15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I really don't understand this argument. So for a player to even be considered for the award his team has to make the playoffs? Watt is a one man wrecking ball who can play offense, defense, special teams...hell, the dude could probably kick field goals. So tired of it going to offensive players every year, particularly QBs. This is the perfect year to show legitimate appreciation for one of the (if not the) most talented, valuable players in the league, but there's no way the NFL will do it.
    I'd expect the MVP to be able to carry a team, if a defensive player can't do that then it's hard to consider them the most important person in the league.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Belichick has been there since 2000 (iirc), but the fumble stat has a dramatic turn right after the shift in game ball responsibility. It's not conclusive, but it's sure interesting.
    So you think the entire patriots history has been tainted forever because of slightly underinflated balls. Interesting, and hilarious.

So all these players coming out and saying it has zero effect on anything, including drew brees just today (And he has no reason to lie, does he?) Mean absolutely nothing to you, you just want to keep harping on about it for no reason other then to try to bring another team down and its frankly getting extremely obvious that your bias precludes you from seeing the truth of the matter: It had no effect.

Did the players change in those years? Did anything else in the game change in those years?

You know what does have an effect on ANYONE? Getting your sleeping patterns ruined by fire alarms going off every morning. THAT is clearly not just some random thing happening; it is happening because the patriots are there, which means SOMEONE is intending to cheat. not saying it is the seahawks themselves, but SOMEONE is.

#Taintedsuperbowl.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty cool info on just how much a difference a deflated ball would make. The former pros who swore up and down it was obviously different and was a distinct advantage are retarded.
    http://www.popsci.com/simulations-re...tle-difference
    1mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    The former pros who swore up and down it was obviously different and was a distinct advantage are retarded.
    So the pro's are retarded and a sim is not?
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    So the pro's are retarded and a sim is not?
    In regards to claiming that a 1mm difference in compression of a football*** for passing or catching? Yes. They're fucking dumb.

***Makes a difference
    Another edit: At max 2mm compression if the exact opposite sides of a ball we squeezed
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2015-01-30 at 02:27 AM. Reason: FOrgot some words
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Belichick has been there since 2000 (iirc), but the fumble stat has a dramatic turn right after the shift in game ball responsibility. It's not conclusive, but it's sure interesting.
    I dunno, I watch him vs others coaches and when someone on the pats (usually a RB) fumbles a ball I don't see them play for a long time, generally the next game at best. This sort of forces people to hold onto the ball or not go out and do their job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    You know what does have an effect on ANYONE? Getting your sleeping patterns ruined by fire alarms going off every morning. THAT is clearly not just some random thing happening; it is happening because the patriots are there, which means SOMEONE is intending to cheat. not saying it is the seahawks themselves, but SOMEONE is.
    Yet no mention about how the Seahawks practice field is completely shit with the sod separating from the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Vetali...

That video is friggin great man thanks for posting that I hadn't seen it. Total crack up. Hittem with the Dougie!!

Did I catch a Bubb Rubb and Lil Sis in there by BeastMode when he was talking about Mario Cart? Woo Woo!! Thats early in tha mornin you spose to be up cookin breakfast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUXow3d3-b0
    Last edited by Cantheal; 2015-01-30 at 06:21 AM.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    So you think the entire patriots history has been tainted forever because of slightly underinflated balls. Interesting, and hilarious.

So all these players coming out and saying it has zero effect on anything, including drew brees just today (And he has no reason to lie, does he?) Mean absolutely nothing to you, you just want to keep harping on about it for no reason other then to try to bring another team down and its frankly getting extremely obvious that your bias precludes you from seeing the truth of the matter: It had no effect.
    Lol, if there is no affect on the play, then why does it affect the play? I'm not sure if you have selective "hearing" when it comes to this topic, and it's pretty clear you are utterly biased in favor of the Patriots, but it's time to wake up. The numbers speak for themselves. A 100% decrease in fumble to touches the same year they lobby and win the right to handle their own balls during games? What more would you want to see? And from a team that has already been caught cheating in the past.

Did the players change in those years? Did anything else in the game change in those years?
    Nope, not much else changed. Jesus, stop asking dumb questions and open your eyes.

#Taintedsuperbowl.
    You mean someone is setting off the fire alarm? It's not the Seahawks, though. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the Patriots themselves doing it, to garner sympathy.

The only tainting here is from the Patriots.

(oh, and I love that Tom Brady claims he can't tell when a ball isn't properly inflated - shit, even I can tell)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Pretty cool info on just how much a difference a deflated ball would make. The former pros who swore up and down it was obviously different and was a distinct advantage are retarded.
    http://www.popsci.com/simulations-re...tle-difference
    1mm
    Really, a simulation? That's your trump card? Time to go home early.
    Last edited by cubby; 2015-01-30 at 05:56 AM.

Lol, if there is no affect on the play, then why does it affect the play? I'm not sure if you have selective "hearing" when it comes to this topic, and it's pretty clear you are utterly biased in favor of the Patriots, but it's time to wake up. The numbers speak for themselves. A 100% decrease in fumble to touches the same year they lobby and win the right to handle their own balls during games? What more would you want to see? And from a team that has already been caught cheating in the past.
    You are clearly biased against the pats, which makes discussion difficult.

As for the decrease, looking at nothing other then that one statistic and saying it is the balls is idiotic. Especially considered Peyton was pushing for it too (See, your own article) and yet his teams don't end up with the same sort of gains. The article also blames them for being an outdoor team that doesn't fumble, but there are indoor teams that do terrible. Arizona had 43 to Atlanta's 83. Why can NO jump 19 from HST but NE jumping 17 is out of the question? I mean the fact that a team can be averaging 37, says that it is well within reason for one team to do quite well, especially one with arguably the greatest head coach and QB of all time in a time where they are getting into a great groove together.

Something I didn't see the article or the stat breakdowns mention is what PSI do the QBs like on each of the teams. If we are saying lower PSI = lower fumble rating why is GB 10th (And within 3 plays of 6th). When Rodgers said he likes his balls pumped to the max or even more? This should lead to much more fumbles.

You mean someone is setting off the fire alarm? It's not the Seahawks, though. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the Patriots themselves doing it, to garner sympathy.

The only tainting here is from the Patriots.

(oh, and I love that Tom Brady claims he can't tell when a ball isn't properly inflated - shit, even I can tell)
    Well at least you don't try to hide your bias. I don't think it is Seattle setting off alarms either but saying it is more likely NE when this is getting like zero coverage is ridiculous.

Considering the most recent NFL statements, it seems no real tainting is going on and the original number claims have been revoked.

Deleted
    I sure hope they are. All criminal activity should be investigated. What I find funny is that cheating isn't being punished. Did you look at the statistical analysis I pointed out earlier?
    Did you even read the article or only the headline and first five lines? There is serious doubts about the validity of the analysis. Nothing to see really. The Patriots are the team with the most wins since 2000, of course they are going to be number one in least fumbles, because there is a high correlation between amount of fumbles and winning, and when you're ahead you obviously fumble less because you play a lot less risky. Also other teams have similar fumble decreases, but because their offence sucked in the before period they are clearly not as good, and hey while we are at it let's take out all dome teams which means about half the teams ain't valid.

10+ Year Old Account
    The numbers speak for themselves. A 100% decrease in fumble to touches the same year they lobby and win the right to handle their own balls during games?

Nope, not much else changed. Jesus, stop asking dumb questions and open your eyes.

How about instead of inventing shit to be mad about, you actually look into it? I bet if you went through every single teams history, you could find decade streaks of strange shit like barely any lost fumbles, or a lot less interceptions.

Instead, you choose to focus on a bullshit story.

And your part about how brady cant tell the difference? WHY DOES EVERY OTHER QB THEY ASK SAY THE SAME THING? Are they all in fucking cahoots to protect the patriots?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Did you even read the article or only the headline and first five lines? There is serious doubts about the validity of the analysis. Nothing to see really. The Patriots are the team with the most wins since 2000, of course they are going to be number one in least fumbles, because there is a high correlation between amount of fumbles and winning, and when you're ahead you obviously fumble less because you play a lot less risky. Also other teams have similar fumble decreases, but because their offence sucked in the before period they are clearly not as good, and hey while we are at it let's take out all dome teams which means about half the teams ain't valid.
    He doesen't care about that. He wants the patriots to burn, damn the evidence, damn all the pros saying they couldn't tell a difference in any way! God damn cheaters!

In other news, on espn bottom scroll: "Seahawks players mad that they are getting picked randomly for HGH Testing; "IT feels like we are on parole!""

Yeah, how dare they pick people on both teams and hgh test them! I wonder why the patriots are not mad about it? Maybe because they are not KNOWN OFFENDERS about cheating using chemicals to get an advantage

Why aren't you talking about THAT cubby? The seahawks started to get good...right around all those people getting caught using. And yet, you think under inflated footballs are the cause of the patriots ever being good. Hilariously biased, then accusing me, a complete outsider to these two teams, biased.

- - - Updated - - -

The only people it is interesting to are conspiracy theorists who have probably never even held a football. A complete joke of a study, and anyone who reads it critically would see that.

In the meantime, lets disrupt one teams sleep schedule constantly but call that fair!
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    god this thread has gotten worse than the hockey one, nothing but mouth frothing insanity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    god this thread has gotten worse than the hockey one, nothing but mouth frothing insanity
    I agree, I am not even half serious about the fire alarms, but the utter insanity of people thinking the deflated footballs=why patriots have ever been good is fucking ridiculous, and demands an equally ridiculous response.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Just ignore the noise. I'm basically only concerning myself with stuff directly related to the game, or actual football. If it even has a whiff of deflated balls or Beastmode media drama, I ignore it and move on. It's superbowl weeks and the stations want ratings, they'll do anything to drum up stories right now and it's not worth the headache to get mad about it.

All the indignant people that never follow football and are just caught up in the media hype right now will leave real football fans alone again about 2 days after the Superbowl was played, and we'll be on to the off season and peace and quiet again. Then we can start bitching about free agents, franchise tags and the coming draft and start the long winding road to the next season and the next Superbowl again. I'm not even joking when I say I can't wait for that (even if it means no football for 6 months).

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sad it all ends so soon. = (

Quote Originally Posted by Hoen View Post
    I'm sad it all ends so soon. = (
    What am i going to do on sundays now?

Deleted
    Stop Stop Stop.

We're almost at the peak of the season, no reason to think about it being over yet.

Btw Green Bay fans, Brandon Bostick will be on ESPN's his and her's at 12 est.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    How about instead of inventing shit to be mad about, you actually look into it? I bet if you went through every single teams history, you could find decade streaks of strange shit like barely any lost fumbles, or a lot less interceptions.

Instead, you choose to focus on a bullshit story.

And your part about how brady cant tell the difference? WHY DOES EVERY OTHER QB THEY ASK SAY THE SAME THING? Are they all in fucking cahoots to protect the patriots?
    Lol, you need to read up on the facts, buddy. Every QB can tell the difference, it's obvious when they are deflated. It's been confirmed time and again, I can't believe you're so biased you don't see the facts.

In other news, on espn bottom scroll: "Seahawks players mad that they are getting picked randomly for HGH Testing; "IT feels like we are on parole!""

Yeah, how dare they pick people on both teams and hgh test them! I wonder why the patriots are not mad about it? Maybe because they are not KNOWN OFFENDERS about cheating using chemicals to get an advantage
    I'm fine with the tests - you are strawmanning me, which is not necessary. And they are mostly coming up negative, aren't they? And if they are caught cheating, do they get pulled? Oh yeah, they do. And what's happened after the Patriots get caught cheating? Nothing so far.

Whoops, Gumboy, another empty attack point on a subject I would have expected better arguments on from you.

How are not looking at the facts? I just don't understand how you can be so biased. The Patriots cheated, straight up, and were caught (again, I might add). And statistical evidence shows that they might have been using this advantage since they lobbied for the change.

Go reread that article (I actually don't think you read it at all, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt) - the guy checked all the other teams.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, I am not even half serious about the fire alarms, but the utter insanity of people thinking the deflated footballs=why patriots have ever been good is fucking ridiculous, and demands an equally ridiculous response.
    The only ridiculous thing here are people not looking at facts. The Patriots cheated - if it wasn't a team you're already frothy-in-the-mouth-can-do-no-wrong in love with, you'd be saying the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    If it even has a whiff of deflated balls or Beastmode media drama, I ignore it and move on.
    Not sure how you can compare the hilarious antics of Beast-mode compared with a team that might have cheated their way into 3 Superbowl wins, but whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

The only people it is interesting to are conspiracy theorists who have probably never even held a football. A complete joke of a study, and anyone who reads it critically would see that.
    Really? Sports statistics are a joke? Ok, I guess you're not much a sports fan. Or a math fan. Or someone who understands how the two relate to performances. My apologies, I thought I was having a conversation with Gumboy, someone who has proven his ability time and again to use statistics and facts to make a point.

Fuck man, you drove me out of the SEC bias theory on the other thread, based on those things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    I seem to be the only person who read the entire article. It's pretty obvious you didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Here, I know you won't read the entire article, even when you claim you have. This is a quote from the guy that disagreed with the study's author:

His own portrayal of the statistics, however, doesn’t differ all that largely from Sharp’s. Matthews gives the Patriots’ fumbles-per-100-carries from 2007 through 2014 as 0.63, and the next best team is St. Louis (a dome team) with 0.71. The league average is 1.0. That still sets the Pats apart, if not as starkly. It still sets 2006 as a demarcation point.

And then we have an independent evaluation of the study and findings:

Another leader in the statistic community, Brian Burke of Advanced Football Analytics, drew this conclusion in a recent post after looking at fumble rates (excluding dome teams):

“Whoa. In this case NE is at the top of the list, and the next best team is a distant second. Notice how the second team [Baltimore] through the second to last team [Philadelphia] have rates that are within 1 or 2 plays of each other. NE, however, is better than the next best team by 20 plays per fumble.”

That’s hard to explain away.

But you guys just go on and keep thinking that facts don't matter when it comes to the teams you love. That's honesty.
    Last edited by cubby; 2015-01-30 at 05:21 PM.