Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What is wrong with waiting?

No, seriously. What is wrong with waiting for WoD. Would you rather them rush it and we get a piece of shit handed to us? Albeit, there is no GUARANTEE that it will be perfect, but heck with a longer wait time it means they get more time to work on it and make it the best. Its so early in the year, and everything Blizzard is doing, with the past two blogs, tweeting at people, artcrafts, adding Draenei and Blood Elf models ON LAUNCH, I don't see why so many people are just complaining.

Yes, I understand you believe you deserve this. I understand the same content gets old after awhile. You can take a break, no one is stopping you. WoW will STILL be here when you get back. But you have to understand. You aren't an employee at Blizzard. You don't know what is happening inside that building or anything about WoD besides what is TOLD to you. From what I have seen so far, if Blizzard keeps this up, I would wait till the filler date of 12-20-14.

And you guys act like you won't get content for another year. Which may be true, although I doubt this will be the case. Some people will be popping out beta videos when it is released, which can be considered content for those who want to see it. Other people have to remember we will be getting 6.0 before WoD is released, and an EARLY fall date is being aimed for. So even if we have a month for 6.0 before the release, we still wouldn't have SoO for a year by itself.

A little side note before I end this, yes, the expansion is $50 dollars. $10 bucks more than MoP. But shockingly, WoD has more than MoP *sarcastic gasp*. Let's rattle them off;
    • 10 levels vs 5 levels.
    • A personal garrison that everyone in your party can see/visit vs A farm only you can see.
    • 2 Raids with 4 levels of difficulty (LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic) vs 3 Raids with 3 difficulties (LFR, Normal, Heroic) - W/ WoD having more Bosses
    • Ashran vs No new World Battleground
    • 6 New dungeons with 3 being max level only vs 9 new dungeons with 3 being max level only. (But Heroic Dungeons in WoD will require an attunement w/ silver in PG)
    • Level 90 Character
    • Item Squish
    Wow - I listed off just SOME and it already looks better than MoP in my eyes.

If we wait, we'll get something we love. If we rush them, we'll get something we hate.

So lets wait.

Because 12+ months of zero new content for a subscription based game is absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the both of you, nothing is wrong with waiting. Nothing is wrong with unsubscribing for a few months either if you're done. I agree with both of you given the fact that there's no real choice in the matter and that Blizzard seems completely incapable of doing any better. I had sort of hoped they would finally be a little different this time but it's not going to happen. They should be faster though. Meanwhile, I have some things to do but if I wrap things up I'm out until just before it launches.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbathed View Post
    And you guys act like you won't get content for another year. Which may be true, although I doubt this will be the case. Some people will be popping out beta videos when it is released, which can be considered content for those who want to see it. Other people have to remember we will be getting 6.0 before WoD is released, and an EARLY fall date is being aimed for. So even if we have a month for 6.0 before the release, we still wouldn't have SoO for a year by itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Because 12+ months of zero new content for a subscription based game is absurd.
    Won't be 12+ months. Can say that confidently right now.

You shouldn't have to choose a rushed game or waiting forever. They have been dropping the ball left and right in the last year. Server mergers are taking forever and killing some of the servers it was supposed to help. WoD is being drawn out more and more each day it seems. Will it take until December, I doubt it but anything after September will be way the hell to long for most. The bumped up the price to add in a "free" feature many don't care about or want.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    For the both of you, nothing is wrong with waiting. Nothing is wrong with unsubscribing for a few months either.
    Exactly, that's what I have said. If you want to unsub, go ahead and take a break. WoW will be here if you want to come back. I would encourage people to wait.

You misunderstand the people who are angry at waiting. They aren't asking for a rushed product, they were hoping developer resources had been allocated when they were anticipating this timeline.

Remember when ICC was out for over a year? There were comments from Blizzard that they wanted to avoid that. Faster content, they said.

For the both of you, nothing is wrong with waiting. Nothing is wrong with unsubscribing for a few months either.
    There's nothing wrong with waiting no but the wait Blizzard tends to put on people goes into the extreme range on a sub based game. The 3.3 to 4.0 length and 4.3 to 5.0 patches were self admitted failures in their eyes but yet they repeat the same mistake for a third expansion in a row, and with a team 40% bigger than in the past.

Blizzard has top quality games but these waits tend to be a bit ridiculous. MoP was rushed through, patch wise, like crazy only for the developers to hit a block and have what could possibly be the longest raid tier in history?

Won't be 12+ months. Can say that confidently right now.
    That is just a guess right now we have no way of knowing for sure. SoO went live 9/10 as things keep getting drawn out we are getting closer and closer to that 12 month mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The bumped up the price to add in a "free" feature many don't care about or want.
    Did you not read the list of stuff to WHY it isn't bad that it is $10 bucks more. And really I mean if people are complaining over $10 dollars how do you stay subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    You misunderstand the people who are angry at waiting. They aren't asking for a rushed product, they were hoping developer resources had been allocated when they were anticipating this timeline.

Remember when ICC was out for over a year? There were comments from Blizzard that they wanted to avoid that. Faster content, they said.
    Then they said it again when DS was going on forever. Blizzard loves to tell us things will be better then do it to us over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post

And when they took their time, did they not come out with good content? I felt DS was rushed like they were working on something else, but Firelands had good amount of time put into it, and it felt amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would dearly love to know what they were thinking about at Blizzcon when they were talking about this. I dunno. Maybe Street leaving was more of a blow to progress and project management than they thought then. We can always hope that someone at Blizzard gets asked just that. I don't expect it to be answered completely honestly but there is certainly a disconnect between how they were feeling about it then and what is going on now.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I don't mind waiting. But I have to admit that I'm already extremely fed up with SoO to the point where I almost have to force myself to log on for raids.
    And if people really don't want to, then just unsubscribe and find something else to do, or another game to play. Personally I picked up D3 again which is a good substitute

Did you not read the list of stuff to WHY it isn't bad that it is $10 bucks more. And really I mean if people are complaining over $10 dollars how do you stay subbed.
    It's not the fact that people can't afford the extra 10, it's that there seems to be nothing to justify it. A boost to 90 that quite a few may not have any use for and was promised to be free, less dungeons, only two raids at launch, no new classes or races, and anything from 10 months to over a year of the same content before they even get to play it. THAT might be what people are upset over.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

When you are counting things like 5 more levels as a reason no, that doesn't count. 5 10 it is the same either way. Having 1 more raid difficulty isn't anything new so not really worth mentioning, we have 4 now so it isn't a new feature. As far as why people are upset over the price change, is the fact it really seems like they are charging a discounted price for a free feature with the 90 boost. A feature many don't seem to care about or want and certainly don't want to pay for. The amount of the price bump isn't really the issue just that they changed it as they are started to nickle and dime people more and more.

I'm not sure what that 'list of WoD things' is at the top. The only thing that isn't done almost every expansion is Garrisons.

MoP had a new race, a new class, completely revamped talents, an entirely new location and theme etc. I think the problem with the wait isn't just the wait, but that at the end of the wait there aren't really any big new changes. Garrisons are the only new feature to look out for. New models are great but they don't really add anything to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    It's not the fact that people can't afford the extra 10, it's that there seems to be nothing to justify it. A boost to 90 that quite a few may not have any use for and was promised to be free, less dungeons, only two raids at launch, no new classes or races, and anything from 10 months to over a year of the same content before they even get to play it. THAT might be what people are upset over.
    5 extra levels, more raid bosses, new models, a new AI system that may be implemented to all NPCs, and I don't even know HOW many more zones.

What does it take to convince you that the $10 dollars isn't because of the "boosted 90"? There is more content there than MoP, and it deserves a higher price.

I would dearly love to know what they were thinking about at Blizzcon when they were talking about this. I dunno. Maybe Street leaving was more of a blow to progress and project management than they thought then. We can always hope that someone at Blizzard gets asked just that. I don't expect it to be answered completely honestly but there is certainly a disconnect between how they were feeling about it then and what is going on now.
    Interesting and good point about ghostcrawler leaving. Many here and on other forum boards blame him for everything and anything they didn't like about the game. Oddly enough in some ways they still get to do that just from a different angle now.

Exactly, that's what I have said. If you want to unsub, go ahead and take a break. WoW will be here if you want to come back. I would encourage people to wait.
    So would I. If enough of us unsubscribed and moved on to other MMOs, maybe they'd get their act together and product quicker expansions with not three parts but four (real ones, mop was still 3 with a semi between tot and siege) five or even six parts and we'd actually have things in like "four months of this, then four months of that, etc" instead of "six, six, we're done here so have twelve" cycles.

Otherwise, "vote with your wallet" approach aspect of moving on to other games or hobbies besides WoW will at least cause some kind of change.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."