Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnak View Post
    Since when does Mining cost 6k to level?
    You can level Mining via Smelting from 1 to 525 with the exception of 340-350. You're paying for the ore to smelt.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Discuss? Okay.

WoW is now Pay2Win.
    Let me refine pay to win.

You pay real life cash for something that gives you the edge over other players, may it be items/boosts (boosts in damage/health whatever). These items/boosts make you stronger than what a normal player can achieve.

If you pay for this you get the same professions you can get, the same level and the same flying skill. Everything you can simply get in-game.

So no, this is not pay to win...
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Wow...Whoever pays those prices for professions is crazy...you must be on a dead server

Oh and Since when can you "Win" WoW...Paying for a 90 with greens is not P2W, yayy more fanboys

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    None of that stuff should be included. You should have to pay for it all just like those of us who didn't boost had to.
    You're looking at it from the perspective of an active player. These features are meant to do one thing: cause players who quit the game a long time ago to go "Hmmm.. if I buy WoD.. I'm immediately at the level of everyone else in all areas" .. it's a huge carrot on a stick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    None of that stuff should be included. You should have to pay for it all just like those of us who didn't boost had to.
    You didn't shell out $60. If you take the FREE option, you have the FREEdom to do it all yourself.

So basically if there wasn't a 90 boost the expansion would be half the price. Thanks a lot blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    So basically if there wasn't a 90 boost the expansion would be half the price. Thanks a lot blizzard.
    Pretty big assumption since every other expac has been this price when first launching.

The expansion would be the same price without the boost.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

How do you figure?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Pretty big assumption since every other expac has been this price when first launching.
    Er, that's not quite right Supes. It's $10 more than MoP and Cata (don't recall previous xpac prices).

15+ Year Old Account
    can someone please lecture someone else about opportunity cost?

Cost Increase - This is in anticipation of the minimum wage going up and Blizz is going to boost their employees salaries a bit to make sure their buying power stays intact. They need to preserve their margins, so we have a slight increase in the xpac cost, at least it's not in the monthly dues.

Pay to Win - This is not P2W, because using this boost will not make me any more effective in current content, it just gets me through the old crap faster. Stuff that I've done before, paid for before (flying), etc. There is no gear over a green 483, just enough for an LFR queue.

Not much different than selling a game time code or card game pet/mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Er, that's not quite right Supes. It's $10 more than MoP and Cata (don't recall previous xpac prices).
    Each expansion, at the time of launch has been $39 digital, $49 box, $59 CE (iirc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonath View Post
    Wow...Whoever pays those prices for professions is crazy...you must be on a dead server
    On the contrary, I play on Illidan, one of the fullest US realms. And the prices are not crazy, in some cases they are actually a good deal. There are thousands of players leveling professions and obviously not as many farming the materials. Simple supply and demand.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Deleted
    I don't know what kind of realm you're on, but you can get inscription to 600 for like 2k gold, and enchanting/tailoring aren't nearly as expensive as posted either.

Okay first. Who said that this lusty of boosted stuff was also going to be given to those paying for the level 90 boosts. This maybe included only in W.O.D pre purchase. The level 90 boosts coming later may not include all the extra goodies.

Secondly. No one has touched on DK Alts. Mmmm 30 minutes later. 90 & Boosted professions. With pre purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Each expansion, at the time of launch has been $39 digital, $49 box, $59 CE (iirc)
    I have never bought a single retail standard version expansion box for $49.99

midnight January 15, 2007 - EB Games. $39.99
    midnight November 13, 2008 - walmart $39.99

digital didn't exist until cata and MoP

which I bought the EU versions online. the US version I bought later was still $39.99
    Last edited by coldrain; 2014-03-12 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    I would argue that getting to level 60, even without heirlooms or guild perks, is far easier than leveling two professions. I also have several alts at or near level 60 that I never bothered to level much, so for me it works out.
    Timewise, you can grind all the mats for 2 professions faster than most levelling methods. Maybe comparable to the fastest.

With that in mind it's completely fair, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    With the release of Warlords of Draenor pre-purchase comes the much-awaited Level 90 Boost. Many players have already purchased the boost and are enjoying (or not enjoying, if you're running LFR right now) playing their new class at max level.

While having a new toon at max level is the biggest appeal to many, I will be using my boost for a different reason.

Below is the official list of things fresh 90 characters will be receiving in addition to the level boost:

• 150 gold
    • 4 Embersilk (22-slot) bags
    • A stack of 20 food items
    • Full set of spec-appropriate Item Level 483 gear
    • If a boosted character was already level 60 or above, their existing Primary Professions and First Aid are bumped up to level 600, as mentioned above
    • A faction-specific flying mount—a traditional Wind Rider for Horde or Gryphon for Alliance
    • Artisan flying—that’s one rank below max flight speed
    • Northrend, Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms, and Pandaria regional flying skills trained

Just how much gold would all of these cost if you purchased them in-game? Let's calculate that, shall we?

• 150 gold= 150 gold
    • 4 Embersilk bags @ 238* gold each= 952 gold... lets call it 950
    • Flight master's license @ exalted= 200 gold
    • Cold weather flying @ exalted= 400 gold
    • Wisdom of the Four Winds @ exalted w/ Golden Lotus or Goblin discount= 2000 gold
    • Artisan flying @ exalted= 4000 gold
    *indicates lowest current AH price on full-pop realm (Illidan US)

Current total= 7700 gold

Now, here's where it really gets expensive. If your boosted character is level 60 or above, you receive Two primary professions and First Aid bumped to 600.

To estimate the cost of this, I simply took the prices listed on one of my realm's most popular "profession kit" sellers. Here's the asking prices:
    Enchanting - 20k
    Jewelcrafting - 19k
    Alchemy - 9k
    Leatherworking - 22k
    Blacksmithing - 18k
    Tailoring - 18k
    Inscription - 10k
    Engineering - 17k
    Mining (1-525) - 6k

Cooking: N/A
    First Aid: 2k

Let's say that you, as a smart and informed WoW player, choose to pick the two most expensive professions to boost, Enchanting and Leatherworking.

Your TOTAL is: 7,700 gold PLUS (enchanting=20,000 gold) PLUS (leatherworking=22,000 gold) PLUS (first aid=2,000 gold) = 51,700 gold

In summary, a boosted level 90 character can have a value of upwards of 51,700 gold IF you boost at the right level and choose the right professions. Just think of the last time you leveled a character all the way to 90. What was the total gold earned from quests and spent on things such as flying? It was probably much less. Is this fair? Is purchasing multiple level 90 boosts for free flying and lucrative professions a power advantage over other players?

Discuss.
    I started on a new server, and have only reached 87. I have over 400k gold just from leveling, just from selling things I find on the AH ect. You can easily make 10-15k by level 20 if you take gathering professions so I think this is completely fair. You pay to skip content and you loose a ton of the gold you could have gotten on the way to 90. Also, it takes maybe one evening to farm out everything needed to level 2 crafting professions, so is $60 worth skipping a few days of play to get from 60-90 + gathering time? For people who take a long time to level or can't make gold it would probably be worth it.
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2014-03-12 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Those profession leveling costs are seriously off. Most can be leveled for sub 10k.
    Yeah, I never ever spend more on professions, and I'm lazy as fuck and buy everthing from the AH.