Thread: Enh Shaman aoe

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enh Shaman aoe

I am an altaholic and my enh shammy is my main but I am so tired of its clunky aoe rotation. It makes me not want to play her at times. I enjoy my aoe on so many of the other classes I play. I wish wow would do something .

Deleted
    Flame shock
    Lava lash
    ???
    Profit?

Deleted
    you can always switch to elemental

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is very clunky although it does get a tiny bit better with 4 piece.

Thats the price we pay I guess, our AoE is very good on packs that have large health pools it comes at the cost of being a quick AoE nuke like some other classes have.

If youre having trouble in raids with it, hold your Lava lash when you know adds are coming out.

In circumstances where...

1. Enemies are clumped.
    2. You can anticipate that you need to use LL to spread FS.
    3. Your primary target won't die between casting FS and LL.

...our AOE does fine. 4pcT16 is an okay perk for huge packs, but it's not something to rely on.

I think "clunky" is an overused term. It's a unique and different mechanic from other specs' AOE, and still needs further refinement.
    Hekili of <Turbo Cyborg Ninjas>
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon for Shamans, Paladins, Monks, and Hunters.

User Guides:
    Getting Started with Hekili
    Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)

The only time I really despise enhance AOE is whenever I try to do low level stuff. 40k flameshock = dead before I can lava lash, and then what... Magma Totem (which doesn't even tag)? Ha.

Whenever I feel the urge to go AOE some low level mobs I just hop on my Monk. Spinning Crane Kick > Flame Shock + remember to turn off auto attack so I don't one shot it + pray it lives + wait for Lava Lash to be off CD + Lava Lash + Fire Nova.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    I

I think "clunky" is an overused term.
    I agree, I dont think clunky is the best term to describe it (I guess its just the easiest term), because it does work it just doesnt work the same way as many other AoE's. I guess it just requires some changing of habits. Its been beaten into Enhances minds for so long to smash that SS, LL and MW*5 out.

It feels, I want to say, unnatural at times to want to hold onto a hard hitting ability like that, but I guess you have to weight up the benefit to your group if you use it for ST or hold it for AoE.

It feels, I want to say, unnatural at times to want to hold onto a hard hitting ability like that, but I guess you have to weight up the benefit to your group if you use it for ST or hold it for AoE.
    Which to me is a better system then stuff like rain of fire, mind sear, chain lightning, Howling Blast, Spin-To-Win, WW, etc., that you have to make a call mid fight to use LL now or wait and use it on adds. It's a very little difference, but it makes a huge difference in my book, because most AoE ingame is just so mindnumbing easy its not that satisfying to be in an AoE situation except watching your DPS increase.

Chain lightning can be interesting in some situations though, like slimes on Shamans were they die rather quickly and you have to change targets rather often and pick the right one or it could go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bllets View Post
    Chain lightning can be interesting in some situations though, like slimes on Shamans were they die rather quickly and you have to change targets rather often and pick the right one or it could go wrong.
    It's not interesting, it's annoying. With my progression over I don't even try to CL the slime anymore unless they're close enough to cleave from the boss. The hunters and locks in my guild take things down so quickly now that they're fully geared. I used to shine on progression though.

Quote Originally Posted by Devos Songare View Post
    It's not interesting, it's annoying. With my progression over I don't even try to CL the slime anymore unless they're close enough to cleave from the boss. The hunters and locks in my guild take things down so quickly now that they're fully geared. I used to shine on progression though.
    There is a point of dying to fast as well, I'm thankfully not at that point yet, so I still enjoy it

Rather that then mind sear or howling blast spam though.

Enhance aoe comes with the perk that you can still maintain your single target rotation while aoeing. Chain Lightning might replace Lightning Bolt but that's very minimal.

Deleted
    Been playing my enhance shammy since ICC or so, and yeah the AoE really frustrating sometimes. maybe if they had it so Lava Lash applied the flameshock DoT/ or Unleash Elements (with flame tongue) to start with it'd help - but for now you kinda just have to quickly find an add with the highest health and pray it doesn't get cleaved down fast by someone else xD Tier set kind of helps, although it's usually a case of, "okay just flame shocked something that died and ended up lava lashing a next target, oh great the tier set procced but gotta wait another 4 seconds before flame shock is ready - ah nevermind the adds are dead now!"

Flame shock, lava lash, NOOOOOOOOVA. It's not anything great but it's not exactly awful. I find it more fun than Ele. Their rotation is too hard. Chain Lightning til' it's dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot unleashed elements

Quote Originally Posted by whyabadi View Post
    Enhance aoe comes with the perk that you can still maintain your single target rotation while aoeing. Chain Lightning might replace Lightning Bolt but that's very minimal.
    So can a lot of specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by whyabadi View Post
    /thread.

I mean seriously..you keep to maintain your normal rotation while you do shit loads of AoE dmg..
    The only downside is

Quote Originally Posted by delk View Post
    The only time I really despise enhance AOE is whenever I try to do low level stuff. 40k flameshock = dead before I can lava lash, and then what... Magma Totem (which doesn't even tag)? Ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    /thread.

I mean seriously..you keep to maintain your normal rotation while you do shit loads of AoE dmg..
    The only downside is
    Most specs lose minimal single target dps aoeing. This is not a perk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Most specs lose minimal single target dps aoeing. This is not a perk.
    It is, really. Take sha of pride as an example. If you have hunters misdirecting the adds to the tank, enhancement is the only melee DPS who can passively take them down without actually standing on top of them, and get a DPS increase on the boss doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Garrosh is a good example for this, our AoE on that 1st phase is very solid.
    Not only is it solid but I don't think my Single Target beats my AoE damage for the fight... Fire Nova is always my most damaging spell on that fight.