Poll: Playable Jinyu and Saruok?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Playable Jinyu and Saurok?

Okay hey guys so I wanted to make a poll to see who would be interested in this! Basically the Saurok are for the Horde and Jinyu for the Allience! I don't know about anyone elese but I LOVE lizard man races and the Saurok remind me of the Saraus from Warhammer!

I would imagine they'd fit with a South Seas/Azhara Expac as it seems appropriate! So what do you say!

15+ Year Old Account
    pfff, give me an ethereal!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have Hozen personally.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    These Jinyu fish people are AWESOME!!!

Jinyu could work, but the in game lore with the Lorewalkers faction shows the Saurok as being savage creatures that killed their own masters when under the control of the mogu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Murlock or nothing
    C'était mieux demain !

Hozen fit the Horde better, and the Horde could always use the Labor in the Quarries

Jinyu are awesome.

I love that the helmets they wear in battle make them look more like Murlocs!
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Niight974 View Post
    Murlock or nothing
    something interesting, according to lorewalker cho, jinyu were murlocks.

he also said that the yuangol were taurens that got seperated from the rest and developed

15+ Year Old Account
    I kinda wish we got playable Jinyu (for alliance) and Hozen (for horde), instead of a neutral Pandaren race.

Are there any female Jinyu/Saurok models?

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Ogres playable, and Ethereal for Neutral as well.
    More playable races will be awesome as well, but Jinyu and Saruok have the bones of the Night Elf Male and the Worgen Male.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    If Jinyu was up for a faction it would likely be hozen for the other (alliance jinyu and hozen horde) cause lore already supports that.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    I want Ogres playable, and Ethereal for Neutral as well.
    More playable races will be awesome as well, but Jinyu and Saruok have the bones of the Night Elf Male and the Worgen Male.
    Jinyu have all the casting/attack changed. So it's 50/50.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    I vote for C. Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    This is why I don't think we'll be seeing either race as playable. Though they no longer care about the "silhouette effect" for enemy identification, they still want every race to have a unique build and feel to make sure there's good aesthetic reasons for plying all the different races.
    Plus, the Saurok seem to have been painted as fairly bestial and unwilling to work with anyone, making them a bad choice for allies. And why the Saurok instead of the Hozen, the Jinyu's official Horde equivalent? Or are they just not cool enough for you. :P

The Jinyu actually have a fairly unique skeleton now that I think about it; at least I can't think of anything they borrow too heavily/obviously from, but then I haven't played with them yet so they could just be fancy Monkeys.

I would like them, but I find Taunka and Ethereals up on the list.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the Jinyu, but I would prefer naga.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I liked Ruko in Jade Forest, the Hozen are lame compared to the Jinyu. :P But, much like the Taunka and Walrus people, I think the Jinyu and Hozen are mostly forgettable races. Not something I'd be extremely excited to play as.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    I kinda wish we got playable Jinyu (for alliance) and Hozen (for horde), instead of a neutral Pandaren race.
    Perhaps now, but if that's what actually happened everyone (yourself included) would of been going WTF??!! when they announced two total unknowns as playable races. The Pandaren might of not had all that much lore before MoP, but at least they've been in the Warcraft universe for awhile.

Anyways for a future expansion, I'd say both are possible, although Jinyu would be considerably more workable. The Jinyu already have a culture with established ties to the Alliance, and while we'd probably have to add in a new tribe to truly make them playable, most of the groundwork is done.

The Saurok on the other hand have the problem of being uncivilized barbarians of only nominal intelligence. We'd need to create a tribe that is very different from the ones we've encountered so far on Pandaria. They can still be pretty warlike, but it needs to be possible for whatever faction they join to reason with them. It's not impossible (we got playable Worgen after all), but it does mean we won't get your typical Saurok.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.