15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Looks like the Saints were just waiting for everyone to set their practice squads before waiving Griffin and re-signing Graham to kick, sneaky.
    So they were looking for a better kicker and could not get one?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking Welker.

Dunno who to start now, have Riley Cooper and Brian Hartline as backups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    So they were looking for a better kicker and could not get one?
    they wanted to waive Griffin when other teams were not in a good position to nab him so they can get him on the practice squad after everybody else has already figured out their QB arrangements

15+ Year Old Account
    they wanted to waive Griffin when other teams were not in a good position to nab him so they can get him on the practice squad after everybody else has already figured out their QB arrangements
    So he is on the practice squad and not on the real team?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the Saints were just waiting for everyone to set their practice squads before waiving Griffin and re-signing Graham to kick, sneaky.
    I thought the Seahawks were doing the same thing with Phil Bates, but their practice squad is full. Its really interesting that he was cut after clearly beating Walters.

Just doesn't make sense unless they changed their mind because Walters can return punts if needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Explains his career.
    Not exactly PEDs. Not sure why people hate on Welker, hes a decent receiver that has had the amazing fortune of playing for Tom Brady and Manning, plus he goes over the middle, which a lot of receivers are to afraid to do.

Also, if its true that he was taking laced ecstasy, that is HILARIOUS. And explains this entirely:

- - - Updated - - -

(I mean the suit of course)
    You're a towel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Not exactly PEDs. Not sure why people hate on Welker, hes a decent receiver that has had the amazing fortune of playing for Tom Brady and Manning, plus he goes over the middle, which a lot of receivers are to afraid to do.

Also, if its true that he was taking laced ecstasy, that is HILARIOUS. And explains this entirely

- - - Updated - - -

(I mean the suit of course)
    I thought you meant the hat. The suit is not too bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do amphetamines have a beneficial long-term effect? I thought they were a midgame PED?

10+ Year Old Account
    The NFL rules are weird. Like they don't wnat you doing it on your offtime even. Its not exactly a PED either to be honest, I mean..it has big downsides.

- - - Updated - - -

They don't wnat you doing it on the offtime in case you are using it to train basically, even drugs that have nothing to do with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Also a four game suspension is probably good for Welker, let his head get better hopefully
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    Michael Sam is flying into Dallas on Tuesday night and will take a physical for the Cowboys on Wednesday, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. If Sam passes his physical, the Cowboys intend to sign him to their practice squad, the source said.-ESPN

As a Cowboy fan, I'm all for it as the Defense needs all the help it can get.
    Agreed. Give the guy a shot. Dallas can use anything right now. I mean, the guy isn't terrible. And Dallas knows how to deal with publicity people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    The NFL rules are weird. Like they don't wnat you doing it on your offtime even. Its not exactly a PED either to be honest, I mean..it has big downsides.

- - - Updated - - -

They don't wnat you doing it on the offtime in case you are using it to train basically, even drugs that have nothing to do with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Also a four game suspension is probably good for Welker, let his head get better hopefully
    His ego or his real head? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    the suit is pretty standard Welker fare, the hat is problematic

the suit is pretty standard Welker fare, the hat is problematic
    Was the photo taken at the Kentucky Derby? Cuz I think they have a thing for hats during that event. So the hat would be acceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post
    Was the photo taken at the Kentucky Derby? Cuz I think they have a thing for hats during that event. So the hat would be acceptable.
    then I find the state of Kentucky unacceptable

15+ Year Old Account
    then I find the state of Kentucky unacceptable
    Don't you live in LA?

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Fucking Welker.

Dunno who to start now, have Riley Cooper and Brian Hartline as backups.
    Cooper will be a solidly producing WR this year. The Eagles offense is just too good for him to not get 50+ yards a game and 6-7 catches.

I'm really ready for the season to start now. I don't think I've had expectations this high for an Eagles team in a decade (although, shitty Dream Team had some serious expectations, but I was way too disillusioned with Reid to think it'd work).

I see the Eagles anywhere from 10-14 wins. losses being @GB, Sea, @Ind, @SF, @Dallas, @Arizona in order of most to least likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing I passed on Welker, I almost picked him up for my team. I have Megatron, Keenan Allen, Mike Wallace, and Riley Cooper as my WRs.

The NFL is always unpredictable, but let's try anyway:

NFC West:
    1. Seahawks- I admit bias, but Seattle returns most of its potent defense and will be stronger offensively this season
    2. Niners- Despite the rough offseason, hard to rule out as a potential playoff team. Like last year, slow start, and they find a groove too late
    3. Cardinals- Possibly tied with Niners in division standings and barely miss playoffs on tiebreakers
    4. Rams- No Bradford: very little chance of climbing the standings in a tough division

NFC North:
    1. Packers- This division should be a fun race, but healthy Rodgers makes Green Bay an obvious favorite here.
    2. Lions- The Lions will finally eke out a playoff berth and somehow not shoot themselves in the foot this season (bold, I know)
    3. Bears- Receivers should be fun to watch, but the defense will not improve enough to surpass the Lions or Packers
    4. Vikings- They lose too many divisional games; starting Bridgewater is too little too late for this season

NFC South:
    1. Saints- They rack up some serious offense this year and continue the NFC South tradition of division winners failing to repeat
    2. Panthers- Fall off a little from last year, but defense keeps them in fierce competition for a playoff berth
    3. Falcons- Won't have as tough of a year as last one, but won't make much headway in this division.
    4. Buccaneers- Won't be the dumpster fire they were under Schiano, but they are a "I'll believe it when I see it" team for me

NFC East:
    1. Eagles- Their schedule pits them against last year's worst division (AFC South) and this year's potentially worst division (NFC East); they may ride this to a high seed
    2. Giants- If Eli can bounce back from last year, they'll at least be mediocre
    3. Cowboys- Tony Romo successfully sues defense for abusive work conditions. Perennial 8-8 team won't make it to that mark
    4. Redskins- The defense won't save many games if RGIII continues his woes

AFC West:
    1. Broncos- As long as Manning's brain remains healthy, there is no reason to assume they won't continue their dominance this season
    2. Chargers- Despite a tough schedule, last year's 6 seed finds itself squeaking into the playoffs again (but not making it far)
    3. Chiefs- After greatly exceeding expectations last year, Andy Reid and co. find themselves falling back to Earth
    4. Raiders- Will get punched in the mouth by the AFC and NFC Wests

AFC North:
    1. Bengals- Will be the 4 seed, and finally get that playoff win. But just one.
    2. Ravens- Someone has to make it into the AFC playoffs. Ravens are balanced enough to get in, but then lose to Cinci
    3. Steelers- Won't be bad, but I see Baltimore as more likely to rise out of the middle
    4. Browns- One QB knows the playbook; the other can make plays. Neither has Josh Gordon to throw to this year

AFC South:
    1. Colts- The division as a whole should be better this year, but the Colts take it again
    2. Jaguars- Have added talent on defense; will surprise and overtake Tennessee this year. Bortles gets the nod soon
    3. Titans- AFC South has the most favorable schedule on paper which may translate into extra W's for these teams. Yet again, this team is dependent on Locker's health
    4. Texans- Will feature an exciting pass rush, but the offense has too much to figure out to move up this year.

AFC East:
    1. Patriots- Tom Brady. Upgraded secondary. Easier projected schedule than Broncos results in 1 seed
    2. Jets- Another "I'll believe it when I see it" team. Not a contender yet, but solid enough for second in the division
    3. Dolphins- Once again Ryan Tannehill will have bruised glutes for much of the season.
    4. Bills- Defense will keep them in many games, but they won't have the QB play to pull out many wins

NFC playoff seeding will depend heavily on whether the South or West performs better overall, and whether San Fran or Carolina gets a wild card spot. Saints and Seahawks both have great home-field advantages and the winner of the weaker division between the two will have the clearest path for a Super Bowl run.

AFC playoffs will again feature the Brady/Manning juggernaut battle

Super Bowl prediction (laced with optimism): Seattle repeats, beating New England.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2014-09-03 at 09:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how Welker made a statement that he's going to do everything in his power to get these wrongful NFL standerds amended. He did drugs when he knew he'd be tested for drugs, not exactly sure which wrongful NFL standerds need adressing in this scenario.

Also read this probably costs him 700k in game checks, 700k in roster bonuses and 470k in signing bonus for a whopping total of 1.87M lost due to this fuck up. No wonder he's salty.

To be fair though, I love the guy. He was a major reason the 2007 Patriots were so good, which is what made me fall in love with the game. He's forever part of the reason I started watching football. But this was just a dumb move by him.

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't starting Bridgewater, unless you mean they SHOULD be, in which case I assume you did not watch cassell at all this pre-season in a new offence. Having the vikings last? Tsk tsk, not going to happen :P
    You're a towel.