Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    what beats me is the Draenei male, i really don't understand the body type, but then Draenei aren't human so who's to say that's not natural for them.. but it's true though warcraft males are oerly muscular now i think about it.. and more werid for not having body hair/adam's apples and bulges.. furthermore, aren't medival like time ssuppose to be tiems when people were really hungry and worked long and hard in the sun, making them lean and toned/wiry not bulky burly - unless they were blacksmiths/woodcutters or plowmen, masons.
    I think magic and the level of technology in the setting differentiate it from the middle ages. It's more early renaissance but you can't directly compare it to our own history. Usually it's only low magic fantasy settings (like GoT or LOTR) that tend to approximate the early middle ages.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

I find it absolutely hilarious people are arguing the bulge idea here, and I don't mean the one on your throat.

What the fuck? I don't think I've ever seen one on a man wearing any decent amount of clothing, meaning, anything more than underwear.

Seems like some weird fantasy you people are having.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blech. I don't personally find Adam's apples very attractive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post
    I find it absolutely hilarious people are arguing the bulge idea here, and I don't mean the one on your throat.

What the fuck? I don't think I've ever seen one on a man wearing any decent amount of clothing, meaning, anything more than underwear.

Seems like some weird fantasy you people are having.
    You'd see it on guys wearing leather or relatively tight cloth.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs lack a bulge because they are not big enough for them. This is why they need to fight and conqueror

I was going to say that the discussion of the order of magnitude of male video game character genitalia would only occur on MMO-Champion, but then realized that this would also happen on 4Chan.

Is that where we have fallen?
    Call me Cassandra

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I live in Europe, and every male I see has an Adam's apple -- unless they've got more than one chin in which i assume it's there but hidden in the fat. In fact i've noticed a few women with a slight one, and it's a turn off - altho they do tend to be ridiculously thin mostly and very beautiful/pretty (no most very thing women don't have Adam's apples, i'ti's just a few every once in a blue moon that have a tiny peck but usually you can see their whole throat cos they're skinny. So i'd wager over half the human population has an enlarged larynx [Adam's apple - all men and a few women]

some new video games have male toons with body hair, adam's apples and even a bulge - SWTOR for example, male toons have a bulge but no body hair and their Twi'lek and Voss npcs had an adam's apple added. ESO - the male toon has an adam's apple, body hair you can vary.

Anyway, 2 of these 3 things most men I know are quite proud to have - (except the body buildiers)..i.e a bulge and chest hairs
    Have you been out of Europe? Genereally speaking the average size of the male populations in places like Australia, New Zealand, USA are quite larger than those living in Europe and not everyone of those men have an Adam's Apple. It could be a western European trait that is bred out in these places because of the expanded gene pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    You'd see it on guys wearing leather or relatively tight cloth.
    yeah.. altho there are ways to really hide it if you pack it well, avoid embarassing hard ons.. the worse is if you're a dance/actor in tights or cycling or swimming, or wear a good suit - but people in that era hardly cared, and stuff was made to fit. I woduln't expect much of people in mail or plate, but def in leather and non-robed cloths.. plus of cause when you remove all gear.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2014-03-10 at 11:02 PM.

someone pls explain to me what is the problem with these games and adding height/weight sliders? I mean ESO does it easily, but like the above mentioned male specific features, they seem to be very rare, and always highly sought after? is there some design issue with allowing height/weight sliders?
    There is a design issue with making all the gear in the game scale with the different sliders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Blech. I don't personally find Adam's apples very attractive.
    you mean it matters to you? i don't get it, it's a male feature, you'd be hard pressed to find a guy who doesn't have one, unless you are female and into chubby guys or you'''re one of these guys who doesn't like himself.

it's like the guys who constantly wax their chest hairs, some even do their entire body, i don't get it, it's part of you..unless you're very hairy. i don't get what the big fascination of clean shaven is either. I just know it can look tidier and be more manageable than a stubble or a full beard, but on the downside, you have to shave like EVERYDAY to keep it up and that is high maintenance too.. but then if you have to trim every few days to look presentable I guess i can understand why you'd just shave it every day and egt over it.

I only shave if my job demands it. and since i'm postgrad and they don't care about such things unlike sixth form or secondary school where we HAD to have every facial hair off... anyway, chicks dig a bit of stubble anyway. At least over here in the UK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Have you been out of Europe? Genereally speaking the average size of the male populations in places like Australia, New Zealand, USA are quite larger than those living in Europe
    Only if you take Europe as a whole. You wouldn't replicate those findings with Northern or central Europeans and some others. And Americans aren't particularly large, the recorded average height there is below what you'd find in Europe. Unless you mean they're more rotund.

Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    There is a design issue with making all the gear in the game scale with the different sliders.
    I thought about that, but imagined you would design the gear and the way you did the gear with that in mind..which shows they didn' really think about it.. unless it was too much hassle..but then again it is so popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    yeah.. altho there are ways to really hide it if you pack it well, avoid embarassing hard ons.. the worse is if you're a dance/actor in tights or cycling or swimming, or where a good suit - but people in that era hardly cared, and stuff was made to fit. I woduln't expect much of people in mail or plate, but def in leather and non-robed cloths.. plus of cause when you remove all gear.
    Plate/mail armour also makes an allowance for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    you mean it matters to you? i don't get it, it's a male feature, you'd be hard pressed to find a guy who doesn't have one, unless you are female and into chubby guys or you'''re one of these guys who doesn't like himself.
    Does it matter to me? Just in small enough amounts to post on a forum.

Both males and females have an Adam's apple, but not all males have one so prominent. I just don't find prominent Adam's apples attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Plate/mail armour also makes an allowance for it.
    Codpieces, eh?

Thaladhrun is right, you woudl presumably be able to determine the thickness of body hair, or like the dwarf models there would just be a standard, typicallyon the lighter side.

either way, i think at least an adam's apple would frame the human/nelf & belf male heads better and they should add it to them, espeically the NElf. and with gear off, all should have a bulge - except perhaps for forsaken and gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    Codpieces, eh?
    in the tower of london, I saw mail suits that had a codpieces, in fact, it would look really weird I can imagine in those days not to have one.

indeed

In fairness, we don't know if night elves or blood elves are supposed to have adam's apples at all, in fact, only humans we can make that assumption with if those humans are the same as us, cos the models show no male race with male genetals, sure it could be there but as there is no bulge, maybe it's different for those races.

and as for hair on the body, well we can only assume also, so it would be nice to know if this is there

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really even looked out for the adams apple in this game before, and that's pretty much proof that I couldn't give less of a crap about it. Though if it makes some people happier, attention to detail is key, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post
    I never really even looked out for the adams apple in this game before, and that's pretty much proof that I couldn't give less of a crap about it. Though if it makes some people happier, attention to detail is key, I guess.
    fixed that for you.

detail is everything... yeah previously i didn't care less, until i picked up a video game that actually had males with Adam's apples, crotch bulges, chest hairs, i ntoiced it immediately and it fit like a glove, didn't realize how weird it was before, because largely your mind fixes this cartoony 3-d representation isn't real so you accept much of the missing details tehse things have until you watch or play one that has it, you instantly notice it and you instantly prefer stuff with the correction than without.