Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cutting Edge: Heroic Garrosh Hellscream removed on pre-patch?

Greetings,

Not sure if there is already an existing topic, i could not find it so i decided to create a new one. Sorry in advance.

However, my guild is currently progressing on Heroic Siegecrafter Blackfuse. We are a casual raiding guild and although we have made it further than expected we noticed that we actually have a shot at clearing this tier. What i'm wondering though, will the Cutting edge achievement be removed when the next patch hits although it brings no "tier"? How long do you think we have and would it be a sensible choice to extend raids from now on to achieve our goal of clearing the tier?

Thanks for reading,
    Sanji
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

Since the current FoS' is 10 and 25 I doubt they will make a new 20m mythic FoS that will last for 1 month.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

The FoS will most definitely be removed with 6.0 (maybe sooner; depends if they roll out heavy nerfs early). As Razecog said, they probably won't add a Mythic FoS either.

I would not extend unless you're all 578+. More gear makes Garrosh significantly easier.

Also, Mushi-Shi is an awesome show.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    The FoS will most definitely be removed with 6.0 (maybe sooner; depends if they roll out heavy nerfs early). As Razecog said, they probably won't add a Mythic FoS either.

I would not extend unless you're all 578+. More gear makes Garrosh significantly easier.
    Pretty sure they wont be doing anything with the raidsizes yet in the pre-patch. Not sure if they'll be nerfing it either actually. Did they actually nerf Dragon Soul when MoP pre-patch was released?

http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/...ting.tier16_10

According to WoWProgress we are averaged ilvl 573.60 [with a 10ilvl difference from top geared to lowest]. Wouldn't it be more effective if we tried Garrosh on with somewhat this ilvl for 8 to 9 hours rather than with a higher ilvl but far less tries due 4-6 hours per week spent on farm? We only raid 9 hours a week max.

Haha i totally agree

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably in the pre patch. When ever that is.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post
    Pretty sure they wont be doing anything with the raidsizes yet in the pre-patch. Not sure if they'll be nerfing it either actually. Did they actually nerf Dragon Soul when MoP pre-patch was released?

http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/...ting.tier16_10

According to WoWProgress we are averaged ilvl 573.60 [with a 10ilvl difference from top geared to lowest]. Wouldn't it be more effective if we tried Garrosh on with somewhat this ilvl for 8 to 9 hours rather than with a higher ilvl but far less tries due 4-6 hours per week spent on farm? We only raid 9 hours a week max.

Haha i totally agree
    They are doing things with Mythic SoO in pre-patch though. That was confirmed months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    They are doing things with Mythic SoO in pre-patch though. That was confirmed months ago.
    Oh noooo.. Do you have a link by any chance? Kinda confusing because of the fact that they would actually have to spend time fixing Mythic difficulty for a tier that's ending.

The raid size changes and squish will be a month-ish before the expansion is released.

Mythic Garrosh will be a thing and people will raid him squished.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post
    Oh noooo.. Do you have a link by any chance? Kinda confusing because of the fact that they would actually have to spend time fixing Mythic difficulty for a tier that's ending.
    It's not that hard, they don't need the tuning to be perfect. What's harder than tuning it for mythic is fixing a few bosses for their new healing style (Thok would be interesting with triage healing).

(Thok would be interesting with triage healing).
    Yup, but blackfuse should be a very interesting experience with triage healing

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bllets View Post
    Yup, but blackfuse should be a very interesting experience with triage healing
    I think you mean Thok. Blackfuse is nothing special, but chain interrupting boss that hits for half your health every 2.5 seconds isn't triage friendly.

As for the topic itself - there's *a lot* of time until 6.0 hits, extending from now on would be "silly", to put it nicely. Sure, gear won't change much at this point, except for last two heroic pieces, but it still helps with Garrosh itself. More importantly though, if your indeed casual, you won't enjoy staying on same boss for weeks/months without any change at all. It can be draining even for "hardcores". Some easy farm every once in a while is pretty much needed to relax.

And most importantly - once again - there's no rush. It's march, the expansion may come as late as December, so... Even assuming much earlier release, there's at least 4 months before 6.0. *Lots* of time.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2014-03-12 at 06:47 PM.

I think you mean Thok. Blackfuse is nothing special, but chain interrupting boss that hits for half your health every 2.5 seconds isn't triage friendly.
    I meant Blackfuse since it's by far my favourite fight in SoO and while the damage isn't as constant or as demanding as Thok, it's still a very good fight in proper gear. Sadly I haven't tried the heroic one yet, which is the one fight I'm looking forward to the most. Solo healing it on normal is still a nice challenge though in my gear.

Firefighter back in Wrath is my current favourite encounter in my long history of playing WoW, and while the healing isn't as demanding here as it is on Thok, it still a fight I think will be interesting to heal in a triage system, since it's a fight that matches the triage system very well.

Regarding Thok I'm pretty sure they will do some noticeable changes due to removing instant and reducing smart heals, otherwise it's gonna be a bitch for guilds that are either late or slow in progression.

I meant Blackfuse since it's by far my favourite fight in SoO and while the damage isn't as constant or as demanding as Thok, it's still a very good fight in proper gear. Sadly I haven't tried the heroic one yet, which is the one fight I'm looking forward to the most. Solo healing it on normal is still a nice challenge though in my gear.

Firefighter back in Wrath is my current favourite encounter in my long history of playing WoW, and while the healing isn't as demanding here as it is on Thok, it still a fight I think will be interesting to heal in a triage system, since it's a fight that matches the triage system very well.

Regarding Thok I'm pretty sure they will do some noticeable changes due to removing instant and reducing smart heals, otherwise it's gonna be a bitch for guilds that are either late or slow in progression.
    They have confirmed there will be a "tuning pass" of Siege when the pre patch goes live, whenever that is.

You poor bastard!
    Last edited by Rocketsauce; 2014-03-11 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    It should be removed the second the next nerf bomb hits unless there is an option to disable the nerf, which in that case you can still the achievement with the nerfs disabled up until 6.0.

In that case they should have done that the second the first nerf bomb hit.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm super excited for Mythic trash!
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    I still think people who killed blackfuse before nerf should get a FoS :<
    There's a date on your heroic achievement.

Originally Posted by Watcher
    Current plan is the Feats become unavailable with 6.0. Looking into doing x-realm Normals sooner, but no promises
    https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...05599413534720

10+ Year Old Account

We did, it took something like 5 raid days/130 pulls. Anything past 576 average works. Just don't be derps.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    There's a date on your heroic garrosh achievement too but it also gives fos!
    Yes, because he's the end boss and marks the end of a tier. It's not so much about the specific boss, but more that the entire instance is down. A random boss which is halfway through the instance doesn't warrant it's own feat, that's just silly, pre nerf or not =P.

Alt raid took him down yesterday with:
    108 wipes, a rough estimate on what wiped us:
    P4 - 2. One was malice going on the ironstar kiter (fixed, right? LOLNOPE), one was panic from entering the phase the first time.
    P3 - 3 (Missed dps check).
    P2.5 - ~15 (handling adds).
    Terrace - 5 (untill we started skipping).
    P2 - 0.
    Jade temple (AKA missing the dps check/interrupt etc) - 30-40.
    Phase 1 - 50-60 (getting ironstar damage "perfected", having less than stellar CC for the adds that would just randomely gib us, general derpiness. Our warrior deciding that charging into a 5% hp fixate-mob right after an ironstar hit to get rage would be a good idea, instantly dying due to low HP from star. Yea. He got rage allright).

Literally the hardest part of the entire fight for us was phase 1. The CC we had available was Cap totem from a shaman, Binding arrow from a hunter, Ursols, Typhoon and AOE grip. We'd stun the second pack as the roar made them dangerous, then tank through 3-4 sec of damage, grip them out into a binding arrow with typhoon and ursols put down, hopefully keeping them out till star arrived. Sometimes people just got gibbed though :<<<.

Average item level of 573.5 - so yea. Gear really shouldn't be an issue, atleast.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2014-03-12 at 01:29 AM.