15+ Year Old Account
    As it stands right now 5/6 of last year's AFC playoff teams are back in it while 3/6 are back for the NFC. (If Falcons win it's down to 2.)

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Steelers at home against the Bengals for the division crown next week, both teams are allready ensured of the play offs.

Only 1 spot left to decide in the AFC, between Chargers, Chiefs (who play eachother) and Ravens (who play the Browns at home).

- - - Updated - - -

I think THE Bigzoman is still staring at his TV in disbelief, he's not been back yet to the thread.
    Just summed up my night with this statement. Didn't get my garrison stuff done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Forgot about them indeed. If they scrape through the Bengals might play them and there will be a whoooooole lot of puckered cheecks in Cincinatti then.
    I would love a rematch against either the Chargers or Texans in the jungle. I speak for a LOT of fans right now who probably would LOVE the same thing.

I would rather play any of those two at home then have to go to Indianpolis (which is the likely scenario if Cincy loses next sunday.) If Denver loses, cincinatti can actually secure the 2 seed with a win next week as well. I highly doubt Peyton Manning is going to let that happen though. Not against Oakland.

I saw a spark of Mike Zimmer's defense last night without Emmanuel Lamur and Vontaze Burfcit out there. Overall, the funnest primetime game of the Dalton-Green era in Cincinatti.

Edit: I'm calling it now. Either Oakland or CHicago take Hue Jackson away from us, whose playbook is anyones except Jay Gruden's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Don't forget the Texans that need the Chargers+Ravens to lose.

Also games next week will probably be early games: AFC contenders - middle game: NFC contenders - final game: Panthers - Falcons.
    I think the possibility of the Texans getting in is higher then what most people think.

Bryan Hoyer has something to prove before he leaves Cleveland (assuming they play him.)

And I've always thought that the Chiefs have the potential to be one of the best offenses in the AFC.

They need to tap into that potential this week though.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2014-12-23 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://probowl.fantasy.nfl.com/

Pro Bowl selections announced. Thoughts?

I think either Forte or Lacy should have gotten the selection over Shady, who had a good year but not great, especially by his standards. I also think Antonio Gates got snubbed and should have been picked over Julius Thomas. Still have five Packers going though which I'm happy about, although ideally I don't want to see any of them in the Pro Bowl because I want them to be getting ready for the Super Bowl

10+ Year Old Account
    Lesean mccoy shoudl not have gotten it over others.
    You're a towel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, 9 people from the Broncos team.

Been a while since Brees has not made it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    The lack of Odell Beckham Jr. makes me realize we suck at voting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Six Cowboys, three of them are offensive lineman. How fitting. Quite a few Chiefs too. Glad to see Romo getting another shot.
    I don't know, I have a hard time arguing the whole "who should have gotten in" deal. I will say that I'm surprised not to see Andy Lee.

So apparently, Rolando McClain's house in Tuscaloosa went up in flames. Don't know if they're ruling it an accident or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I can understand it, he didn't play like the first half of the season. I wouldn't worry, he's gonna be in plenty in his career. I would say that Jimmy Graham probably shouldn't have made it over, oh, Delanie Walker or Jason Witten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Complete joke of a system if he did not get in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

I can understand it, he didn't play like the first half of the season.
    Half? He didn't play in four games iirc...thats 25% :P
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Woodson, Mack or King.. but Marcel Reece still gets in.

Voting confuses the hell out of me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    If Denver loses, cincinatti can actually secure the 2 seed with a win next week as well. I highly doubt Peyton Manning is going to let that happen though. Not against Oakland.
    We've been killing playoff dreams the last few weeks, it's unlikely but I'm not ruling it out and costing the Donkeys homefield to New England would put a good ending to a torrid season.

Edit: I'm calling it now. Either Oakland or CHicago take Hue Jackson away from us
    Huge action is not coming back to Oakland.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    passing league produced a lot of high receiving numbers, none of us is gonna watch the pro bowl, so no sense worrying too much, plus everybody who is playing in the superbowl is gonna miss it anyway and a lot of those alternates on crappy teams will be in

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    We've been killing playoff dreams the last few weeks, it's unlikely but I'm not ruling it out and costing the Donkeys homefield to New England would put a good ending to a torrid season.
    Patriots already locked down the #1 seed

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    Yeah but they could still take away their bye week, which would be just as satisfying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Yeah but they could still take away their bye week, which would be just as satisfying.
    Maybe. I wonder who comes out on top in a three way tie between Broncos/Bengals/Steelers.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2014-12-25 at 12:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had Denver in my head as 12-3 for some reason.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Who actually has the tiebreaker between Steelers and Broncos, should the Broncos lose and the Steelers win, and both teams become 11-5?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Who actually has the tiebreaker between Steelers and Broncos, should the Broncos lose and the Steelers win, and both teams become 11-5?
    I think it would go down to strength of victories, and Denver would have the edge there, I think only the Bengals could leap ahead of them for the bye.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe. I wonder who comes out on top in a three way tie between Broncos/Bengals/Steelers.
    That's impossible since the Bengals have that tie.

And yeah Broncos would have the edge over Pittsburgh by virtue of SoV. Funny thing about that tiebreaker is, if Denver loses and Pittsburgh wins on Sunday (which is what has to happen for them to be tied), Denver's SoV gets better and Pittsburgh's gets worse. Denver has already beaten Oakland, so by losing to them it makes Oakland's record better and therefore the Broncos' SoV better. Same thing will happen in the reverse for Pittsburgh's SoV by beating Cincinnati since Pittsburgh already beat them this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chargers get Chase Daniel in week 17 for the second year in a row, hoping for the same results.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    That's impossible since the Bengals have that tie.
    Mistake. I meant Broncos/Colts/Steelers. But yeah the only one who can pass the Broncos are the Bengals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Chargers get Chase Daniel in week 17 for the second year in a row, hoping for the same results.
    Being embarrassed by second stringers then getting lucky due to shitty refs?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Broncos and Steelers both beat the Colts so they are "eliminated" and it goes to a tiebreaker between and Broncos and Steelers. Colts are completely locked into the 4 seed since they lose all tiebreakers with Broncos/Steelers in all scenarios and they can't finish ahead of the Bengals if they win because they have the tie.