10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well, yes. I thought italicizing slightly would be enough to indicate that he's probably making a vast amount more then Pryor, regardless of his actual salary being 100k less. But sarcasm doesn't translate on the internet etc. etc.

How are we feeling about the schedule coming out later? Any games you absolutely want to see late or early in the season, or would absolutely hate being a thursday game? (here's a list of team's home/away games this year)

I'm absolutely praying Patriots don't get Chargers or Raiders on Thursday or Monday. I would also like it if we get Patriots-Packers somewhere late in the season. Would love to see them clash in freezing temperatures at Lambeau Field when both teams are getting ready to face the post season.
    The schedule is slowly being leaked.

Seattle wont play Denver, Giants, Cowboys, or 49ers in the openers according to the leaks. Oakland, GB, St. Louis, and Arizona are the potentials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    The schedule is slowly being leaked.

Seattle wont play Denver, Giants, Cowboys, or 49ers in the openers according to the leaks. Oakland, GB, St. Louis, and Arizona are the potentials.
    Green Bay - Seattle season opener would be fun to watch.

Division games are too personal and important to have them open the season with, I feel. I'd rather have a neutral, but good oppponent to start the year.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Broncos: A Super Bowl rematch with Peyton Manning trying to get revenge on the Seahawks seems like a logical choice for the 2014 regular season opener, but my guess is that it won't happen. Since the defending champion started hosting the opener in 2004, there's only been an inter-conference game once and that was when the Colts and Saints kicked off the 2007 season. That's one time in 10 years. Also, the Broncos played in last year's opener, so the NFL may want to get some fresh blood in the game. The Saints did play in the season opener twice in a row in 2010 and 2011, but the 2011 game was a chance for the NFL to match up the past two Super Bowl champions that year in Green Bay and New Orleans. Chances of Denver appearing in the regular season opener: 15 percent.

49ers: San Francisco seems like the obvious choice to open the 2014 season in Seattle, but no choice is ever obvious or easy in the NFL because the NFL doesn't do obvious or easy. One thing keeping a 49ers-Seahawks opener from happening is that the 49ers will be opening a new stadium and the league might want to give San Francisco a Sunday night opener in Week 1 to show off San Francisco's Field of Jeans, which is actually in Santa Clara. Also, Fox may do everything it can to keep 49ers-Seahawks. The network has only aired one of four Seattle-San Francisco regular season games since 2012. Chances of San Francisco appearing in the regular season opener: 25 percent.

Only 2 teams people wanna see Seattle play.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ut-against-who
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Green Bay - Seattle season opener would be fun to watch.

Division games are too personal and important to have them open the season with, I feel. I'd rather have a neutral, but good oppponent to start the year.
    It will be Arizona. Only team to win at Seattle in the past 2 years.

Rumor is now that it will be GB vs Seattle in the opener. Don't really see much in that.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2014-04-23 at 10:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fixed. Hes got so many local endorsements here.

Speaking of Russell Wilson, hes filed a divorce with his wife. Strange....
    He had to get it out of the way before the new contract.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Future earnings.

Learn it.
    Love it.

Sign a bunch of 1 year deals til the divorce cannot touch it or she has her own reality show.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Vetali; 2014-04-23 at 11:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Packers at Seattle for season opener, yes! Going to look at the rest of schedule now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the silver lining is 3 10am starts with only having to travel across the country for one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints have a fairly early bye again, boo. Got to go to Chicago in mid-December, yuck (night game too... brrrrrr). Packers, Niners, Ravens, and Bengals are all home games, that's not so bad, but they're bunched up, Week 8-15 is TOUGH.

Packers
    @Panthers
    49ers
    Bengals
    Ravens
    @Steelers
    Panthers
    @Bears

I hope everybody is healthy for that stretch. Sunday night game followed by Thursday night game is gonna be demanding.
    Last edited by draynay; 2014-04-24 at 12:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, having a first look at it, I'm not dissatisfied. Most of it is a mix of easy and difficult games with no really stupid stuff.

Possible bad things:

• 3 away games in the first 4 weeks, crowned by a Monday night game at the Chiefs in week 4
    • Home against the Bengals following that Monday night game. Could have definitely been easier game there with a shorter week
    • Week 13 to 16 is rough. At Greenbay, At Chargers, home against Miami and then at Jets. That's 2 playoff teams + our generally most difficult divisional game all away games in a 4 week span, with another divisional game as the only slight breather.

Possible good things:

• Never more then 2 "hard" games after eachother. There's an "easier" game or bye week to break it up every time
    • Thursday night game is at home, and preceded by a game against the Bills (which is about as easy as it gets in Patriots schedule)
    • Bye week in week 10, and directly after the game against the Broncos

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused. In previous years every team played exactly 1 Thursday game in weeks 2-15 (3 games on Thabksgiving). The Bears play 2 Thursday games in a row this year? What's different? Anyone else play 2 Thursday games? I know the Cowboys do

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Saints have a fairly early bye again, boo. Got to go to Chicago in mid-December, yuck (night game too... brrrrrr). Packers, Niners, Ravens, and Bengals are all home games, that's not so bad, but they're bunched up, Week 8-15 is TOUGH.

Packers
    @Panthers
    49ers
    Bengals
    Ravens
    @Steelers
    Panthers
    @Bears

I hope everybody is healthy for that stretch. Sunday night game followed by Thursday night game is gonna be demanding.
    That does not seem too bad, most of the hard games seem like they are at home.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I'm confused. In previous years every team played exactly 1 Thursday game in weeks 2-15 (3 games on Thabksgiving). The Bears play 2 Thursday games in a row this year? What's different? Anyone else play 2 Thursday games? I know the Cowboys do
    That is kinda weird BUT 1 of the games is Thanksgiving, I think, so that's not an "official" Thursday night game. And if you are playing 2 thursday games it's probably better to have them back to back so you don't have several short weeks in your season. It's an odd way to handle things, but I think this is probably the best solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...sonal-matters/

ffs don't let shit start hitting the fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...sonal-matters/

ffs don't let shit start hitting the fan.
    That sucks, he seems to have had a big hand in getting Seahawks good players. The fact he's had these personal problems twice now could either mean it's bad and he's doing it to prevent getting fired or it's just a matter he doesn't want out in public cause it would embaress him, or possibly someone in his family.

I can very well imagine that if someone in his family has an issue that he wants to be home for that he wouldn't want to emberass them. Just as an example: "Yeah my wife/daughter/son is clinically depressed/anorexic/on drugs so I'm going to need to work from home to prevent them killing themselves." If such a thing was the case (and is in fact a returning issue as seen from him having done this before) then I can imagine him not hanging his dirty laundry out to dry.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sucks, he seems to have had a big hand in getting Seahawks good players. The fact he's had these personal problems twice now could either mean it's bad and he's doing it to prevent getting fired or it's just a matter he doesn't want out in public cause it would embaress him, or possibly someone in his family.

I can very well imagine that if someone in his family has an issue that he wants to be home for that he wouldn't want to emberass them. Just as an example: "Yeah my wife/daughter/son is clinically depressed/anorexic/on drugs so I'm going to need to work from home to prevent them killing themselves." If such a thing was the case (and is in fact a returning issue as seen from him having done this before) then I can imagine him not hanging his dirty laundry out to dry.
    I'm sure it wont be a noticeable loss for a while. I've been watching the Mariners so I'm overly pessimistic lately.

Is it just me or does San Diego ALWAYS play on that first monday night game? Pick someone else for christs sake

10+ Year Old Account
    Super bowl champions always get the hardest schedule (I guess the losers do to, supposedly) That is one of the reasons why superbowl teams have been missing the playoffs lately.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Is it just me or does San Diego ALWAYS play on that first monday night game? Pick someone else for christs sake
    The game starts at 10:20pm on a monday night... East coast viewers will be hard press to watch that on a weekday, so kidda makes sense when you think about it.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2014-04-24 at 02:02 PM.