Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    It's being reported elsewhere on the internet that people who don't even own WoW at all are able to upgrade starter accounts to WoD for $49.99.
    Source? Has anyone actually tried this? Would be a good opportunity to upgrade my brother's account for him.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    So if this is pretty much battle chest plus expansion then why isn't there an option for just the expansion? This feels like Obamacare where I'm paying more so lazy people can get free health coverage.
    bwahahaha this is the best post I've read in weeks. It should be stickied ontop of every thread about the "free" 90s that made the "expansion" cost $10 more than ever before

Deleted
    How much should it cost? 80 bucks? Yeah, that would really increase subscription numbers.

Deleted
    they are giving every expansion with WoD, that is why it is more expensive than previous expansions

Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    Not playing that shitty pandaland :P excited for WOD tho
    wish i woulda done that i didnt stop till a little b4 5.4 and still ended up coming back because i was bored.... still bored playing it! lol
    Ill never forgive them for pokemon and pandas on my screen id pay double the sub to never have to see that shit again.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by kreserb View Post
    they are giving every expansion with WoD, that is why it is more expensive than previous expansions
    No, you must have MoP to play WoD, i just read it on the pre-order page.
    Includes Level 90 Character Boost
    Pre-Purchase: Game is expected to release on or before 20/12/2014
    Includes levels 91–100
    Subscription required
    Internet connection required
    Battle.net registration required
    Requires World of Warcraft and Mists of Pandaria
    Any applicable value-added tax included
    Product details
    https://eu.battle.net/shop/en/produc...WoWx6-presales

Deleted
    mop is a joke and i applaud those that skipped it if this really works

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    mop is a joke and i applaud those that skipped it if this really works
    Worked for me, I'm able to make monks / run through MoP content without ever buying MoP. I just bought WoD pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Laysson View Post
    No, you must have MoP to play WoD, i just read it on the pre-order page.

https://eu.battle.net/shop/en/produc...WoWx6-presales
    clearly they changed their minds or gave everyone all previous expansions by mistake.

Now they'll have to take away the free shit they mistakenly gave people or allow the few who made the purchase early to keep it. congrats you're grandfathered in

With WOD all expansions are included.

If you had just vanilla and would buy WOD now, you could Play TBC, WotLK, Cata and MOP. Well and WOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Syl3r View Post
    i would be ok with wod shiping all other expansions with it if they didnt increase the pricepoint of it.
    i mean come on, the expansions were expansive enough in the past but now increasing the costs.... i hate that move.
    and how justify that? by giving you a free 90 boost and all the other parts of wow. and i have NO use for either of them.

but i can understand blizz thoughtprocess of giving mop ontop of wod, it just makes it easier for newcomers/returnees, but i still think its unfair to the people that payed for all of that.
    i would be ok with it if the battlechest and mop were included in the ce and dd, but even for the "cheap" version.....

and yes, you might call this "whining" but i dont care. its a bad move in my eyes
    Blizzard sent out millions of surveys a short time ago asking about price points for WoD. It is quite possible that the majority of surveys taken had no problem with a $50 expansion price point.

As stated before in this thread and by myself and others, it is extremely hard to find another form of entertainment cheaper than WoW. At max its $0.50 a day plus $30-$80 every 2 years or so. You got to experience the content at the time it was released in the manner it was meant to experience it. Lowering the price now in no way makes it unfair to those of us who paid full price at the time it was fresh and we were loving it. Arguments like this piss me off like the people who buy something then find out it went on sale at a later date then try to get refunded the sale difference. You thought the product had enough value to purchase it before a discount. A lower price should not effect your feelings.

If true, then this is a fantastic move by Blizzard. Makes it easy to return to the game. Time to inform my friends about this.

Thats just great!

Im really fine with this, I bought al the x-packs and I couldnt care less bout people claiming to be screwed... You bought the game on your own, and yes they would like people to come back. And if when buying Wod you get all the previous content and updates hell Im fine with that.

Ive had a blast when that content was actual, and I will have a blast with the content to come!

@OP thanks for finding out and gratz and have fun with you 90!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrain View Post
    Blizzard sent out millions of surveys a short time ago asking about price points for WoD. It is quite possible that the majority of surveys taken had no problem with a $50 expansion price point.

As stated before in this thread and by myself and others, it is extremely hard to find another form of entertainment cheaper than WoW. At max its $0.50 a day plus $30-$80 every 2 years or so. You got to experience the content at the time it was released in the manner it was meant to experience it. Lowering the price now in no way makes it unfair to those of us who paid full price at the time it was fresh and we were loving it. Arguments like this piss me off like the people who buy something then find out it went on sale at a later date then try to get refunded the sale difference. You thought the product had enough value to purchase it before a discount. A lower price should not effect your feelings.
    im totally fine with lowering the pricepoint of past expansions like they did untill now with the battlechest.
    my problem is that i basicly have to pay for the past expansions again in form of the increased price of wod.
    if i could give the free battlechest+mop i would buy with wod i would be ok with it. but how they do it now is just bad.
    and dont come saying they are free. nothing is free.
    also, wow is cheap, but by no way the cheapest.
    there are MANY indie games that are realy cheap and give me much more joy then wow. kerbal space program for example.
    15€ for about 150h till now and still rising.
    i dont want to say wow is bad or something, but its not that cheap.
    also the fact they charge in 3 forms for it is horrible in my view. box, sub AND micro, just too much..... :/ and i hate the fact they get away with it

@Syl3r Im really not trying to be rude here.

But if that is the way you are thinking and you really dont Blizzard cuz of what they are doing with the game en payments.. why dont you just quit the game and move on to another game? I do agree with you on several items. I for 2 dont like seeing the shop overal(menu/startscreen/ingame) and that they want to charge us overpriced mounts and stuff while we also pay a monthly subscription.. but I just don't look at that stuff and focus on the game, which is really really good.

Buying WoD pretty much has to include MoP otherwise the included Boost would put you into an expansion you can't access. This isn't rocket surgery.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Buying WoD pretty much has to include MoP otherwise the included Boost would put you into an expansion you can't access. This isn't rocket surgery.
    Everything is possible with Blizzard.

Just want to pop in here and confirm that this is (for the time being) 100% legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    Not playing that shitty pandaland :P excited for WOD tho
    I mean if you want to pay $60 every time you want to roll an alt, just because you never played Warcraft 3, it's totally your prerogative. Also your prerogative you call things shitty that you've never tried/know next to nothing about. :/

OT: Maybe this is why it costs $50 now, and they just decided to make it that way across the board regardless of who was currently subscribed or not.