The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    they have Iron Man fighting like his main weapons isn't missiles and explosions.
    He's not out there trying to kill either Cap or Bucky. He uses his repulsors several times and they are blocked with the shield which is why they are tossing it between them. Not to mention he has to actively know what he is doing and aim things, he can't just launch missiles in fixed locations with his mind. Plus we have no context, etc, etc...so I don't know what point in the story this is happening or what condition Tony is in prior or during the fight.

It remains to be seen how far down the comic line they go, so I really just don't have any grasp on what we're seeing to judge it this way. It seems a little over the top I can admit, but I'll reserve final judgment until I see how that plays out. They did a fairly even keeled job on Winter Solider, so I don't expect it will feel unnatural in the movie.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I was just going to ask if spiderman was for sure in it. To me he is the main character of Marvel Comics, even if I haven't read a spiderman comic since One More Day.
    Marvel and Sony made a big deal.

Spiderman gets to play in the MCU sandpit and Marvel help Sony make a solo Spiderman film featuring other Heroes from the MCU.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I hardly think Iron Man is out for blood.
    I would hope that it at the end did escalate to that point, I mean, it's not super exciting to watch them fight if Iron Man is intentionally holding back. He could at least have some form of non-lethal gadgets, to me it looked a bit silly when he went physical with two guys who are just beating down on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It remains to be seen how far down the comic line they go, so I really just don't have any grasp on what we're seeing to judge it this way. It seems a little over the top I can admit, but I'll reserve final judgment until I see how that plays out. They did a fairly even keeled job on Winter Solider, so I don't expect it will feel unnatural in the movie.
    I'm not totally judging, I'm just calling out what I think might end up being troublesome in the movie based on what I have. As I said, it looked very Winter Solder-esque, which was (rightfully so) praised for the physical fighting it had, which worked because it was a movie filled with soldiers. Some of the other heroes usually rely on flying, explosions, magic, etc. though, which could clash with that kind of action.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the other heroes usually rely on flying, explosions, magic, etc. though, which could clash with that kind of action.
    I expect you'll see all of that when the heroes are engaging in open spaces. When it's two guys you aren't trying to hurt inside a building, not going to be a whole lot of explosions and magic...
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Why do you think the only people to fight Hulk so far have been Thor and Iron Man in Veronica? Because if Captain America tried to fight him he'd get smeared to paste.

Why do you think the only people to fight Hulk so far have been Thor and Iron Man in Veronica? Because if Captain America tried to fight him he'd get smeared to paste.
    Add Vision to the list of who could go toe to toe with Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoaric View Post
    It's definitely Crossbones. He just doesn't have his power fists on and he's wearing
    goggles.
    I stand corrected.

Official Synopsis

"Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War finds Steve Rogers leading the newly formed team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. But after another incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability, headed by a governing body to oversee and direct the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers, resulting in two camps—one led by Steve Rogers and his desire for the Avengers to remain free to defend humanity without government interference, and the other following Tony Stark’s surprising decision to support government oversight and accountability. Get ready to pick a side and join the nonstop action playing out on two fronts when Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War opens in U.S. theaters on May."

I'm actually kinda glad they didn't show Spider-Man or a lot of Black Panther or Antman. It focused on characters already established in Cap movies- Cap, Falcon, Bucky, and Black Widow. Maybe that was to assuage the "it's just Avengers 3" mentality.
    It definitely looks like a continuation of Winter Soldier and AoU instead of just a third movie with another villain to fight.
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Add Vision to the list of who could go toe to toe with Hulk.

Not sure how?

For clarity I am assuming only the movie version of Vision that was introduced in the Age of Ultron.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Not sure how?

For clarity I am assuming only the movie version of Vision that was introduced in the Age of Ultron.
    Movie Vision

Is made of Vibranium, Possess the Mind Stone, Has Super Strength and Durability.

Sounds like he could hold his own vs The Hulk.

Deleted
    Not sure how?

Everytime Hulk tries to punch him he could just phase out and therefore Hulk can't hit him.

As for whether he could actually beat the Hulk, doubtful, I mean Thor couldn't beat him in Avengers 1, and it took a specially designed suit and powerslamming him through a building to just knock him out in Avengers 2.

But this is by the by, my original point was, the reason that we haven't see any god tier characters going up against the Hulk is because they'll just die, like straight up.

- - - Updated - - -

I would hope that it at the end did escalate to that point, I mean, it's not super exciting to watch them fight if Iron Man is intentionally holding back. He could at least have some form of non-lethal gadgets, to me it looked a bit silly when he went physical with two guys who are just beating down on him.
    You see him shoot one of his palm lasers at Cap. And we don't know how the fight ends yet, all we've seen is them wailing on Iron Man.

As for intentionally holding back, that's kind of the point isn't it? I doubt that Tony would kill Steve just because someone told him to.

Is made of Vibranium, Possess the Mind Stone, Has Super Strength and Durability.
    I'm not sure to the degree that they have fleshed out the Hulk in the movies. However, no matter how strong or durable Vision is Hulk is more so.

The thing about Hulk is that he literally has no upper limit to his strength the madder he gets the stronger he gets. Plus his durability is as close to immune from damage as it can get without actually being immortal.

However, I don't know enough about comic vision to say one way or the other what he can do.

I'm not sure to the degree that they have fleshed out the Hulk in the movies. However, no matter how strong or durable Vision is Hulk is more so.

The thing about Hulk is that he literally has no upper limit to his strength the madder he gets the stronger he gets. Plus his durability is as close to immune from damage as it can get without actually being immortal.

However, I don't know enough about comic vision to say one way or the other what he can do.
    On a purely movie based observation , i think Vision could fight the Hulk but wouldnt win.

Everytime Hulk tries to punch him he could just phase out and therefore Hulk can't hit him.

As for whether he could actually beat the Hulk, doubtful, I mean Thor couldn't beat him in Avengers 1, and it took a specially designed suit and powerslamming him through a building to just knock him out in Avengers 2.

But this is by the by, my original point was, the reason that we haven't see any god tier characters going up against the Hulk is because they'll just die, like straight up.

- - - Updated - - -

You see him shoot one of his palm lasers at Cap. And we don't know how the fight ends yet, all we've seen is them wailing on Iron Man.

As for intentionally holding back, that's kind of the point isn't it? I doubt that Tony would kill Steve just because someone told him to.
    Thor wasn't trying to beat Hulk, he was trying to contain the damage of Hulk's rampage.
    Everyone can piss on the floor. So be a hero, and shit on the ceiling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyMad View Post
    Thor wasn't trying to beat Hulk, he was trying to contain the damage of Hulk's rampage.
    Thor was trying to do the same thing that Iron Man was doing in 2, knock him out, neither of them were holding back, Thor gave him a solid whack with Mjolnir which had the effect of stumbling the Hulk if I recall but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Do you think we'll be seeing Iron Spider in Civil War?
    we wont. spidey starts out in an outfit like this

then tony makes his traditional outfit and webshooters. so instead of going from suit to metal suit he goes from street rags to professional super clothes

- - - Updated - - -

i could see them referencing it though. maybe tony doing a slideshow of theoretical suits and being all like "i went through tons of ideas, kind of lost track, then decided, lets just keep it simple... but.. i did make you these sick as fuck things that fit on your wrists and shoot webbing, i mean what kind of spider doesnt shoot webs? a lame one"

- - - Updated - - -

cap is a super soldier with a vibranium shield and bucky has AN ENTIRE ARM made out of vibranium.

since there is no adamantium in mcu vibranium is the end all be all of materials in the mcu. its not like its hawkeye beating him up.

bucky and caps shield should have no problem ripping iron mans armor to shreds
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    So uh, what happens after the Avengers kill god in Avengers 3? Infinity Gauntlet powered Thanos... what's more threatening after the heroes take him down?

They pulled the god card way too earlier, once Thanos is dead I don't know how they are going to keep the story compelling once the heroes have shown that they are practically unbeatable at that point.
    First, this is assuming they'll "kill" Thanos.

Second, The Infinity Gauntlet series came and concluded in the 90's, and they started another recently in 2015, an Avenger's has still been fighting villains (and heroes) since then. Thanos isn't the only villain in the Marvel Universe.
    Gorr the god butcher (one of Thor's villains), killed more gods than the Avengers, and Thor's still an ongoing series.

Third, Thanos is a titan.

- - - Updated - - -

What I'm curious about is,
    they made Nick Fury black (not sure if I can label him as "African American") for the sake of having a black character.
    Will they be making anyone on the Avengers roster gay, for the sake of having a gay character?
    This seems like the latest trend in comics.

Not hating, just contemplating.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinima Shawn View Post
    First, this is assuming they'll "kill" Thanos.

Second, The Infinity Gauntlet series came and concluded in the 90's, and they started another recently in 2015, an Avenger's has still been fighting villains (and heroes) since then. Thanos isn't the only villain in the Marvel Universe.
    Gorr the god butcher (one of Thor's villains), killed more gods than the Avengers, and Thor's still an ongoing series.

Third, Thanos is a titan.

- - - Updated - - -

What I'm curious about is,
    they made Nick Fury black (not sure if I can label him as "African American") for the sake of having a black character.
    Will they be making anyone on the Avengers roster gay, for the sake of having a gay character?
    This seems like the latest trend in comics.

Not hating, just contemplating.
    Ultimates Nick Fury is Black and the MCU is loosely based on the Ultimate universe.