Heroic 25m SoO Tanking

This past week my guild finally killed Heroic Garrosh(yay) and in the next few weeks are going to hopefully get him on farm status. Now to prevent burnout and keep people happy we are going to be allowing people a few weeks off here and there after we get a repeat Garrosh kill. Some of the first people going on break will be the tanks(one at a time) and as the 3rd tank in our guild it's a pretty safe bet that I will have to step up and tank bosses I have never tanked before(everything except Nazgrim and Shamans).

I'm looking for any advice I can get from my fellow monk tanks regarding tips, talent choices, and gear. I understand talents will change fight to fight but I would like to know if there is a choice people feel strongly about on specific fights.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...h/Fuski/simple

^ My armory hopefully I'll remember to log out in tank gear. As you can see I'm not running with any tier atm and some of my biggest questions are if I'm going to be tanking some of the harder hitting fights in seige(Thok, Klaxxi, Garrosh should I pick up my 4pc(will most likely not involve legs as we have only killed paragons twice) and should I go more heavily into mastery than I am currently(Right now I'm just gearing around 20% buffed mastery to keep up damage as well).

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming your healers are the same ones who healed the progression your gear should be fine.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

20% buffed mastery is what i'm going with for a while now and it's more than enough. Just liking that little extra safety.
    4set might come handy only if you're solo tanking thok or on malkorok's bloodrage solo soaking. The intense purifies on these fights with some mad vengeance top you up pretty much constantly so might be worth picking. Might aswell be useful on Garrosh but I've yet to try him on hc. Other than this, 4set is rather irrelevant.

Deleted
    I think that the BrM 4 set is really devalued now. I do appreciate that it's effected by Vengeance but it's still needless in my eyes. Caveat to this would that I'm probably spoilt by having very good healers that negate the need for me to bother with my 4 set.

OP - your gear as is will be fine for Garrosh. I've recently gone from 10 to 25 and I'm finding life a lot easier, to the point I've started dropping a bit of mastery (I still have a very healthy amount) for other secondary stats.
    Last edited by mmoca46d7dbeb2; 2014-03-12 at 02:41 PM.

So one of our tanks is finally gone and last week we got up thru paragons(Seigecrafter is a bitch and a half). This week we will be extending and killing Garrosh and I have a couple questions

1. Would I be right in assuming I should be speccing dampen harm for this fight?

2. In my tank gear I have ~1050k hp maybe 1100k buffed what kind of CD usage should I be using to soak smashes?

If you have Rook's trinket, you can use that on the blood soaking phase, it's quite nice. You should have 100% uptime on Fortify brew as well durring that phase. Besides that, make sure you bank some chi to purify and zen meditation if you get nervous. Make sure your other tank doesn't pull threat while you zen med as you wouldn't be attacking.

Here is what I do.....
    1. Dampen harm / Fort Brew immediately (Dampen harm gives the healers time to get heals rolling.)
    2. Use xuen
    3. Rook's as soon as dampen harm is gone
    4. Keep purifying as needed.
    5. Zen Med (if necessary, sometimes I'll glyph it to prevent accidentally moving and canceling the effect.)

You can throw guard in there as necessary, but it gets soaked up really fast. It's also helpful to have at least 1 external cooldown rolling at all times.

Thanks to the people who helped. Successfully killed it with me as tank on Tuesday. Worst 14/14H tank US w00t