 350k dps on the dummy with that gear, you must be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckgirl
    You don't benefit from entering the eclipse right at the pull seeing as you don't need the haste-buff for anything.
    By enterimg an Eclipse prepull you gain NG for the globals spent on Starfall and Incarnation. You'll want to be sitting 1 AC tick away from Solar while waiting for the pull then AC into Solar once the pull timer starts. Everyrhing else about your Solar opener is correct though.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-03-11 at 04:21 AM.

yeah, gonna have to say no way he held 350k on a dummy.

i think i burst around 780-800k on a dummy and average out around 315k over 6mins depending on rng.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    There is no way that other druid was able to maintain anywhere near 350k dps on the dummy with that gear, you must be mistaken.

By enterimg an Eclipse prepull you gain NG for the globals spent on Starfall and Incarnation. You'll want to be sitting 1 AC tick away from Solar while waiting for the pull then AC into Solar once the pull timer starts. Everyrhing else about your Solar opener is correct though.
    Ohh so can be an error... Thanks Glurp =) But, anyway, if i put here a log from worldoflogs or that sites, would you help me guys a bit about what i could do wrong for improve dps a bit more with this all that i have (solar opener, items or all what i have in armory)? (i thought seriously that 240k at Garrosh N maybe not a good score with my 566 ilvl gear, thats why); i really hate to lose with a beastmaster hunter in that fight (or maybe hunter is superbuffed in this exp? o.O)
    Thanks

Deleted
    garrosh damage will largely depend on the cleave damage you do on the adds at the beginning. I usually ignore the adds at beginning and therefore miss out on a lot of damage. This might also be the case for you.

When I asked here a long time ago, the majority said that the shapeshifting gcd is not affected by haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    When I asked here a long time ago, the majority said that the shapeshifting gcd is not affected by haste.
    Never heard that, but after testing you are correct. I guess as it is technically a shapeshift it has a locked GCD. The haste from NG still effects Starfall though.

Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post
    garrosh damage will largely depend on the cleave damage you do on the adds at the beginning. I usually ignore the adds at beginning and therefore miss out on a lot of damage. This might also be the case for you.
    Yes, that could be; i was ridiculized from a mage that laughes at my 240k (I need to comment that i am doing also axes at part1) becaus he was doing 290k.

I need to see a bit more about good things:

First, if its truth that in this exp -even if is not a good topic to ask about- if really hunters are really buffed at this exp (that can explain a bit more)
    Second, and you can tell me better: If druid, as an hybrid class (dps-healer-tank), can do a the same or more damage than a mage or a warlock.
    Third, if someone could tell me a "Hurricane Rotation" that could be effective for pve at Garrosh.
    Fourth... I need to experiment about if HotW could beat DoC, and how (Even i saw that DoC is a beautiful talent also for a good opener)

and fifth, and the most important:
    If someone needs i can try to upload my log at dummy if its possible for see if i am doing something wrong.
    Thanks so much about the answers (Sorry if i am talking or asking too much xD)

Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    1. Hunters are not super op buffed zomgnerfmsgesplxorlolx and all that nonsense.
    2. Yes balance druid will rival mage and warlock damage in most cases surpass them.
    3. Lunar then hurricane.
    4. HoTW all day.
    5. Upload if you can. I'm not sure what you are doing but I (558 iLevel) burst up to 550-600k and sit at 280 sustained.

Also I noticed you are 369 haste over cap that could be swapped out for additional crit.
    I will try at dummy to log... ¿Or should i do it with a specifical boss for all the buffs?

Keep in mind above all else how your(and conversely others') latency affects DPS numbers. It is a factor no manner of rotation/priority can fix.

Deleted
    1. Hunters are not super op buffed zomgnerfmsgesplxorlolx and all that nonsense.
    2. Yes balance druid will rival mage and warlock damage in most cases surpass them.
    3. Lunar then hurricane.
    4. HoTW all day.
    5. Upload if you can. I'm not sure what you are doing but I (558 iLevel) burst up to 550-600k and sit at 280 sustained.

Also I noticed you are 369 haste over cap that could be swapped out for additional crit.
    If you're trying to help, stop giving him wrong information and proof read before you post anything.

3. You use hurricane in both solar and lunar (it's called Astral Storm here) if there are enough adds to do so, but hurricane in SOLAR is a lot stronger than the one in lunar.
    4. HotW is your safe talent that performs well on every fight with only having marginal differences with the other talents, but if you're min/maxing you might want to try DoC on some fights.

And burst doesn't say anything because it's a small time window where you have to be extremely lucky. I've bursted 1.4 million on Thok but sometimes, but rarely, I'm at 600k.

Lastly, people need to stop looking at dps only. If you let others aoe on Garrosh while you take care of weapons, then you have a very vital role in the raidgroup but your dps will be lower than the ones aoeing. A Balance Druid is a very much wanted class in both 10m and 25m raiding because of the tools it brings to a raid. It has competative dps with strong offheals (Tranq is insane with HotW).
    Last edited by mmoc09bad01c9d; 2014-03-11 at 02:19 PM.

Thats right, the problem is that latency cant be solved ingame, or can be it? (I know, it is a bad question u.u")

Deleted
    You can queue spells, so latency shouldn't matter too much unless you have extremely high ms.

Quote Originally Posted by ReginnFFS View Post
    You can queue spells, so latency shouldn't matter too much unless you have extremely high ms.

Generally, is 196 ms. So its not so high

but if you're min/maxing you might want to try DoC on some fights.
    For someone getting furiously buttmad at people giving wrong information you seem to not know what you're actually talking about.

Deleted
    For someone getting furiously buttmad at people giving wrong information you seem to not know what you're actually talking about.
    Right .

Astral storm is Lunar NOT Solar. He asked for a "hurricane rotation" which I'm assuming he wants to do the most damage with his Hurricane. So he would want to hit lunar then use hurricane (astral storm).

DoC is very Clunky and you will see no notible gain. Give it a to see if it works for you but for manys playstyle it just sucks. Plus HoTW + Tranq will prevent a wipe in most cases.

So where was the wrong information?
    That's what I said, Hurricane transforms into Astral Form when you enter Lunar. Astral form is weaker than Hurricane so you want to AoE in SOLAR eclipse, not lunar.... What you're saying is the complete opposite. Long story short; You use HURRICANE in SOLAR ECLIPSE.

Right .

That's what I said, Hurricane transforms into Astral Form when you enter Lunar. Astral form is weaker than Hurricane so you want to AoE in SOLAR eclipse, not lunar.... What you're saying is the complete opposite. Long story short; You use HURRICANE in SOLAR ECLIPSE.

/ reports / u7banp65j65akuur /sum /damageDone/

Well, here is my report...
    Vs Malkorok Flex

PD: Check the spaces between parts from the link and worldoflogsdotcom first

(Yes, also is my first report at WoL)

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, i started with the solar opening

Deleted
    Your logs are private, meaning outsiders can't see them.

Permission denied.
    You do not have the required permissions to view this report.

I'll post a quick link for others; http://worldoflogs.com/reports/u7ban...um/damageDone/
    Last edited by mmoc09bad01c9d; 2014-03-13 at 03:00 AM.