Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    Simply put, you're wrong.

The maintenance of servers and "constant" development costs are part of the operating costs which sub fees more than pay for with lots of profit to spare.
    Citation needed

As for Sony and MS and their ways, I don't know how much of an outlier those two examples are but it is well known that those companies are afraid of stepping on the toes of retailers, at least for now. One only needs to look at how PSP downloads cost more than the physical game.
    So I was correct in what I said about consoles and Blizzard, you absolutely can use them in the same context. Sony/MS take the entire cut AND charge more, wasnt that your original point?
    Plus those prices are still cheaper than Blizzard.
    False £39.99 for the last of us is not cheaper than 34.99 for WoD.

Compare the typical console game on a store shelf with this purely digital Blizzard product in an honest comparison.
    I don't get this comment. The whole post doesn't negate anything I said at all, its also not a purely digital item, it will be available in hard copy, so distribution, marketing, physical production all count here as well. Am I suppose to compare this with say CoD on ps4 that cost £50 and has £100 worth of DLC?

Blizzards secondary income system of character transfers/pets etc are the only things I would knock Blizzard for. because they are a joke.

End of the day, call me wrong all you like, doesn't matter, they are all after your money, if people don't like the prices, dont buy it.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2014-03-13 at 08:46 PM.

So. I just noticed the priced increased $5 on the website, is this true for anyone else or is it just auto matching to what it would be in my currency?

Quote Originally Posted by Guinzil View Post
    15 bucks a months is $180 a year, for a game that updates less than once a year and also asks $50 for expansions.

How is this acceptable to you? It's not a matter of "pfff I make $4k a month, I don't care about $15", it's about companies getting away with shit like this.
    The game updates at least 5 significant times over every 2 years. At least be correct and honest and if you are going to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the free ninety come up with all that stuff to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn shame Flying mounts won't be permitted in the new zones, garrisons can't be moved / renamed / customized, some of the new models might not make it in time, and now the Capital Cities have been dumped in exchange for some crappy little forts in a PvP zone.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That is different from Classic, TBC, WotLK and MoP...how?
    It's people jumping on a complaining band wagon without thinking
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That is different from Classic, TBC, WotLK and MoP...how?
    Oh come on det.... even you aren't that dense. Aside from classic where flying mounts didn't exist, flying mounts have always been usable in the new zones once a character hit max level and got whatever license was needed.

Another way of saying that is that for as long as flying mounts have existed in the game, we've been able to fly at max level in the new expansion zones. WoD changes that at least until 6.1... and if you think they'll bring flying back after that you're more optimistic than I am.

The objection to Blizzard's flying stance in WoD has never been that we can't fly while leveling. That's a red herring put about by people like you. The objection is that they're changing how flying at max level works for no well-articulated reason (and no, 'breaks immersion' isn't one).
    Last edited by clevin; 2014-07-15 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    WoD changes that at least until 6.1... and if you think they'll being flying back after that you're more optimistic than I am.
    Especially if you consider how Blizzard determines "success" in the game. It has nothing to do with what people actually like, but what they accept because they either have no option or Blizzard bribes them with in-game items. Take Arenas as an example of the latter, or, for the former, the fact that the Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands was only supposed to be level-limited until the traffic to Outland died down some after The Burning Crusade was released.

Nevermind that a large portion of the major game changes they make are to make their life easier, not the players, and certainly not to make things more fun. The biggest example of that is the Talent system.

So, yes, Blizzard deserves every ounce of criticism they get about changes such as this, the fortress situation, the leaving out of "promised" features, and so on and so forth.

so excited. just boosted a druid for his versatile playstyle. love everything i see so far.

getting gears is quick, farming is a breeze,

boosted character has pretty much all the necessity and can be used right away without much hassle. farming in timeless isle is SO addictive if you are in a dominate fraction on PVP!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    The objection is that they're changing how flying at max level works for no well-articulated reason (and no, 'breaks immersion' isn't one).
    Not sure why "breaks immersion" isn't a valid reason, Blizzard have articulated the reason well enough in my opinion, and personally I'm willing to trust the designers of a game reaching its 10yr anniversary with 7m+ subs.

well, after all we are all spoiled and want to go faster and faster. Efficiency over all, right!!?

it's a habit not a conscious choice. with flying mounts, who needs ground mounts!!!

but flying is not well integrated with the core game mechanics which is fighting mobs/players in general so i am quite happy to see it go