15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    his salary for next season is guaranteed and then a 2016 guarantee vests early in the 2015 league year
    But can still be traded as long as the team willing to trade him agrees to pay that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    I hear Jerry is looking for a backup for Romo since Weeden is clearly not the answer.. *Shudders with fear*

Not that Cutler would EVER be the answer, but.. y'know, they thought WEEDEN of all people might be. Heck, is Chicago trading Clausen? Jerry will be watching! I swear, Jerry hires Backups to make Romo look better, not to step in if Romo goes down. "You though Romo was messing up? Take a look at this washed up former starter and remember; THIS could have been ALL SEASON LONG!" or something xD

And to hell with a huge contract, we can cover it! Who needs Dez or Murray anyways, right?
    Dallas has like the least money to spend.....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    But can still be traded as long as the team willing to trade him agrees to pay that.
    well the issue wasn't whether it was outright impossible to trade as much as it might be so unfathomably stupid as to preclude any team from considering it

perhaps there is a team willing to take on two guaranteed years for a QB with a lot of question marks but that remains to be seen

15+ Year Old Account
    well the issue wasn't whether it was outright impossible to trade as much as it might be so unfathomably stupid as to preclude any team from considering it

perhaps there is a team willing to take on two guaranteed years for a QB with a lot of question marks but that remains to be seen
    Hey, some teams are very stupid, remember RGIII?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    An article on grantland suggested a reasonable fix, to turn part of the guaranteed money for next year into a signing bonus so that the cap hit goes to the Bears so the team trading for Cutler is on the hook for only about half of the $15.5 mil and the Bears aren't blown up by the $20 mil dead money they'd be hit with if they cut him.

I'm not sure who would go for him, he's an upgrade over anybody else the Jets can send out there to die, the Bills, Bucs, and Washington have some QB issues. If Lovie somehow survives his awful coaching this season it would be great to see Cutler get him fired again.

Deleted
    Dallas has like the least money to spend.....
    Exactly my point =P

10+ Year Old Account
    also the Saints defense is so bad that when you throw 3 picks against them you get benched for Clausen and your career is over

good thing Rodgers only threw 2 picks

Im honestly shocked how much blame Cutler is getting. Like is anyone else watching that defense that is being thrown out there each week? And to say he got Lovie fired is pretty hilarious. That guy is showing how good a coach he is down in Tampa competing with Oakland for the first pick and in 9 seasons with the Bears he never finished in the top HALF on offense for any of his teams, with or without Jay.

Chicago Bears defense gives up 29.2 PPG. Nobody else in the league even gives up 28. Middle of the road in rush defense, probably because they are 2nd to last in pass defense so why even run the ball. If you want to make a blame pie for the Bears season theres no way Cutler is the biggest slice. Its probably the same people that were blaming Peyton when they got destroyed in the Super Bowl. The whole team sucks, to focus on one lone person is absurd
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2014-12-18 at 09:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Im honestly shocked how much blame Cutler is getting. Like is anyone else watching that defense that is being thrown out there each week? And to say he got Lovie fired is pretty hilarious. That guy is showing how good a coach he is down in Tampa competing with Oakland for the first pick and in 9 seasons with the Bears he never finished in the top HALF on offense for any of his teams, with or without Jay.

Chicago Bears defense gives up 29.2 PPG. Nobody else in the league even gives up 28. Middle of the road in rush defense, probably because they are 2nd to last in pass defense so why even run the ball. If you want to make a blame pie for the Bears season theres no way Cutler is the biggest slice. Its probably the same people that were blaming Peyton when they got destroyed in the Super Bowl. The whole team sucks, to focus on one lone person is absurd
    Don't take my joke post about Lovie/Cutler seriously, I have nothing but terrible things to say about his terrible coaching, including right before that joke.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been a huge Jay supporter over the years (as anyone who has read these boards the past few years will tell you) but he's played indefensibly bad the past several weeks. Personally I think it's all mental. He hates Kromer (for obvious reasons) and I honestly think he's starting to get fed up with play calling from Marc. Jay tends to get in these "I don't give a fuck" moods where he'll just start chucking the ball wherever and taking sacks the instant the protection begins to collapse. He did it his first few years in Chicago when the players around him were garbage, and he's doing it now when the coaches around him are garbage.

Not saying what he's doing is ok, he should be a professional and trying to play his best every single week, but the bigger point is, he's not as bad as he has looked the past few weeks (or this season overall). I think another team will see that, think a fresh start will put him in a good mood and allow him to perform well, or there's still an outside chance that the entire coaching staff will get fired, the new regime will come in and say they want Jay to be the starter, and he'll stay as Bears QB (for now).

Darrell Bevell is still available and he's had great success with QBs in his past. He worked with Favre, Rodgers for 1 year, and now he's found a system for Wilson to be very successful in, who doesn't have the typical height/arm strength of your normal NFL QB, which Jay has.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its hard to come back from being benched for Clausen, I assume Cutler and all the coaches will be gone, but Cutler could be back.
    I also don't throw the blame at him for the lost season, though he was terrible on Monday. It seems in the choice between Cutler and McCown both choices were the wrong one, based on how poorly they've both played this year. When I've seen the Bears play it looks like Bushrod is one of the worst LTs in the league, now that he isn't protected by the elite Saints guards. Forte was pretty miserable picking up blitzes too.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    No, they don't, that's just players being bad, or having a bad year. They don't that stuff on purpose when they know their livelihood depends on how well they play, and that they need every bit of leverage they can to ensure they get paid well enough.

Then we will agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I've been a huge Jay supporter over the years.
    e-hug
    You cared enough to post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Judging that no one else posted on it, I am guessing everyone else forgot about todays game too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Then we will agree to disagree.

e-hug
    Lotta those lately, eh?
    Judging that no one else posted on it, I am guessing everyone else forgot about todays game too.
    Forgot? No. Completely apathetic? Yup. Local news did mention it, and one of them suggested that the Titans get Amari Cooper. I wouldn't wish that on Cooper though.

Good news is, because they played today, I don't have to deal with being forced to watch them. According to the promo, I might get lucky and get to see KC and Dallas. Yay for the Cowboys playing an AFC team. On that note, though, why the hell is it like that and who thought it would be a good idea for FOX=NFC and CBS=AFC?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Lotta those lately, eh?

Forgot? No. Completely apathetic? Yup. Local news did mention it, and one of them suggested that the Titans get Amari Cooper. I wouldn't wish that on Cooper though.

Good news is, because they played today, I don't have to deal with being forced to watch them. According to the promo, I might get lucky and get to see KC and Dallas. Yay for the Cowboys playing an AFC team. On that note, though, why the hell is it like that and who thought it would be a good idea for FOX=NFC and CBS=AFC?
    NFC has more popular southern state teams, which is the fox demographic.

Fox has pretty much gone all in on the whole Dallas 'Americas team' deal.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2014-12-19 at 10:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really know why the cowboys are in the NFC east. Can we make an emergency swap to put them in the south so none of those garbage teams get in? put tampa bay in the east.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I don't really know why the cowboys are in the NFC east.
    preserving traditional rivalries

10+ Year Old Account
    preserving traditional rivalries
    I guess that makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I am picking the bengals to beat the colts this week. PLAYIN A HUNCH!
    You're a towel.

15+ Year Old Account
    You mean Broncos? I know Peyton is injured but...Dalton in prime time?
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I am picking the bengals to beat the colts this week. PLAYIN A HUNCH!
    worst hunch ever

Deleted
    worst hunch ever
    "And we're all set to kickoff this sunday afternoon game between the Cowboys and the Colts, and f-- wait! What's this? The Bengals are suddenly emerging from the locker rooms.. I don't know wh-- what's th-- OH MY GOD THEY'RE BEATING UP THE COLTS PLAYER!"

Gumboy will have his way. One way or another.