Ascension vs Chi Brew WW Monk PVE

What is better for a ww monk with 7807 haste (18.37%) ? Asc is awesome in aoe fights, when i go with Chi Brew i feel energy starving on aoe and on single target, but it seems like everybody say that Chi Brew is better, so why? It gives better burst, but i guess it is worst on static fight when you sit on boss all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even at about 11 or 12k haste, I still spec ascension for AoE fights. Otherwise, I notice that my RJW uptime goes down.

Chi Brew, otherwise, is definitely the strongest of the two - you have slightly more control over your rotation.

What trinkets are you using? are you at that amount of haste due to gear?

The Tigerseye brew from Chi brew still outweighs the energy from Ascension, even in AOE fights I belive. They both generate about the same amount of chi over time, Ascension just requires more jabbing to get there, so long term single target, I am pretty sure Chi brew would still be better too.

Ascension scales with haste. Chi Brew scales with mastery, albeit not as well as Ascension scales with haste. That means there is a magical haste rating where ascension actually becomes a better talent, but that rating isn't attainable even in full BiS gear. With that in mind, Chi Brew will just about always win out. Ascension make AoE fights a bit easier, but the extra chi and brew that comes with Chi Brew still makes it better. The trick is to not use BoK as often as you might be used to with ascension. Just make sure you have enough energy to RJW on CD while Jabbing enough for the chi to keep RSK on CD and your Tiger Power buff up. Once you get used to the rotation, you should have enough chi and energy to do those, and you can BoK on occasion. It just takes some getting used to, but Chi Brew is better for all fights this tier.

Your haste is fairly low, though. Would you mind linking your armory so I can take a look at your gear? At your level of haste, you might need Ascension just to maintain your AoE rotation. You should be shooting for 11-12k haste as a WW.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2014-03-11 at 12:08 AM.

Here you go, i've got few unenchanted items, because i'm saving gold for Sky Golem and Mechano Hog
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arety/advanced

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernardo79 View Post
    Here you go, i've got few unenchanted items, because i'm saving gold for Sky Golem and Mechano Hog
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arety/advanced
    Its very hard to give you advice with so much enchanting left to do. You are way over hit cap (~2%) and way under where your haste should be with Chi Brew and AoC (3-4k). At your item level it should be very easy to get your haste to 11-12k.

In the least change your orange gems to Agi/haste and reforge your bracers Hit -> Haste. Other than that you have to get your enchants set up to then play around with the max stat budget.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I'll still use Chi Brew/RJW, but I will use the AOC trinket so that I can get more energy without sacrificing a ton of throughput.

Ok so i've got 9579 Haste now, should i change yellow gems into 320+ haste? Or should i wait, because i will have legendary cloak in wednesday? (with 2x upg cloak i will have 10570)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernardo79 View Post
    Ok so i've got 9579 Haste now, should i change yellow gems into 320+ haste? Or should i wait, because i will have legendary cloak in wednesday? (with 2x upg cloak i will have 10570)
    You should change any yellow socket to Agi/Haste

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltycracker View Post
    I'll still use Chi Brew/RJW, but I will use the AOC trinket so that I can get more energy without sacrificing a ton of throughput.
    woa woa woa brotund, did u just say u use AoC. SCREENSHOT.

But more seriously, that's one route I'm considering, too. It's really just on protectors that I've found I have a few energy issues; otherwise I'm typically fine.

I have a quick question and instead of going through a new post, I felt it would be relevant for this thread. I was wondering if I should be using Ascension on my monk now or when I get higher gear lvl? This is my armory link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zentari/simple. I have been trying to get the bracers off of ordos and getting some better trinkets/rings, it's a work in progress. Thanks for any input both on the ascension/chi brew and/or ways to also improve my dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelknight52 View Post
    I have a quick question and instead of going through a new post, I felt it would be relevant for this thread. I was wondering if I should be using Ascension on my monk now or when I get higher gear lvl? This is my armory link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zentari/simple. I have been trying to get the bracers off of ordos and getting some better trinkets/rings, it's a work in progress. Thanks for any input both on the ascension/chi brew and/or ways to also improve my dps.
    You have more than enough gear to use Chi Brew, you're not even using Haste gems and you have AoC so you only need 9-10k haste. the only thing I'd change is your green gem to a purple to get a little more agi.