View Poll Results: If WoW had never changed, would you still be playing?

Voters
512. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I loved it back then

159 31.05%
  • No - The QoL changes were important

305 59.57%
  • Other / Don't Care (explain below)

48 9.38%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    Maybe a daily quest that sends you out into a random place around Azeroth? Who knows!
    Oh that sounds wonderful, except the part where I feel obligated to do it every day. If MoP taught us one thing, other than Blizzard's disregard for what Mages care about *coughL90talents*, it's that DAILIES ARE BAD BAD BAD.

Pandaria did one thing fairly decently and that was all the random treasure/heirloom weapons you could find just purely out of exploration, but it needs to be expanded upon even further.

Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

I doubt it. Had WoW never evolved then I'd have found the competition more intriguing than I did and switched to them instead. Classic WoW would be grossly outdated by today's standards.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Would I still play it, sure. Does that mean that I think many of the changes over the years weren't good or needed? Absolutely not.

I'm also not crazy enough to think that the game would have ever been anything near what it turned out to be sub wise. Lets face it, the cleaner the game got the more people that played it.

How about individual raid buffs on a 40 man raid. Literally having to spam the buff 40 times then wiping, doing it again.
    Hunters didn't only have to buy ammo, they had different DPS on certain types of ammo, some of which required annoying rep grinds etc to get.

People need to stop pretending they played WoW when it first came out to look cool or boost their epeen and accept the game has had amazing positive changes over the years. The game will NEVER feel like it did on release, this isn't due to the changes in the game, it's due to the game not being new anymore.

Deal with it.

Maybe. It's always a great game to play, but it works at its best when combining aspects that worked and were added in different expansions and patches.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

If they had never changed, yes I probably would still play it, if they were to suddenly revoke all those changes they had made, no I would probably not.
    ...I can almost picture a very sad swede thinking "Thou shall not succumb to mediocrity". With a sadface indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    Maybe a daily quest that sends you out into a random place around Azeroth? Who knows!
    That's actually a nice idea.

I'd even go a step further and maybe make something like a “World Quest”. I've seen something like that in, I think it was Perfect World. I know, not a permium MMO, but their “World Quest” was one of my favourite things to do while trying out that MMO.
    If I remember correctly, you picked up that quest in the main city, and the quest-giver asked you to deliver a book. So you traveled there and picked up that book. The person that gave you said book asked you then to deliver another book to another person (who was in a different zone), and that person would then ask you to do yet another errand (which would be in yet another zone). That went on and on for usually 20+ steps. It was leading you through almost all of the world. If you had a fast flying mount it would take you maybe an hour to solve, if you only got a ground mount well, it could easily take you up to 3-4 hours. I totally loved that World-Quest daily and I have always wished for World of Warcraft to have something like that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Oh that sounds wonderful, except the part where I feel obligated to do it every day. If MoP taught us one thing, other than Blizzard's disregard for what Mages care about *coughL90talents*, it's that DAILIES ARE BAD BAD BAD.
    I do not believe that this is true.
    There was this debate in the official forums last year where some people complained about the many dailies and that apparently no one liked them.
    A Blizz-official then stated that this wasn't true and that they apparently had valid data which shows that there are actually many people who do, in fact, enjoy questing and doing daily-quests.

Those people do, indeed, exist.
    Actually, I am one of those; exploring, traveling and doing dailies is my most favourite thing to do in World of Warcraft.

You may think those people aren't around, but that only seems like that, because most of them never bother to post in the forums.

I agree with you on one point though:
    People should NOT feel obligated to do the dailies.

Blizzard should design them (and the rewards) in a way that the hard-core-instance-runners / anti-daily-individuals don't feel as if they have to do the dailies.
    One way to do that could be to offer NO high-end gear in the reputation vendors. That way the hard-core individuals wouldn't feel as if they needed to run dailies.
    Instead offer transmog sets, or even better, mounts instead. This way the ones who focus strongly on numbers and gear can just ignore the dailies if they please.
    This way they can say no longer that they must do the dailies in order to progress.